Inquiry concerning Rod Cox Cloth Diapers

jbond007

Just a bedwetter dude in Diapers & Plastic Pants.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi, everyone. I was wondering whether anyone had done business with Rod Cox Cloth diapers - and how recently? Is this guy still in business? Can anyone talk about the quality of his products and his service? Thanks.

jbond007 said:
Hi, everyone. I was wondering whether anyone had done business with Rod Cox Cloth diapers - and how recently? Is this guy still in business? Can anyone talk about the quality of his products and his service? Thanks.
Rod Cox... Sorry, my middle school sense of humor is having a hard time letting go of that one...

Out of curiosity, which of their products are you interested in? There may be some better alternatives. Generally, I'd advise against flannel diapers. You really want a more open weave. Flannel is only used by diaper makers in North America, and only because it's dirt cheap, relatively speaking. A lot of the better diaper fabrics just aren't available here, or are a lot more expensive.

Reactions: dogboy and jbond007
Cottontail said:
Rod Cox... Sorry, my middle school sense of humor is having a hard time letting go of that one...

Out of curiosity, which of their products are you interested in? There may be some better alternatives. Generally, I'd advise against flannel diapers. You really want a more open weave. Flannel is only used by diaper makers in North America, and only because it's dirt cheap, relatively speaking. A lot of the better diaper fabrics just aren't available here, or are a lot more expensive.
Good advice. I'm sampling a pre-fold night diaper, cotton flannelette, and a pair of pink plastic panties. I've heard that bird's-eye is better; terry cloth is best, if you can get it. Terry seems to be more popular in the UK than here, though I have some terry cloth pull-on training panties that are really quite nice.

Reactions: Cottontail
jbond007 said:
Good advice. I'm sampling a pre-fold night diaper, cotton flannelette, and a pair of pink plastic panties. I've heard that bird's-eye is better; terry cloth is best, if you can get it. Terry seems to be more popular in the UK than here, though I have some terry cloth pull-on training panties that are really quite nice.
For prefolds, I'd strongly recommend Rearz or AdultClothDiaper.com. Both companies offer a solid range of plastic pants too, including in pink, although if you prefer the look of the Rod Cox ones, I can't think of a reason not to buy from them. (It's pretty weird that you have to mail in a physical order form though. Seriously old-school!)

Functionally, the Rearz and ACD prefolds are both excellent. ACD also offers custom-sized prefolds. My preference is for the Rearz diapers, and mainly because the texture reminds me a lot of the diapers I grew up with. Also, if you want to use alternative fasteners like Boingos or Snappis, the cotton twill fabric (Rearz) is what those fasteners were designed for. Modern baby prefolds are mostly twill-weave. If you go the gauze route, you'll want to stay with pins, or use a wrap (like the Rearz ones) and avoid fasteners altogether.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbond007
Cottontail said:
For prefolds, I'd strongly recommend Rearz or AdultClothDiaper.com. Both companies offer a solid range of plastic pants too, including in pink, although if you prefer the look of the Rod Cox ones, I can't think of a reason not to buy from them. (It's pretty weird that you have to mail in a physical order form though. Seriously old-school!)

Functionally, the Rearz and ACD prefolds are both excellent. ACD also offers custom-sized prefolds. My preference is for the Rearz diapers, and mainly because the texture reminds me a lot of the diapers I grew up with. Also, if you want to use alternative fasteners like Boingos or Snappis, the cotton twill fabric (Rearz) is what those fasteners were designed for. (Modern baby prefolds are mostly twill-weave.) If you go the gauze route, you'll want to stay with pins, or use a wrap (like the Rearz ones) and avoid fasteners altogether.

Rod Cox telephoned me this evening about my order. His is a home-based business and he's something of a jobber or middle-man, as he doesn't manufacture his own products. Rather, they're made in Canada; he orders in quantity and resells to the public. He's having trouble getting stock lately because the manufacturer can't find sufficient employees to work. Therefore my plastic panties will be delayed in delivery by at least two weeks. Rod Cox is a little older and rather old school. He probably wrote the html code for the pages himself and his proficiencies are a bit behind the times.

Cottontail said:

LMAO I didn't even notice that one til you mentioned it and now I'm giggling like a schoolboy.

Never heard of his diapers though, but he does have proper rubber sheeting and pants 😁😁😁 and some old school designs.

If the adult diapers are flannelette though I would probably avoid them or at least buy some decent booster pads as well, Flannelette is fine as a diaper material for infants (literally like birth to maybe 18 months) after that it kinda loses out on capability compared to other fabrics and for adult sized bladders is not really a good option. very soft and cozy though makes a nice outer for wraps or plastic pants.

Back