Plastic pants.

scottishnappyloverboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How do you size the best fit, plastic pants? Some seem overly bulky.

There is a need to define what thickness of diaper you will be wearing under the plastic pants and what type!
I wear two very different types of diaper and as a result I have to upsize when I am wearing either daytime or night-time weight pre-folded, cloth diapers and one size down when I am wearing a NorthShore MEGAMAX diaper.

My go to diaper cover (plastic pants) would be NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Cover.

Clearly, one needs to be wearing the diaper they will be wearing with the Plastic Pants as that will define your waist size. The next is what you like as part as appearance as some like their plastic pants larger while others want a tighter look! FYI: the tighter the fit the greater the likelihood of leaks.

Reactions: Freddie07601, Constantlydamp, Zeke and 1 other person
Be aware that when upsizing plastic pants, you could wind up with leg openings that are too large. A lot depends upon the brand of pp involved.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I have 6 pair of MYPROTEX juvenile print plastic pants.
2XL Size.

Reactions: Edgewater
caitianx said:
I have 6 pair of MYPROTEX juvenile print plastic pants.
2XL Size.
The ones with ducks with balloons in their beaks and giraffes with pink roses in their mouths and skiing penguins and lion cubs with balloons and cotton candy eating elephants and tigers with beach balls and pink bunnies delivering the mail in a wheelbarrow and long dogs carrying baskets of flowers in their mouths and 2 blue mice in a shoe and a tiger with a ribbon caught by the tail and baby chicks jumping rope and white kittens in a blue teacup and pink and blue polka dots? You mean THE single most ABDL thing ever?? (sorry for the rant but I'm madly in love with mine.) I just got 2 pairs after a 10+ year hiatus because my head said " too juvenile" yet I've always loved them because of the nostalgia, and they feel incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
In sizing "plastic" pants, the size usually will be the same size as your diapers. Be aware that some plastic pants are intended for use with close diapers and are much larger.

--John

Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater
scottishnappyloverboy said:
How do you size the best fit, plastic pants? Some seem overly bulky.
Plastic pants are made to go over cloth diapers, which need to be somewhat thick to be absorbent. So, yes, they are usually roomy, some more than others.

Fit will be your carefully measured waist, hips and legs vs the size chart. Ideally, you want your measurements to fall in the middle of the size chart range. If you are closer to the top of the range, you probably want to size up. The elastic in plastic pants should be snug, but not tight.

Lastly, never buy more than one at a time until you’ve found the right pant for you. I can’t emphasize this enough, as I’ve lost count of how many diapers and pants I’ve bought over the years that just didn’t work for me. It’s mostly trial and error because everyone’s body is a little different.

Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
I’ve got several pair of PEVA pants that I bought on eBay that were only available in what they called small/medium that I use when I wear disposable diapers. They barely fit over my disposables and hold them in place quite snugly. The vast majority of my plastic pants are for use over cloth diapers and are far roomier than those I purchased from eBay and serve a different purpose.

Am 44 inch waist and I wear XL ones

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I just got these BKPremiumCare Incontinence Protector Washable Liquid-Proof Patient Care Panty Adult Briefs Flexible and Comfortable Use Definite Solution https://a.co/d/gzg8D1T and they are great , has a cloth like back so if your diaper does leak it will absorb into that. And they are comfortable

Trial and error are the final fitting hacks for success. Some brands fit the size charts, but have additional "seat" room or "tummy" roll. Thickness of the vinyl seems to influence the fit. What seemed "awfully big", when taken from the package, may end up fitting just right.

Waist size doesn't seem to be as critical as hip and leg size. And remember that you are fitting the plastic pant over the diaper, which is fairly bulky when first put on.

Back