Buying kids' clothes dilemma

The Children’s Place, Target and Carter’s all have generous sizing on boy’s briefs. The sizing for their largest size is about the same as an adult male size M. I bought some boy’s XXL Husky zip up hoodies from Walmart’s Wonder Nation. They were on clearance for $5 and had a fleece liner. Only thing is that one was all black and the other a Carhartt type of tan. Nothing truly kiddy in appearance. I haven’t had the guts to wear them because of what my wife would say. She doesn’t like my little side. It theoretically scratches my little itch because I’m wearing something meant for kids. Just like some of us wear diapers secretly in public. If I wore in public. No one would know the difference but I would. I tried the on in the store and was shocked how well they fit. I’ve gained some weight since Covid. If I could lose 20 lbs I could likely fit the regular XL. Probably could fit the L Goodnites again. But thats a different story.

The thing I’ve never understood is how so many store brands have such big kids’ clothes but we can’t get any bigger funpals beyond size 8.

Reactions: diaperbobby and BobbiSueEllen
I12BLittle89 said:
The Children’s Place, Target and Carter’s all have generous sizing on boy’s briefs. The sizing for their largest size is about the same as an adult male size M. I bought some boy’s XXL Husky zip up hoodies from Walmart’s Wonder Nation. They were on clearance for $5 and had a fleece liner. Only thing is that one was all black and the other a Carhartt type of tan. Nothing truly kiddy in appearance. I haven’t had the guts to wear them because of what my wife would say. She doesn’t like my little side. It theoretically scratches my little itch because I’m wearing something meant for kids. Just like some of us wear diapers secretly in public. If I wore in public. No one would know the difference but I would. I tried the on in the store and was shocked how well they fit. I’ve gained some weight since Covid. If I could lose 20 lbs I could likely fit the regular XL. Probably could fit the L Goodnites again. But thats a different story.

The thing I’ve never understood is how so many store brands have such big kids’ clothes but we can’t get any bigger funpals beyond size 8.
I've found that J C Penney also has very generous sizing in boys' briefs and T's (and probably boxers/boxer briefs, too, though I don't buy those). I am 5'6" and 160lb., and many of the boys' size clothes, especially the husky sizes, from Walmart and Penney's fit me perfectly. I buy plain enough so that I can wear everyday out in public. No one notices, but I know how I am dressed and it feels great!

Reactions: Danielle, Tinklepanties, I12BLittle89 and 1 other person
diaperbobby said:
I've found that J C Penney also has very generous sizing in boys' briefs and T's (and probably boxers/boxer briefs, too, though I don't buy those). I am 5'6" and 160lb., and many of the boys' size clothes, especially the husky sizes, from Walmart and Penney's fit me perfectly. I buy plain enough so that I can wear everyday out in public. No one notices, but I know how I am dressed and it feels great!
I forgot about J C Penney. I think I considered their briefs but didn’t like the patterns. They looked like an adult L. I almost laughed at how huge they were. Someone opened a pack. I don’t like their adaptive clothing patterns. I haven’t looked at Target yet. They aren’t available in stores around me. So it’s hard to pull the trigger on clothes I can’t see in person or try on.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
i will say that in american vs uk kids clothing, american is more inclusive in sizing and goes up to bigger sizes say what you will about it being because there are bigger kids weight-wise in the usa, but kids deserve clothing that fits them no matter what their weight is and kids are getting taller. one thing i also see is how ‘fancier’ or eco-friendly kid’s clothing brands also tend to end at smaller sizes, which is kind of strange because i would assume that their beliefs and mission would also make them more inclusive. maybe it is because of smaller customer base they don’t make bigger sizes as there isn’t as high a demand?

• Thinking
Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
I went to Walmart and decided to take another look at clothes. The jeans only went to 16 Husky. I was hoping for 18 or even 20 Husky. Some pairs were as low as $9.89 I think? As high as $15 I think? Name brand Lee I think it was? Adjustable waist and stretchy relaxed fit had me curious. Just for the frugality of it. But my wife would notice I got new jeans. She might not check the sizing but there’s always the chance. She noticed my boys XL boxer briefs were smaller than the rest. Though I wore them all the time in front of her. She never checked the label but I told her she gained weight. Which I had and we decided to get rid of them. I think she knew but didn’t want to acknowledge it.

I have, and wear, a bunch of Walmart Wonder Nation and they do sell size 18 jeans for boys such as this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wonder-N...enim-Jeans-2-Pack-Sizes-4-18-Husky/2651648825 for the two pack. They are always in and out of stock so just put yourself on e-mail notification. These are stretchy denim with the adjustable size loops so they should fit you fine. They are usually around $18 U.S. dollar for the pair which is also very good. A single pair of men's Levi's jeans normally run $60

Reactions: I12BLittle89
Yeah, what to do when they are sooo cute and soft and all these prints and decorations ... everybody must love these little pieces. Unfortunately these are obviously too too little. You can collect them and admire but it's not enough. I found another way. I learned how to sew and create cuts, I always bought a nice little piece, tore it apart, got the same or similar fabrics and sewed an enlarged copy. Briefs, onesies, pyjamas, whatever. But it's not cheap, it's laborious, and it takes a long time to be satisfied with the result. I don't do it anymore because of the family, but it's also a way...

If there's a problem wearing the clothes, then there would be a problem wearing the diapers/Pull-Ups/Goodnites etc. Since there's clearly no problem with the latter, the same should apply to the former.

Prairie said:
If there's a problem wearing the clothes, then there would be a problem wearing the diapers/Pull-Ups/Goodnites etc. Since there's clearly no problem with the latter, the same should apply to the former.
I wish it would apply but sadly going out dressed a certain way could attract negative attention and have people label you a creep or worse.

Some clothes are easy to wear and pass off as either adult or children's clothing but i would be way too afraid to dress in anything obviously childish.

Reactions: longallsboy
i can get way with school uinfrom or hero t shirts thats about it

SissyAliceUK said:
I wish it would apply but sadly going out dressed a certain way could attract negative attention and have people label you a creep or worse.

Some clothes are easy to wear and pass off as either adult or children's clothing but i would be way too afraid to dress in anything obviously childish.

Well, that is true in some cases. Or I've heard stories where you could even actually possibly become an adult victim of a child sex offender, especially if you dress like a child and act like a child. That could be something very unfortunate that could happen. Although some people, like myself, can't help themselves from acting like a child because they are truly developmentally like a child and quite developmentally disabled. I have Classic Autism and ADHD. I'm in my late 40s, but I'm emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old (and virtually any of relatives, friends, bullies, the few ex-employers I have, past college instructors, child development professors, even friends that have Autism Spectrum Disorder who are like 12 year olds emotionally and socially would concur with that). I can't even act like an adult when I want to. It's like a total sham. Even preschoolers and toddlers can tell something is developmentally wrong with me. In college, I was called the R word by 96% of the students in my college apartment dorm. I'll probably get hit and kicked around in a nursing home in my so called "elderly years". A lot of nonautistic adults even get bullied in old age nursing homes. That would complete a sad vicious nonstop cycle of being bullied from 4th grade to the end of life. I think I'd rather be left on the bathroom floor of my home and pass away there rather than going to an abusive nursing home. All I ever did was being sweet, kind, and accepting - and all I got was a lot of schitt for being kind to even my bullies. If there's any karma in the next life......if I must be Autistic again, having proportional pituitary dwarfism in addition to my Autism would even be a blessing. At least if I looked like a child, people would be more understanding of me. Autism is really the worst thing - actually, to be honest, society is more accepting of even adult babies than Autistics. I was never even technically an adult baby, as I don't even wear diapers.

The only age group as a whole that was ever accepting of me were toddlers and preschoolers. That's partly also because they haven't been taught how to be judgmental of those who are disabled, but also they tend to be more understanding too because toddlers are born that way. I've met some kind and good elderly people too, but I can't say as a whole, I've met nasty judgmental elderly people, though not as much as the 18 to 35 year old age group. Maybe I'm also becoming a bit cynical after being bullied most of my entire life.....

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Lilschoolfox said:
i can get way with school uinfrom or hero t shirts thats about it

Get away with??! I can't even get away with being Autistic and being who I am because society isn't accepting of Autistic people. I'm certainly not going to apologize and beg society / people for forgiveness for being Autistic. That's insulting to my intelligence even. Would a person with Down Syndrome have to ask for forgiveness for having Down Syndrome? People who think that I should ask for forgiveness for having Autism should put one foot in front of the other, and take a long walk off a really short pier.

I can barely even get away with wearing "long-alls" or jon jons, or even overalls -- and I'm not even an adult baby. People are more understanding of criminals than Autistic people.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lilschoolfox
Autiesaurus said:
I still fit into kids’ clothes and they’re pretty much all I wear. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, people will probably find you cute at best, quirky at worst. I’m wearing a dress designed for 12-year-old girls as I write this, and feel nothing but cute as I do so. Wear what you want and don’t concern yourself with others’ opinions.
Can u post pic of them

Back