Buying kids' clothes dilemma

Littl3Luk3 said:
You'd be surprised at home many adults buy children's clothing. I know petite women who will shop exclusively in the girl's section for clothing and shoes and they save a tonne of money. Especially in the UK where you don't pay tax on a lot of children's clothing.

One of my favourite shops for boy's clothing is M&S in the UK. They are a bit conservative in nature and many would regard them as a bit stuck in past, but while that might be a major drag for a lot of people, it's actually good if you want kids clothing that looks like kids clothing and not just something a mini adult would wear.

My most recent purchase was these in size 15-16 (32 inch waist).
M&S has some cute boys clothing for age 15-16 which fit me. It's a bit expensive to ship to the US so I have to choose wisely!

When I was a young adult, I would buy clothes in the boys section because I could fit in them and they were so much cheaper. Now, they would be a little tight.

Reactions: longallsboy
islajack said:
I am a married woman and I have a 2-year-old daughter, and still look like a 15-year-old girl, I am also wants to wear kids clothes to look more younger but I can't because I am a mother also, I buy my daughter clothes through My Sky Moment Discount Codes mostly, If you look younger so do what ever you want.
Just because you are a mom it does not mean you still can't dress fun or cute.

Have you ever been mistaken for your SO's younger sibling or even daughter?
Which would depend more on their age/looks as well.

Reactions: Wangtang
I went ahead and bought some clothes anyway. I got a couple of dresses with keychains, and a pair of jeans with a hair bow. Let's hope I can just enjoy them and not go into another depressive episode.

Hopefully, have you got any support for your depression at all? I’ve got a friend who has depression and I talk to her about it, listen to her and give support when she needs it.

I take pills and I have a therapist. I'm not nearly as depressed as I used to be, but I still experience episodes sometimes. Also, being on HRT helps a lot.

That’s good, I’ve just started on antidepressants and have signed up fo cognitive behaviour therapy.

What’s HRT?

HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy. I'm MTF transgender, and it's for treating my gender dysphoria.

Oh right, hope it’s going well for you x

MandyBear said:
Just because you are a mom it does not mean you still can't dress fun or cute.

Have you ever been mistaken for your SO's younger sibling or even daughter?
Which would depend more on their age/looks as well.
Definitely agree with you!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I stumbled upon your post about the dilemma of buying kids' clothes, and it really struck a chord with me. It's understandable how the cost and the quick growth of kids can make shopping for clothes a bit of a puzzle. One approach could be to try second-hand stores or online platforms where you can find gently used items at a fraction of the cost.

"If we could only stay little until our Carter's wear out..." 🤣

Wait...we are little and we're not growing. Bonus. Party! 🥳🥳🥳🤭🥰

Only I don't wear Carter's...but I think Big Tots, MyBinkies&Bows and StrawberryPrincess all count! 🥳

Reactions: longallsboy
I wish I could fit in kids clothes. Every time I find something cool, yup, kids sizes only. 😔

Like these. 🥲

1000011728.jpg
1000011508.jpg

Last edited:
I’m mad at kids clothes right now …. I used to buy and wear almost all from 14-16 girls because I’m little and xsmall ladies got too big in my favourite store when they brought in plus sizes and re did their sizes which means everything got bigger. No im not bitter and it’s been 8 years lololol.

But now Walmart size 14-16 has got a bit smaller so the PJ pants don’t fit well and wear out in 6 months or less. But the tops fit great and sooooooooo cute I love matching sets in flannel and cotton long sleeve. But single sweaters in that size for my top are too wide now! My chest/waist/shoulders fits a size 12 but then the sleeves are too short. Are kids actually getting that much chubbier?! Clothing sizes are just all over the map it’s impossible.

• Haha
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and longallsboy
KarmaBaby3 said:
I’m mad at kids clothes right now …. I used to buy and wear almost all from 14-16 girls because I’m little and xsmall ladies got too big in my favourite store when they brought in plus sizes and re did their sizes which means everything got bigger. No im not bitter and it’s been 8 years lololol.

But now Walmart size 14-16 has got a bit smaller so the PJ pants don’t fit well and wear out in 6 months or less. But the tops fit great and sooooooooo cute I love matching sets in flannel and cotton long sleeve. But single sweaters in that size for my top are too wide now! My chest/waist/shoulders fits a size 12 but then the sleeves are too short. Are kids actually getting that much chubbier?! Clothing sizes are just all over the map it’s impossible.
I think it's because most clothes are being made in a number of different Asian countries and probably India and Bangladesh. There doesn't seem to be the uniformity that there once once. I too have noticed that clothes are getting smaller. I'm actually losing weight, yet I'm buying extra large instead of large.

• Thinking
Reactions: Tinklepanties and BobbiSueEllen
DiaperedIzzy said:
Every time I look online for clothes to buy, almost none of the adult sized clothes seem cute enough, so I look at the kids' clothes. I love the way they look and feel, and sometimes I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. But every time I get some, I feel like a disgusting freak. It feels like an ultimate taboo, and part of me wants to throw it all away. If I don't get some, I get depressed over wanting them so bad. It feels like I just can't win. Is this normal? Should I just give this all up, and try to grow up?
If you like how they look and feel then whats wrong? If you're not hurting anyone with it and not forcing it on anyone else then I say enjoy it as much as you can. I'd say if youre one of the lucky few who can fit stuff like Gap Kids and the like then make the most out of it when youre diapered up at home.

I can fit a Kids size 'L', which is what my Spiderman t-shirts are and Levis 16R.
seated.jpg

DiaperedIzzy said:
Every time I look online for clothes to buy, almost none of the adult sized clothes seem cute enough, so I look at the kids' clothes. I love the way they look and feel, and sometimes I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. But every time I get some, I feel like a disgusting freak. It feels like an ultimate taboo, and part of me wants to throw it all away. If I don't get some, I get depressed over wanting them so bad. It feels like I just can't win. Is this normal? Should I just give this all up, and try to grow up?
You're not a freak. That or everybody is a freak. Adult clothes are purposely made to be dull and boring and it sucks. I WISH I could fit in kids clothes. Every time I find a cute shirt I want like these, they are always kids only sizes and the closest looking adult version is greatly subdued and toned down or only available in black, grey, navy, and olive drab. Hate it so much. It's hard being little in a masculine 6'+ 200+ mesomorph/endomorph body. 😭

1000011508.jpg
1000011728.jpg

There nothing wrong with liking cute or colorful stuff. Growing up is for boring insecure conforming losers! You clearly like and want this stuff, ignore the external social programming that tells you its bad.

I dress like this any time I go outside.

1000011795.jpg

I also enjoy the contrast it has with my job and stuff. People who might be tempted to tell me to grow up would be too confused or bitter when they see what I'm driving while playing metal music. I love mind fuxing people by just being me. 🫨😵‍💫🤯

A lot of things we are self conscious about are due to other underlying and unrelated pressures as well. Someone who still lives with parents or doesn't have a solid career might feel more self conscious about wearing childish clothes and not growing up for example. Someone who is older and independent and has their dream career will exude confidence and basically not give a rats ass what other people think about their clothes or immaturity.

The feeling of being a freak or failure is compounded by multiple factors. What clothing you like often isnt the cause, its just the final obvious straw on top of other things. Because our clothes and external stuff are what we present to other people to see and judge us by. If we present a certain way we feel like they can see all our private matters and shortcomings, especially if our hair style and fashion doesn't conform to social expectations of age appropriate progress in life. If you can identify and fortify against those other pressures, you'll feel more free to be yourself and confident in telling others they can go FTS.

I always tell people I know "I'm a <job title>, I can dress however the fuck I want!". But I've never actually had randoms care or say anything. Either they don't care or they are smart enough to keep it to themselves. 🤣

Last edited:
I can easily wear boys/girls clothes size 16-18 so I do. Price is big thing where I can get a pair of jeans for $8 whereas men's jeans would be at least twice and sometimes 8 times as much (Levis). Sounds like you are worrying about what others might think which is a useless endeavor IMO. Doubt anyone is really going to notice as other people are in their own little world as they are walking down the street.

I'm the opposite of a "fashion victim". I'm part of these guys that are unable to buy clothes for themselves! Each time I need the help of my wife to select something "correct" for me.

But when it comes to Baby/childish/kiddish clothes... I know exactly what I would like to wear!

Sometimes, in "adult" section, there are a few cute things (overalls, T-shirts, ...) that I would love to buy but my wife don't even have a eye on it and therefore I don't buy it.

In my ABDL (secret) drawer, I have of course plenty of nice clothes but I wear them only when i'm with my ABDL friends.

Finally, being 60, it's even more difficult to wear kids clothes... It's stupid but it's a social pressure...

Reactions: longallsboy and BobbiSueEllen
Back