Commuting

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Any good tips or advice for using diapers during long commutes to work? I find them so helpful instead of worrying if traffic will be bad or having to use a bathroom that is gross, can you relate?

Reactions: Edgewater
Diapers work great for commuting
I always put on a fresh diaper right before the longer commute as I don't want a wet seat especially if taking public transportation
but even in your car cleaning urine out of a seat is a pain
if you over flow regularly take steps to protect the seat like sitting on a puppy pad
always bring extra diapers & full change of clothes with you.

Reactions: artemisenterri, Ranma, Edgewater and 2 others
I might order a smellproof bag so the car does not smell so much like dips

I can definitely relate! I've been doing quite a bit of driving lately. Having a diaper on has been great! The only problem I have is I have some kind of mental block around wetting while I'm driving. I'll hopefully get over that soon.

Whenever I've been driving in the past, if I really need to pee, I end up speeding to get to a bathroom. With a diaper I can just stop wherever I want and pee, then get on with things! It's brilliant hehe.

Reactions: padded1989, artemisenterri, Lyric and 2 others
I have long carried a 'wheeled, carry-on, in my SUV, in which I carried a full compliment of diapers and diaper care products, plus a full change of clothing. Regardless of whether the trip was short or long, I was covered. That is all part of my belief that is it much better to be over padded and not need, then to have leaks.

Prior to retirement, I also carried my computer bag, in which I carried at least 3 diaper changes and the support products.

Reactions: artemisenterri and SparkyDog
I keep a “diaper bag” in my truck, and yes I’ve used it a few times, I’ve left work not feeling well and put a diaper on before driving home, thankful to have it, I’ve also left work when the weather was bad, knowing the ride home (50min normal commute) would be long and slow, again thankful to have. I’ve never needed to have a diaper while going to work, and when the wife and I are out she has a different bag with my stuff in it.

Aimeesaurus said:
I can definitely relate! I've been doing quite a bit of driving lately. Having a diaper on has been great! The only problem I have is I have some kind of mental block around wetting while I'm driving. I'll hopefully get over that soon.

Whenever I've been driving in the past, if I really need to pee, I end up speeding to get to a bathroom. With a diaper I can just stop wherever I want and pee, then get on with things! It's brilliant hehe.
Give yourself some time and I bet you will find yourself wetting your diapers while driving comes naturally, at least that was my experience. It's been many years since I last drove and didn't have diapers and rubber pants on.

Lyric said:
Give yourself some time and I bet you will find yourself wetting your diapers while driving comes naturally, at least that was my experience. It's been many years since I last drove and didn't have diapers and rubber pants on.
Yeah I'm positive you're right. I had the same problem just wetting at all when I first started wearing. Then I had to get over wetting while lying down. I got over those though, I'll get there eventually hehe.

Back