Any other doll lovers?

Prillprillprill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
When I was a child I had this really nice European style dolls house and would spend hours looking through the catalogues for furniture. I even made a garden for the house and put real light fittings in. I had some really cool unique/ rare items, one of my favourite was a 1:16 scale hard cover bible

I also collected bisque dolls. I still really love Bisque dolls but sadly purged them. The last few years I've found myself being drawn to dolls again but I couldn't commit to buying a doll house and don't have the space for it, and I feel sad when I think of getting another bisque doll because I had such an emotional connection to my childhood dolls getting another would just make me miss them too much and wouldn't feel the Same as Sophie and Alice (my 2 favourite).

But then I found Blythe dolls. They're like Japanese- American dolls with eyes that you can like change .... Idk how to explain it if you don't know what they are. But they're really cool dolls and I love them. But they're so expensive and the ones I like are especially expensive. I've been looking at Blythe and following groups etc for a while and I decided to get one for a graduation gift to myself.

I'm undecided on whether to get a custom ooak or a stock doll. There are a few artists I like but then I think if I'm going have the doll altered anyway maybe I should get a custom fake as these are much cheaper. I'm pro fakes as long as they're clearly marked as such. But then I also kinda wanna get an unaltered stock doll, because there's something kind of nice about that. Idk.

Anyway it's so nice to be excited about getting a doll again and kind of makes me feel little at the same time as just being appreciative of a craft. But I definitely want dolls to play with (carefully ofc) and for emotional reasons NOT as investments.

Anyone else into Blythe dolls or any other types of doll? Do you consider yourself a collector? Do you play with your dolls? Do you buy/ make clothes for your dolls? What appeals to you dolls?

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and ShyBoo81
I suppose what I've collected are "dolls" - ceramic "Lucky Cat" banks, papier-mache darumas, ceramic or clay bells & windchimes; and a few Usaburo Kokeshi (traditional wooden dolls). Restaurant decorations, mostly. 😇

Reactions: Prillprillprill
I have several 12" G. I. JOE "Boy" Dolls.
But, calling G. I. JOE a "doll" is politically incorrect.
It is an "Action Figure" pumped-up with "Man Power".
One of my G. I. Joe action figures is the World War II 3-Star General, "George S. Patton", "Mister Blood and Guts".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, ShyBoo81 and Prillprillprill
I have a soft spot for this style of dolls. They look almost like anime figures, but with hair and clothes you can fully style/customize. I dont collect dolls, but I do like admiring them Pinterest once in a while
6861119c2c71f6fe4c4c10334d483b4d.jpgScreenshot 2024-05-11 162455.jpg

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and Prillprillprill
I love how much variety there is in dolls. Everyone likes something different. All above examples of how varied the doll scene is.

Well okay some may not technically be dolls but still.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and ShyBoo81
I have a small collection of American Girl Dolls, several baby dolls, and last year purchased a cloth doll from Clementine Collective. A few barbies and princess dolls round out my collection.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and Prillprillprill
Back