Do you prefer flooding or little spurts? Why?

nonameforme

New diaper lover who loves wetting
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Genuine question for those who can control it.. do you prefer to flood your diaper or just let it out any time you feel a little pee? I’m still new to the DL life and experimenting. Also, any favorite positions to pee in let me know! I’m new to diaper wearing and sometimes find it hard to relax enough to enjoy a nice warm pee.

Reactions: nectar0001, Amzz92, ChristianDiaperLover and 1 other person
I try not to pee a lot at one time as this can lead to leaks.

Reactions: geka, jcwilliams343, artemisenterri and 2 others
BabyDenise said:
I try not to pee a lot at one time as this can lead to leaks.
I understand that. Do you like to let small amounts out?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I've been diapered 24/7 for a few years already, and I prefer to let it all out as soon as I feel even a little urge because I hate to hold my pee... it also prevents leaks and helps the diaper work more efficiently regarding wetness distribution.

However there are some times when my bladder fills up a lot more than usual, like when I spend a long time sitting down or if I've drank coffee, and it takes longer for me to feel that first urge and no matter if I let it out immediately I get semi-floods that also feel wonderful.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, jenstheboy, littledub1955 and 3 others
DinoFrant said:
I've been diapered 24/7 for a few years already, and I prefer to pee as soon as I feel even a little urge because I hate to hold my pee... it also prevents leaks and helps the diaper work more efficiently regarding wetness distribution.

However there are some times when my bladder fills up a lot more than usual, like when I spend a long time sitting down or if I've drank coffee, and it takes longer for me to feel that first urge and no matter if I let it out immediately I get semi-floods that also feel wonderful.
That’s what I’ve been playing with. I like to just go whenever I want but sometimes I have to really focus to pee even if I really need to go. I’m pretty new to diapers so I am trying to train.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and DinoFrant
nonameforme said:
That’s what I’ve been playing with. I like to just go whenever I want but sometimes I have to really focus to pee even if I really need to go. I’m pretty new to diapers so I am trying to train.
Give it time and don't worry if you need to focus to pee; remember you're fighting against many years of potty trained conditioning. If you're having trouble even with a big urge try to adopt a position in which you can easily relax your sphincter.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, jenstheboy, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
DinoFrant said:
Give it time and don't worry if you need to focus to pee; remember you're fighting against many years of potty trained conditioning. If you're having trouble even with a big urge try to adopt a position in which you can easily relax your sphincter.
Thank you! What are some of your favorite peeing positions? I seem to be able to flood really easily if I’m standing. But I have a hard time peeing sitting or walking. I can potty if I’m on my back laying down but it’s harder.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and DinoFrant
nonameforme said:
Thank you! What are some of your favorite peeing positions? I seem to be able to flood really easily if I’m standing. But I have a hard time peeing sitting or walking. I can potty if I’m on my back laying down but it’s harder.
Precisely sitting, walking and lying down are the hardest positions to pee while conscious due to the blockage of the urethra, so you require more pressure and that's normally when the potty trained conditioning comes in dismissing the urge instead of giving you the pressure you need to pee in your diaper, hence your need to focus more.

My personal favourite is peeing while crouching because I feel the warm wetness spreading all over a larger portion of my diaper front to back... sitting also feels wonderful.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, jenstheboy, littledub1955 and 2 others
DinoFrant said:
Precisely sitting, walking and lying down are the hardest positions to pee while conscious due to the blockage of the urethra, so you require more pressure and that's normally when the potty trained conditioning comes in dismissing the urge instead of giving you the pressure you need to pee in your diaper, hence your need to focus more.

My personal favourite is peeing while crouching because I feel the warm wetness spreading all over a larger portion of my diaper front to back... sitting also feels wonderful.
I’ll give it a go!! Thank you. I’m excited to try

Reactions: diaperdude, PadPhilosopher and DinoFrant
If I have to go bad when I put the diaper on, like when I come home from being out and have been holding it for a while, I love to flood my diaper. After that, though, I prefer to wet the way babies do - let it out as I feel any having-to-pee feeling at all, something I have learned to do only when diapered, so I'll be cleaning or brushing my teeth and realize I'm wetting.

Reactions: nonameforme, Huggieswearer and PadPhilosopher
DinoFrant said:

Your remark about blockage of the urethra is not correct in the case of the OP, as females have plumbing routed differently, and it doesn't get blocked by that stuff like ours can. It just comes straight out, rather than the circuitous routing just below the skin that we have, where things often do get compressed and cause restrictions.

@nonameforme I haven't really said hi yet. Welcome! I hope you find what you need on this site. Also, yes, smaller releases are much less likely to leak, especially as your diaper begins to fill, and generally that's what I do, too. I wear for practical reasons, reducing bathroom stops during my work day and disruption to my sleep, and now I'm going 24/7 hardcore in solidarity with an IC friend who is having a difficult time accepting her need.

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperdude, DLPeakOut, littledub1955 and 1 other person
Flooding, I enjoy the big rush of instant relief and warmth + its fun to do the potty dance and lose control in your diaper

Last edited:
Reactions: nonameforme and PadPhilosopher
I am not incontinent so I volitionally wet my diaper. I prefer small to moderate wettings throughout the course of the day rather than flooding my diaper and risking leaking and a wet stain on my pants, particularly in the back from a press-out leak.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, nonameforme and PadPhilosopher
I generally prefer the little wets as that gives me a feeling of less control to wet when and wherever but I still have time where I get a big wet and that is a wonderful feeling.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, littledub1955, Fiammaverde and 2 others
At first wetting, I like to flood while knowing my diaper will contain it. And then I will do small spurts for the rest of the time so that my diaper can absorb it without leaking.

Reactions: FinnaYeet, jenstheboy, nonameforme and 1 other person
I guess my favorite would be wetting heavily while laying on my back so that the pee spreads out pretty quickly up front and in back.

Reactions: bunnyhopps, littledub1955, nonameforme and 2 others
PadPhilosopher said:
Your remark about blockage of the urethra is not correct in the case of the OP, as females have plumbing routed differently, and it doesn't get blocked by that stuff like ours can. It just comes straight out, rather than the circuitous routing just below the skin that we have, where things often do get compressed and cause restrictions.

@nonameforme I haven't really said hi yet. Welcome! I hope you find what you need on this site. Also, yes, smaller releases are much less likely to leak, especially as your diaper begins to fill, and generally that's what I do, too. I wear for practical reasons, reducing bathroom stops during my work day and disruption to my sleep, and now I'm going 24/7 hardcore in solidarity with an IC friend who is having a difficult time accepting her need.
You are so kind!! Thank you!!

• Love
Diapertoddler said:
Flooding, I enjoy the big rush of instant relief and warmth + its fun to do the potty dance and lose control in your diaper
I do really enjoy this too! But then there’s leaks haha

Frungie said:
I am not incontinent so I volitionally wet my diaper. I prefer small to moderate wettings throughout the course of the day rather than flooding my diaper and risking leaking and a wet stain on my pants, particularly in the back from a press-out leak.
Very true! This is what I’ve been doing the most.

This
jamiejamie said:
At first wetting, I like to flood while knowing my diaper will contain it. And then I will do small spurts for the rest of the time so that my diaper can absorb it without leaking.
This is nice! It gets super full this way.

Reactions: jamiejamie and PadPhilosopher
Back