Lifetime DL who is now actually incontinent...

Add a booster for nighttime use. Use plastic pants or a cloth diaper cover to prevent leaks. Always have a mattress protector on the bed and wash sheets often if leaks happen.

I also sleep on a washable changing mat/bed protector.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, Zeke and 2 others
I do not understand the hate that Tranquility ATN gets. I have used nothing but them and the Tranquility topliner contour boosters for months at a time, 24/7. They are very affordable and work very well. LL Medico will send you samples for $6 delivered, and if they work for you, you're going to save thousands over the course of years. I use with a booster to go 8+ hours, all work day or all night, or without a booster to go 4+ with a less bulky rear. My supplies for 24/7 are less than half of your $250/mo. You really should try them for yourself. Everyone has a different body, and a different experience. For example, most people love MegaMax. They don't work for me at all. Trying things to find what works for you is where it's at.

Tykables offers subscription boxes making them much less expensive for times when you need something that outlandishly thirsty; about $2.50/piece, or MegaMax territory.

I'm sorry that your body is uncooperative, but you are in a better position than most to deal with it, as you already have some idea of how. Once you find what works, it is just a change of routine, not a problem. Best wishes!

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Garboho
The plastic pants (Leakmaster Delux) and plastic mattress covers from Leakmaster are very durable and easily available from Amazon. Cost is reasonable. I’ve been using them for years.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Smackers said:
Figured I'd give a 2 month update. The shine is definitely starting to dull, haha. One problem I have is that the type of incontinence I have means I don't just dribble, I basically flood. And I have an overactive bladder on top of my incontinence, so I'm tending to have two full bladder releases or more a night. I'm finding my diaper can hold one full bladder release just fine, but I leak by the end of the second. And if go three or so times, I basically wet the bed all over again. I'd assume the solution would be thicker diapers, but those are much more expensive, so... crap. Any tips from people who heavily wet the bed at night, multiple times? When I leak, it tends to be from the sides where I tape up and there is no padding. Not the legs, but the hips.

edit: Options I'm looking for opinions on are mainly plastic panties and plastic bed covers. Basically, I don't want my room to smell like pee, any tips?
is your condition BPH. thats what I have. I also been a long term diaper lover. I was diagnosed with BPH 4 years ago. and 2 years ago I started to wet when I sleep a couple times a week. in the past year it turned in to just about every time I sleep. Wake time I maybe have a few accidents a week

babyjoe698 said:
is your condition BPH. thats what I have. I also been a long term diaper lover. I was diagnosed with BPH 4 years ago. and 2 years ago I started to wet when I sleep a couple times a week. in the past year it turned in to just about every time I sleep. Wake time I maybe have a few accidents a week
no, my prostate is fine. I'd rather not mention my medical condition as it's personal and not really relevant, other than it is also the exigence of my incontinence. The result is my muscles weakening, not just in my bladder, but in multiple places on my body, which is apparently what is causing the night incontinence, coupled with an overactive bladder.

I kind of have the same, I have always been pretty incontinent, and I was not really ever fully potty trained, most of the way there by thirteen and not at all until about seven. I remember actively potty training. I trained against my younger cousin but he always won and was out of diapers by the end. I think that was the first time I knew I was a DL I "lost" to my cousin while potty training but I was happy that I did.

I always just like being in diapers, I can only really make it to the restroom about 3 out of 4 times, and most of those are annoying to do. I just kind of think why bother if I am going to wet a fair amount anyway. I only get about ninety seconds of urge before I wet ready or not. I have always been in diapers on long road trips and during movies and have always wet the bed. It's late and I just woke up so I am likely to wet about now.

During the night I tend to have what I call baby wets where I wet my diaper like I am not potty trained. I guess that is where I know about potty training, actual accidents are different than not being potty trained. Accidents are noticeable but the feeling of not being potty trained just has you never notice, at least that is how it is for me.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Elhon said:
I kind of have the same, I have always been pretty incontinent, and I was not really ever fully potty trained, most of the way there by thirteen and not at all until about seven. I remember actively potty training. I trained against my younger cousin but he always won and was out of diapers by the end. I think that was the first time I knew I was a DL I "lost" to my cousin while potty training but I was happy that I did.

I always just like being in diapers, I can only really make it to the restroom about 3 out of 4 times, and most of those are annoying to do. I just kind of think why bother if I am going to wet a fair amount anyway. I only get about ninety seconds of urge before I wet ready or not. I have always been in diapers on long road trips and during movies and have always wet the bed. It's late and I just woke up so I am likely to wet about now.

During the night I tend to have what I call baby wets where I wet my diaper like I am not potty trained. I guess that is where I know about potty training, actual accidents are different than not being potty trained. Accidents are noticeable but the feeling of not being potty trained just has you never notice, at least that is how it is for me.
I understand what you mean, I feel and notice myself wetting every time I do it. I've not had experiences where I look down and I'm wet without realizing it. My incontinence is related to an inability to hold it, not a lack of notification.

PadPhilosopher said:
I do not understand the hate that Tranquility ATN gets. I have used nothing but them and the Tranquility topliner contour boosters for months at a time, 24/7. They are very affordable and work very well. LL Medico will send you samples for $6 delivered, and if they work for you, you're going to save thousands over the course of years. I use with a booster to go 8+ hours, all work day or all night, or without a booster to go 4+ with a less bulky rear. My supplies for 24/7 are less than half of your $250/mo. You really should try them for yourself. Everyone has a different body, and a different experience. For example, most people love MegaMax. They don't work for me at all. Trying things to find what works for you is where it's at.

Tykables offers subscription boxes making them much less expensive for times when you need something that outlandishly thirsty; about $2.50/piece, or MegaMax territory.

I'm sorry that your body is uncooperative, but you are in a better position than most to deal with it, as you already have some idea of how. Once you find what works, it is just a change of routine, not a problem. Best wishes!
I totally agree with everything you are saying. First, everybody's body is unique. Without a doubt. Second, I've used the atns for night for yrs and they've always worked fine.

Recently, I started using them during the day and they are great. My bladder capacity is pretty low (it's like 1/2 cup when I go) which probably helps. Case in point I'm still wearing the same one I put on at 8 AM this morning!

Smackers said:
Figured I'd give a 2 month update. The shine is definitely starting to dull, haha. One problem I have is that the type of incontinence I have means I don't just dribble, I basically flood. And I have an overactive bladder on top of my incontinence, so I'm tending to have two full bladder releases or more a night. I'm finding my diaper can hold one full bladder release just fine, but I leak by the end of the second. And if go three or so times, I basically wet the bed all over again. I'd assume the solution would be thicker diapers, but those are much more expensive, so... crap. Any tips from people who heavily wet the bed at night, multiple times? When I leak, it tends to be from the sides where I tape up and there is no padding. Not the legs, but the hips.

edit: Options I'm looking for opinions on are mainly plastic panties and plastic bed covers. Basically, I don't want my room to smell like pee, any tips?
With my oab/urge incontinence, I wear an Incontrol Inspire+ with a Northshore booster, then a cloth prefold over that and a pair of Northshore trifecta pants over that. I hydrate a lot in the afternoon/evening so I don't wake up with cramps. My pee is so diluted that there is very little urine smell. I'm not saying there aren't occasional small leaks, but, usually none. I wet a lot during the night and my diaper is usually almost totally saturated in the morning. I don't have to wear during the day as long as I'm at home. We have a regular mattress protector and I have a large bed pad on my side. The only thing that might get a little wet from a slight leak is the sheet.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, Constantlydamp, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back