Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 5 guest views remaining

I think my mountain off nappies stacked against the wall has caused Mould to grow behind them.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've never had mould in my bedroom before. I moved my mountain of nappies to get my Tykables out the box below and noticed mild mould behind. Does the plastic sweat for them to cause this. The mould was easy to wipe off. Do I now need to keep the nappies back from the wall to stop this so they can breath. I have no other room to put them as all my space is fulled with packets of nappies in my room. The box what was against the wall didnt get mouldy befind it. Only the plastic.

• Wow
Reactions: BBBen and PadPhilosopher
That's very odd. The question becomes where the moisture originated. It wasn't the nappies..... I wonder if you have a small leak allowing rainwater in small amounts into the wall, which is able to evaporate unnoticed, except where your nappies created a moisture barrier. I would investigate that angle. I see no other reason why the simple act of having nappies stacked against a wall should cause mould.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wheatland, BBBen and CptKirk
I suppose if the wall is very poorly insulated it could be condensation during cold weather which runs down the surface and is trapped by the nappies. You would likely see it if there was enough to do that, but maybe not.

Try to keep them away from the wall so there is an air gap. just 1inch is enough. try to ventilate the room. open a window and let some fresh air in.

Reactions: OnePiece and PadPhilosopher
It wall is an outside wall. On the other side is the front of the house. Might have to get the group home staff see it if it comes back. I litterely have 80 + packets packets of nappies in my room though so they'll defiantly think I'm a hoarder.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Can you move them to an inside wall? Rearrange furniture? An inside wall will be drier.

Reactions: bobbilly
If you can afford to buy a dehumidifier I’d highly recommend one.

Reactions: boredofwheelchair and PadPhilosopher
As others have said, a dehumidifier might help.

It's good to expose the wall to sunlight if possible. A regular healthy dose of sunlight in any room helps kill mold and bacteria.

Last edited:
Sounds like they've built up a moisture barrier. It's basically a giant insulator against letting the walls breathe. As others have said, a dehumidifier and moving them even a couple of inches from the wall might help. Mold is no fun to deal with, I've been suffering from its effect due to a heavy exposure years ago and breathing has never been the same for me.

Back