• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

trying to fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftout13

Contributor
Hi, I'm new here and this is my very first post to any ABDL site..... I am 41, married and have Cerebral Palsy, which requiems to use a power wheelchair full time. I guess I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to say. I have come to the point where I am totally ok with the child inside of me, but I don't feel like I fit in, either in my marriage or even in the parts of the ABDL community that I've seen so far. I am a computer programmer with 2 college degrees, employed full time for over 15 years....for someone with a disability I should feel great about my life, but no one seems to truly understand the AB side of me. I am fully dependent on my wife for all of my personal care needs including dressing, bathing etc, and yet, she wants nothing to do with my AB side, which does lean heavily towards the sexual end of the spectrum. So that said, there are several reasons I don't feel like I really fit anywhere.

1. It feels like every AB form, reddit, or web site I come across is little more than people showing of their diapers and or talking about pee and poop. I'm not judging them, if it works for them great, but it's not me. I don't really want to see your diaper, or know how much you filled it with. For me, AB is a very private emotionally based thing, almost intellectual in some ways, for me it's all about the adult-"child" emotional interaction. The same goes for playing with toys or watching kids TV shows....really not my thing.

That brings me to the second reason I feel sort of left out. I see lots of people in this community saying "my wife loves and supports this part of me, but she doesn't participate". Again, not judging others, but am I just a jerk because this seems so wrong to me? For me, my AB side is the deepest part of my emotional/sexual self, so how can I just say that it's ok that my wife wants nothing to do with this? Obviously I can't force her, and I don't want to, but every time I see a post like that it just makes me feel even more alone and isolated. I just wonder, are there others like me out there, or am I just not really typical even for this community?

• Love
Reactions: Luminaire, cprdr, ade and 2 others
You're just fine. I'm a 40-year vet in big Pampers; I have autism and am Adult Baby girl (bio male)...clothes, bottles, binkies, high-chair...and, of course, diapers. You're in the best place to decompress from your lonely voyage...you're okay. Stay with us, feel free to mix in! 🤗🥰🥳

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64, littlemoosey, PlastiBrain and 1 other person
You bring up some interesting points Leftout13. You seem to be frustrated about these things, that’s not unnatural. Things are difficult enough, and sometimes they seem compounded, like wet sandbag’s on top. Not sure, what advice I can give, that might help you, or make you feel better, at the very least. I can’t really know you, your wife, or your situation. Maybe, you can talk with your wife more about how you feel, on a deep level? Maybe she feels like, she already has to do a lot of personal care for you, and having to do anymore, is where it ends? It also, might take lots of time, for more to evolve. I don’t believe, we ever stop growing (or shouldn’t) in a marriage. It’s quite possible, your wife may someday, warm up more to the idea? Try and hang in, with what and where you’re at now. Not to say, that’s easy, but if you have hope, for a better future, then that’s something. It seems like I have been doing that myself, for a very very long time. I hope things, can turn for the better for both of us?

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, Saltedcaramel64, littlemoosey and 1 other person
I think everyone is different, not one AB is the same. Some like bottlers/pacifiers, some don’t. Some like playing with toys/cartoons, some don’t, some like crotch shots, some don’t, some link the diaper to sexuality, some don’t - it’s purely comfort/being safe again.

i take what is relevant to my situation and leave the rest.

cant help with the wife thing …. I never have had a serious relationship. plus diapers are the farthest thing from sexual for me so it wouldn’t matter anymore, as long as it’s not ewwww that’s disgusting I can’t handle it in the house reaction … I would be ok playing by myself.

Reactions: PlastiBrain, BobbiSueEllen and babyboyd
leftout13 said:
Hi, I'm new here and this is my very first post to any ABDL site..... I am 41, married and have Cerebral Palsy, which requiems to use a power wheelchair full time. I guess I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to say. I have come to the point where I am totally ok with the child inside of me, but I don't feel like I fit in, either in my marriage or even in the parts of the ABDL community that I've seen so far. I am a computer programmer with 2 college degrees, employed full time for over 15 years....for someone with a disability I should feel great about my life, but no one seems to truly understand the AB side of me. I am fully dependent on my wife for all of my personal care needs including dressing, bathing etc, and yet, she wants nothing to do with my AB side, which does lean heavily towards the sexual end of the spectrum. So that said, there are several reasons I don't feel like I really fit anywhere.

1. It feels like every AB form, reddit, or web site I come across is little more than people showing of their diapers and or talking about pee and poop. I'm not judging them, if it works for them great, but it's not me. I don't really want to see your diaper, or know how much you filled it with. For me, AB is a very private emotionally based thing, almost intellectual in some ways, for me it's all about the adult-"child" emotional interaction. The same goes for playing with toys or watching kids TV shows....really not my thing.

That brings me to the second reason I feel sort of left out. I see lots of people in this community saying "my wife loves and supports this part of me, but she doesn't participate". Again, not judging others, but am I just a jerk because this seems so wrong to me? For me, my AB side is the deepest part of my emotional/sexual self, so how can I just say that it's ok that my wife wants nothing to do with this? Obviously I can't force her, and I don't want to, but every time I see a post like that it just makes me feel even more alone and isolated. I just wonder, are there others like me out there, or am I just not really typical even for this community?
I dont think that you are being selfish. Can you give us a little more context to the story? That is, how long have you known about your AB side? How long ago did you tell your wife about this? How did you tell her? Things like that would be helpful to us and give us a better optic to understand your situation.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and BobbiSueEllen
leftout13 said:

I understand your feelings.
I myself have Cerebral Palsy plus Autism.
I am quite a bit older than you.
I am 63.
It took me a long time to sort out myself with my own feelings about being an Adult Baby.

I have Cerebral Palsy, too and I'm ABDL for about 45 years. I like to wears diapers but I put them on myself due to my CP. Im a data clark at my job for 32 years.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Greetings fellow programmer. You sound a lot like me. Diaper shots and wet/mess talk really don't interest me. My wife doesn't like this side of me. I love her very much. However, her attitude towards this intimate part of my life causes me to resent her as well. I think having to deal with these types of things makes a person a whole lot more open-minded when it comes to the needs of others. If she had fetishes, kinks, or other non-conforming desires, I like to think I'd wholeheartedly embrace them without judgement.

All I can do is try to satisfy my own needs as best as I'm able while trying to meet everyone else's expectations.

Anyway, I'm new here too but I can give a wave and a friendly hello.

~Lumi

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and BobbiSueEllen
leftout13 said:

Showing off padding and talking a lot about excretia? Yeah that's everything Adisc is not (!!!!!!!!!!!!) (...) so you in luck there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
WE
PP (and more)

Reactions: Luminaire
Welcome to ADISC leftout13.
Some people seem to be born into a situation where they seem to fit in easily. You have a much harder road to go down in life than most. I wish you all the best.

As for me, (I will let you know if I ever fully fit in), I am a male in my mid 60s living in Newcastle NSW Australia.
Some of my interests are: science, space exploration, astronomy, history, archeology, volcanism, geology and geography.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back