confusedboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
How can I keep cool and diapered in the heat and not lose absorbency? I have found a great diaper that works really well for me but l feel so sweaty in the summer. I know that the Abena L4 is a plastic backed diaper which adds to it but how do I keep dry without spending much more and stay at the same absorbency level?

More powder & more frequent changes
is what I do with my Abena L4 & warm summer weather
Shower frequently & use zinc oxide creams if rashes develop from heat

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed
Summer really doesn't seem to affect me or cause any issues though this may be due to the fact that i LIVE for the hot weather! I'm disabled, U-IC and have to wear 24/7. The only thing I know is different in my case is that due to sweat, I'll have to change more frequently as the diaper will begin t fall apart internally. It would wind up clumped IF it became at or above 50% capacity. I've been wearing the Megamax the past few years and before that the Betterdry.

Air conditioning. I only want to be wet inside my diaper not all over. 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Celebrate
Reactions: confusedboy and BBBen
Keep cool and keep dry. Well, maybe not inside your diaper, but make sure your environment isn't humid.

LittleAndAlone said:
Air conditioning. I only want to be wet inside my diaper not all over. 🤭
We have air conditioning in Scotland too - it's called the wind and the rain

• Haha
  • Celebrate
Reactions: dogboy, Weelilcorgibun, CptKirk and 2 others
Bazarama said:
We have air conditioning in Scotland too - it's called the wind and the rain
In Arizona we call that a sauna. 🥵

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyPandy
confusedboy said:
How can I keep cool and diapered in the heat and not lose absorbency? I have found a great diaper that works really well for me but l feel so sweaty in the summer. I know that the Abena L4 is a plastic backed diaper which adds to it but how do I keep dry without spending much more and stay at the same absorbency level?
Try Tykables animooz diaper they are better diaper all round diaper they hold up to 12hr use diaper till the same as I put them on when I start the day

SparkyDog said:
More powder & more frequent changes
is what I do with my Abena L4 & warm summer weather
Shower frequently & use zinc oxide creams if rashes develop from heat
I agree with Sparkydog's method!, it is very good.

What about wearing in public during summer? Usually I use onesie when I go outside for several reasons, one of them being hiding any accidental views on my diaper... but when I go with shorts and only onesie its quite odd looking, as usually tshirt is not inside the shorts, right? How do you guys handle it? Do you skip onesie then and only go with usual tshirt?

Reactions: Dry247
I manage a restaurant kitchen and wear pull ups at work. In the summer it gets ungodly hot and I usually wear pants made of thin material that are light colored. Otherwise that padding around my junk gets mighty warm.

RemarkableMouse said:
What about wearing in public during summer? Usually I use onesie when I go outside for several reasons, one of them being hiding any accidental views on my diaper... but when I go with shorts and only onesie its quite odd looking, as usually tshirt is not inside the shorts, right? How do you guys handle it? Do you skip onesie then and only go with usual tshirt?
I still Wear onesie with longer tshirt

if you want to try cloth backed, try seni quatro. I find these quite amazing and the heavier material doesn't sag like other cloth backed diapers.

Back