Huggies Size 8

Just got the update that mine are arriving Sunday!

Reactions: deepdriftAD, PadPhilosopher and I12BLittle89
N0bu said:
Has Rascal+Friends recently expanded their size 7? I recall giving them a go initially, and they were identical in size to a 6. Huggies did update the size 7 diapers in the past year to improve their fit, making them wider. While the size 8 might be similar to the early 2000s versions, the current size 7 already offers a wider fit comparable to those. If Huggies were to make the size 8 taller like their 2011-2012 versions of their size 6's and even wider than the old size 6 diapers from the 2000s, that would be a game changer.
The ones I have are dated 6/2/23. The measurements are the same for the length and the width in the front. Initial thoughts were that they were longer but after getting them stretched flat properly I see they are the same. The width in the back is 1/2 inch wider. Spacing between the leg elastics and leak guards increased by 1/8 inch as well as the width of the padding. Nothing to write home about but the only brand that has actually made the padding and spacing between leg elastics wider. I can't speak to Huggies 7 but I can say the size 4 and 6 are exactly the same width across the middle. Unfortunately I can say the same for R+F. You would think there would be at least 3/4 of an inch difference in width between the 4 and 6 but nope. Makes me wonder how well these bigger sized diapers actually perform on the bigger kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nobu and PadPhilosopher
I'm thinking about giving R+F another shot. All I needed is for them to be a little wider, and then they'll fit me perfectly. I wear huggies all the time, but sometimes when I wet them too much, the liquid ends up leaking through the diaper padding.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
So I got my box of 34 Little Movers size 8s today.

Not in a position to post pictures, but by way of a nonscientific side by side stretch test, they seem mostly similar to the size 7s save for an extra half inch (1.3 cm) or so of rise through the crotch. I reckon that should give folks who can already wear the size 7s a little extra breathing room downstairs. I am very interested to see actual dimension comparisons when I have time (or if someone beats me to it).

As kind of expected, these aren't a crazy jump forward in size, but it sure is fun to see a big 8 number on a Huggies. And the updated Lion King print is cute.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, PadPhilosopher, Littlebabybecca and 5 others
ArgentBuffalo said:
So I got my box of 34 Little Movers size 8s today.

Not in a position to post pictures, but by way of a nonscientific side by side stretch test, they seem mostly similar to the size 7s save for an extra half inch (1.3 cm) or so of rise through the crotch. I reckon that should give folks who can already wear the size 7s a little extra breathing room downstairs. I am very interested to see actual dimension comparisons when I have time (or if someone beats me to it).

As kind of expected, these aren't a crazy jump forward in size, but it sure is fun to see a big 8 number on a Huggies. And the updated Lion King print is cute.
Will certainly be interested to see everyone’s thoughts coming from the uk!

I wearing my 2nd Huggies size 8. They fit me pretty decent. Tabs reach much better than size 7. when the 5t-6t night time pull ups come out I will try them

Reactions: LittleCollector96, deepdriftAD and PadPhilosopher
babyjoe698 said:
I wearing my 2nd Huggies size 8. They fit me pretty decent. Tabs reach much better than size 7. when the 5t-6t night time pull ups come out I will try them
I just got the size 8s, and the 5t-6t nighttime pull ups. Will do a size comparison if I get a chance. The pull ups released at the same time when the size 8s came out.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and espectro
Size Comparison:
Left - Huggies Size 8
Middle- Huggies Pull-Ups Nighttime 5T-6T
Right - Goodnites S/M

Attachments

• IMG_8230.jpeg
    IMG_8230.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Love
Reactions: Littlebabybecca, Bigrig, hanzertas and 5 others
I like the 5t-6t pull ups the best. the night time version holds more from what Huggies said

• Thinking
Reactions: Bigrig and PadPhilosopher
apparently the size 8 snug and drys have been delayed until June, but there is new packaging. I wonder if we’re going to get new designs

Attachments

• IMG_8236.jpeg
    IMG_8236.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: hanzertas, pedro, LittleCollector96 and 3 others
deepdriftAD said:
Size Comparison:
Left - Huggies Size 8
Middle- Huggies Pull-Ups Nighttime 5T-6T
Right - Goodnites S/M
Since I fit the Pull-Ups and Goodnites, do you think I can fit the Huggies?

GoodnitesAreGoat said:
Since I fit the Pull-Ups and Goodnites, do you think I can fit the Huggies?
If you fit the 4t-5t pullups i say you should be good.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, deepdriftAD, espectro and 1 other person
martin6479 said:
If you fit the 4t-5t pullups i say you should be good.
Thank you!

Reactions: Dalmatian and PadPhilosopher
These are now showing on Walmart.com.

Reactions: deepdriftAD and PadPhilosopher
Back