Went to hospital today...

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I went to hospital today, but before anybody starts to panic and worry, it wasn't an emergency or anything.

You may remember that in one of my previous threads, I said that I have a cataract. Well, after some months, I finally heard from the NHS and was able to have an appointment. Today was basically a consultation, and my eyes were checked, and tests carried out. It seems that I actually have TWO cataracts, although the one in my left eye is not as bad as the one in my right eye.

After a discussion with one of the doctors in the eye clinic, I've decided to have both eyes done, which should mean I should be less short- sighted. I was given some literature detailing what the operation involves, any risks, etc.

One unexpected result of my appointment was that I was able to ride on one of the new electric double-decker buses operated by First Bus. I was impressed by their quietness, especially compared to the older, non-electric one I took from the city back to my home village.

As for the cataract operations, I will be contacted at a later date.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: diaperbutt09, KBoy and sissybaby34
Sissyleslie said:
I went to hospital today, but before anybody starts to panic and worry, it wasn't an emergency or anything.

You may remember that in one of my previous threads, I said that I have a cataract. Well, after some months, I finally heard from the NHS and was able to have an appointment. Today was basically a consultation, and my eyes were checked, and tests carried out. It seems that I actually have TWO cataracts, although the one in my left eye is not as bad as the one in my right eye.

After a discussion with one of the doctors in the eye clinic, I've decided to have both eyes done, which should mean I should be less short- sighted. I was given some literature detailing what the operation involves, any risks, etc.

One unexpected result of my appointment was that I was able to ride on one of the new electric double-decker buses operated by First Bus. I was impressed by their quietness, especially compared to the older, non-electric one I took from the city back to my home village.

As for the cataract operations, I will be contacted at a later date.
Good luck with that, I have many friends who have had them removed and all have been a success.

sissybaby34 said:
Good luck with that, I have many friends who have had them removed and all have been a success.
All the people I've spoken with who've had the operation have all been positive about it.

I had mine done last fall and could not believe what a difference it's made. I thought that my car headlights needed aiming as I was having problems seeing cars parked on the side of the road, turned out it was how much my vision had detereated. You will notice a big difference and the recovery is very fast. Best wishes.

Binky151 said:
I had mine done last fall and could not believe what a difference it's made. I thought that my car headlights needed aiming as I was having problems seeing cars parked on the side of the road, turned out it was how much my vision had detereated. You will notice a big difference and the recovery is very fast. Best wishes.
Thank you. Now that the preliminary survey has been done, it's just a matter of waiting to hear when the operation(s) will be done.

Reactions: Binky151
Sissyleslie said:
All the people I've spoken with who've had the operation have all been positive about it.
I had both of mine done and it has made a world of difference. A bit of advice, though. Don’t have them both done at the same time.

I had my assessment on Tuesday this week (7th May). I am having the first cataract operation next Thursday (16th May).Bit apprehensive. 🙁

Sissyleslie said:
I had my assessment on Tuesday this week (7th May). I am having the first cataract operation next Thursday (16th May).Bit apprehensive. 🙁
Good luck on the 16th!

Thank you! - I really appreciate your kind words.

Sissyleslie said:
Thank you! - I really appreciate your kind words.
That's okay. I really do hope it all goes to plan for you.

Back