Huggies Size 8

Woohoo!! I have yet to try the size 8 swaddlers or huggies but lemme know which one is larger!
I fit in goodnites xl, think I can fit in a huggies size 8 when they hit the store shelves?

yellowcrayons said:
Woohoo!! I have yet to try the size 8 swaddlers or huggies but lemme know which one is larger!
I fit in goodnites xl, think I can fit in a huggies size 8 when they hit the store shelves?
Size 8s are comparable to Small Goodnites and even then thats a bit bigger than the 8s. From experience the 8s fall closer in line to the biggest sized Huggies Pull-Ups aka 5T-6T which themselves are the lower range of Small Goodnites. They're better as stuffers unless you want to try the diaper extenders for baby diapers. At that question its more how much of the diaper covers the front and back.

Reactions: yellowcrayons
Noodle said:
Size 8s are comparable to Small Goodnites and even then thats a bit bigger than the 8s. From experience the 8s fall closer in line to the biggest sized Huggies Pull-Ups aka 5T-6T which themselves are the lower range of Small Goodnites. They're better as stuffers unless you want to try the diaper extenders for baby diapers. At that question its more how much of the diaper covers the front and back.
awe darn then there's no way it'll fit me!! i dont think i can wear a size small goodnite. thanks for the info though! i think theyre better as stuffers then.

yellowcrayons said:
awe darn then there's no way it'll fit me!! i dont think i can wear a size small goodnite. thanks for the info though! i think theyre better as stuffers then.
Yep sadly as much as the dream of Size 8s fitting when you fit Goodnites is nice it's not really the best. As I said you could try diaper extenders which do exist and can easily be made if you really want to wear it with some usability absorbency wise but in the long run i argue you're better off looking for something like Goo.N Super Bigs from Japan and importing those.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and yellowcrayons
I took a moment to study their scAmazon page for size 8, and noted several things I found amusing. I noted that their model didn't fit the diaper at all; it was preposterously enormous on him, and would have leaked like a sieve. I assume that they used whoever's kid was available just to get a few pictures of the actual product "in use," without having to argue with an older one, who fit it correctly, objecting to having his picture taken in just a diaper.

I also noted that their marketing department came up with the mathematically absurd thought "up to zero." In finance, perhaps, that might make sense, but how do you have a negative number of events? 😆 "As low as zero" or "Down to zero" would make sense, but marketing never thinks of such things. Marketing will never cease to be unintentionally funny to people who analyze the things they say.

In all the photos I see size 4 or 6 on the diapers. The one that looks huge on the black baby is a size 6. The diaper comes clear up the back.

I12BLittle89 said:
In all the photos I see size 4 or 6 on the diapers. The one that looks huge on the black baby is a size 6. The diaper comes clear up the back.
I thought I saw 8 on at least one, but I didn't zoom in. Anyway, laughable fitment either way.

PadPhilosopher said:
I thought I saw 8 on at least one, but I didn't zoom in. Anyway, laughable fitment either way.
Even the kid they picked to be the model on the packaging itself looks way too small. Compared to the girl on the size 7 packaging, he’s tiny.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
Dormboyy said:
I bought pampers size 8 and they look and feel great on me.Love the elefhant designs
Nice fit looks like they're hanging by a thread LO.L Nice little package looks wet

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
I took a moment to study their scAmazon page for size 8, and noted several things I found amusing. I noted that their model didn't fit the diaper at all; it was preposterously enormous on him, and would have leaked like a sieve. I assume that they used whoever's kid was available just to get a few pictures of the actual product "in use," without having to argue with an older one, who fit it correctly, objecting to having his picture taken in just a diaper.

I also noted that their marketing department came up with the mathematically absurd thought "up to zero." In finance, perhaps, that might make sense, but how do you have a negative number of events? 😆 "As low as zero" or "Down to zero" would make sense, but marketing never thinks of such things. Marketing will never cease to be unintentionally funny to people who analyze the things they say.
The "up to 100% leak free" or "up to zero leaks" thing has been a thing for a while. Both Kimberly-Clark (Huggies, Pull-Ups, GoodNites, Poise, Depend, and I think Kotex) and Procter and Gamble (Pampers, Luvs, Always) have both latched onto that phrasing (neither of them seem to have trademarked it, and whoever used it first, I think P&G, is probably regretting that) as a way to try and get way with claiming their products to be totally leak free. They're both using it for baby, toddler, youth, and adult products. It's a universal marketing phrase.

Gloss past the "up to" part fast enough, and surround it with enough distractions, and people might not realize the significance of the "up to" part, and how it completely negates any and all meaning of the statement. It's scummy marketing, but...it's probably working quite well. A universal statement like that, that lets you make outlandish claims, especially about a feature/function that people care so much about, while being legally protected, is something of a holy grail in marketing.

• Haha
Reactions: jcwilliams343 and PadPhilosopher
DelC said:
The "up to 100% leak free" or "up to zero leaks" thing has been a thing for a while. Both Kimberly-Clark (Huggies, Pull-Ups, GoodNites, Poise, Depend, and I think Kotex) and Procter and Gamble (Pampers, Luvs, Always) have both latched onto that phrasing (neither of them seem to have trademarked it, and whoever used it first, I think P&G, is probably regretting that) as a way to try and get way with claiming their products to be totally leak free. They're both using it for baby, toddler, youth, and adult products. It's a universal marketing phrase.

Gloss past the "up to" part fast enough, and surround it with enough distractions, and people might not realize the significance of the "up to" part, and how it completely negates any and all meaning of the statement. It's scummy marketing, but...it's probably working quite well. A universal statement like that, that lets you make outlandish claims, especially about a feature/function that people care so much about, while being legally protected, is something of a holy grail in marketing.
hqdefault.jpg

I looked at Amazon, and they are now listed as a high-demand product. Their inventory sold out, and they are trying to get more of them. This makes me wonder if EBay resellers have already bought them all up. It's too bad for the parents and those who could use them.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Lostdiapersboy
Honeywell6180 said:
I looked at Amazon, and they are now listed as a high-demand product. Their inventory sold out, and they are trying to get more of them. This makes me wonder if EBay resellers have already bought them all up. It's too bad for the parents and those who could use them.
The 62 count boxes are still in stock FWIW. Not surprised they sold out though. Size 8 Snug and Dry sold out too.

Last edited:
  • Wow
PaddedRebel said:
The 62 count boxes are still in stock FWIW. Not surprised they sold out though. Size 8 Snug and Dry sold out too.
I'm glad that I made the decision to order them ahead of time.

N0bu said:
I'm glad that I made the decision to order them ahead of time.
I’m waiting to see if stores physically stock them. Might grab a box then. I did snag a box of the new 5T-6T Night Time Pull Ups though.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, DanElmontan and Nobu
PaddedRebel said:
I’m waiting to see if stores physically stock them. Might grab a box then. I did snag a box of the new 5T-6T Night Time Pull Ups though.
Me too. No point in buying them if other people with similar dimensions to me say that they don’t come close to fitting.

Reactions: DLScottsman and PadPhilosopher
Just found out that my pre-order isn't going to arrive until next week. They have been saying 5/3 since I placed the order, just checked the status and it says next Tuesday. Anyone else getting their delivery date bumped? Or maybe I should say is anyone not getting bumped?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Nobu
SparkyDog said:
Just marketing
basically same size and less per package
At least they increased the weight capacity. Instead 35+ lbs

Pampers4Ever said:
At least they increased the weight capacity. Instead 35+ lbs
yea but you will find the diapers are basically the same size as & fit the same weight people as previous biggest size
it's been this way for some time now
it's just a numbers game

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Pampers4Ever
Joediaper said:
My thought process on this is adding in the fit of 1-6 on the size people they are designed for. They are supposed to fit snug around the waist but there is a gap through the middle. Sometimes considerable when they are in between sizes and need to size up. This gap of air space is a part of why these diapers perform so well.

The size 9 may "fit" an adult XS but you can also squeeze an average sized 4 yr old in a size 5 diaper. For proper fit a 4 yr old would need a size 6. An XS adult would need a size 10. I took an image and made an outline for reference.

View attachment 133778This was a toddler somewhere between two and three.

The black line represents the silhouette of the body, blue is the diaper and red is the elastics. The elastics play an important roll in the creation of the air gap represented in... umm... we'll just call it cyan. They add to the bunching and folding of the padding that pushes it away form the skin. This is a bit exaggerated of course likely because this diaper was a bit on the big side for this particular wearer but leads to the next part.

This modification I did of a BetterDry is borne from a size medium. The wings are still the same width as they were when it came out of the package.
s9-jpg.72028
s10-jpg.72029

As you can see I'm pushing the limits of the diaper for a proper fit and my waist is only 32 inches (81cm) and my hips are 36 (91cm). Being an actual size medium adult this diaper should be just a bit bigger than it is. I would put this one between a small and medium leaning more towards small.

Based on size charts for kids, current diaper sizes for babies and toddlers, adult size charts and proper fit as described above I see a size chart looking something like this:
1 to 6 M6 to 12 M12 to 24 M2T - 3T3T - 4T4T - 5T (4/5 XS)6 - 6X (S)7-8 (M)10 - 12 (L)14 - 16 (XL)
Adult XS

SMLXLXXLXXXL
What brand are they?

Back