Ordering IC nappies to be delivered to your hotel abroad?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before you arrive there? My continence is shot from wearing 24/7. I was on vacation in Turkey last week with my support staff from my group home. (I have mental disabilities thats why I live in a group home) and I was constantly having to find a toilet there. The support staff know I have continence issues and wear nappies, I only took my night nappies to Turkey as I'm wet every night and the cleaning staff took them away every time they cleaned my room, I bagged them in nappy bags. I don't think I'll have much continence left if I visit Turkey next year which I would love to do. I'm sure the hotel reception staff will be fine with me having a delivery there before I arrive? How to get over the embarrassment?

I'm pretty much have a very small bladder capacity. With a lot of post void dribble. Have you had cases shipped to a hotel beforehand and what was the outcome?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I just returned from a week in the UK. I had a pack sent to my hotel ahead of time, in my name. They were waiting for me when I checked in, and I used them for the week. They were shipped discretely.

Reactions: Davvyboy
Two years ago I was trying to plan an Alaskan cruise and was wondering how to handle my needing diapers for my IC. I finally talked to the travel agent and she gave me a number at the cruise line to call to discuss this. I guess it's very common for people to arrange to have the type of supplies they normally use sent to a specific address and then they will be ready to board with the rest of your luggage.
Back issues prevented me from planning any further, but I'm hoping to be able to still go on an Alaskan cruise, and do other travel once my body is comfortable siting for more than two hours on an airplane.

bobbilly said:
Before you arrive there? <...> I'm sure the hotel reception staff will be fine with me having a delivery there before I arrive? How to get over the embarrassment? <...> Have you had cases shipped to a hotel beforehand and what was the outcome?
This should be "no problem". I've had many supplies delivered to hotels when traveling. In fact, I just returned from a trip where I had a 3 week supply delivered to my first hotel stop. It was waiting for me and all went well. Each hotel has slightly different processes for receiving guest packages so call ahead and find out how they want it labeled (some hotels want your reservation number imbedded in your name; others don't want to see your reservation number; etc). Just call ahead and get direction from the receiver.

Yes, i've always shipped my stuff ahead of time for trips.

Wether for work or fun, unless i was flying myself, i always shipped everything ahead of time, and usually made sure it was there before even going.

Hotels are used to getting things for people coming in.

When i was working all the time, i had multiple packages of clothes that my assistant would ship ahead of time to my next location as sometimes i'd hit 2-3 countries over as many weeks without even coming back home. back then i had an office assistant and an assistant that came with me on-site, which more than paid for themself over the years for sure, they did a lot of things.

But, yeah the hotels would get the box of stuff or even 2 or 3 boxes of stuff, even sometimes 6 or 8 depending on time going to be there and how much stuff was shipped to the job site as well.

But they will hold the box and youll get it when you ge there.

Myself it had my clothes, diapers, pj's, usually special tools needed for the job and usually my contracts and notes for the job as well all in there. I just needed to get myself there, and later on a laptop or alike, so have a small carryon and no checked bags.

I'd be lost without the papers and the tools i need for the job, so sending them ahead of time and veifying them to be there saved a lot of issues over the years.

Big jobs were usually on private flights with all the guys, and many pallets of gear going to a location so, theni just flew with the gear and my clothes and diapers on board, but checking things on a commercial flight was not my first choice at all.

Back