Soaking the bed

joshdiaper202

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So this is the second time in two weeks I’ve soaked the bed to the point that even under pads are soaking through My sheets and i even triple layer Do you want me suggestions how to fix this because I’m tired of it I’m only 24 years old

A higher capacity diaper + good quality bed pads specifically for incontinence + a waterproof 'bed condom'

I do not know your medical history, and I am not a doctor unfortunately :(

Reactions: Jim100
Are you drinking fluid befor bed time, what brand of diaper do you use, do you go to bed dry

yeah, definitly drink a bit less before bedtime. spread liquids more over the entire day.
And as mentioned a thick high quality diaper.
Also consider using plastic pants if you can, they're good at stopping leaks and if they leak it's a lot less for the absorbant bed pad to take in.

Reactions: Jim100, abdl86 and jspoter
I don't know what you're wearing to bed, but everyone's body is a different shape and some diapers will fit you better than others. For instance, some people swear by BetterDry diapers, but they'll leak for me overnight. MegaMax diapers fit me perfectly, but not as much others. Try some more absorbent options, drink less water right before bed, and mention it to your doctor.

Reactions: Jim100 and jspoter
It's tough to beat cloth diapers and plastic pants for nighttime leak resistance. Since there's material on the sides as well as front and back, they're better if you're restless or a side sleeper like me.

Reactions: Jim100, Deleted member 47221, littlemoosey and 1 other person
MaxxH said:
It's tough to beat cloth diapers and plastic pants for nighttime leak resistance. Since there's material on the sides as well as front and back, they're better if you're restless or a side sleeper like me.
I agree, I rarely get leaks with cloth, this morning I had a disposable on and now the bedding is in the laundry 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Jim100 and chuck
To be honest, I'm slightly confused. How exactly have you been managing your bedwetting?

ThatHiddenDL said:
To be honest, I'm slightly confused. How exactly have you been managing your bedwetting?
What are you confused about

joshdiaper202 said:
even under pads are soaking through My sheets and i even triple layer
Do you mean like under pads under your sheets? What do you mean by triple layer? Just asking for clarity. I've dealt with bedwetting for a long time--I'm just trying to understand exactly what you've been doing to manage it.

joshdiaper202 said:
What are you confused about
I think they are confused about what you are using. Underpads sound like PADS and dose not sound like you are using a Diaper or pull-ups.

I know a little something about this! (see username lol)

You just need to step up your protection. Switch to more absorbent diapers and/or include a pad in your system.

I used to leak much more often but I haven't in a long time. I wear Abriforms with a booster pad at night.

Use a good quality nappy, with a booster pad if you are a heavy wetter, consider using plastic pants and get a washable under pad, lay it on top of the sheet, most have a capacity of at least 2000 ml.

If you're incontinent or a bedwetter then pads alone will never be enough. You seriously need to start using actual tape diapers. Stick with the thicker or more premium grade of diapers and you shouldn't get very many leaks, if ever.

Reactions: Deleted member 48042
Hi John

Unfortunately incontinence issues can happen at any age and Slomo is correct its time to get some premium tapped diapers to keep your bed dry. Also you should make a DR appointment and explain whats happening as IC issues are caused by other health issues and you need to at least rule out anything life threatening.

none of us are doctors and can only make recommendations based on our own experiences

Last edited:
Reactions: jspoter and PCBaby
Back