Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Itching when in public

DreamerBenenedicte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How do you manage to scratch and release when in public?
I often have a rash in my inner thighs. Near the legs cuffs of my pads or pull ups (leak guards). You know, where it's always wet because of pee (or sweat), rubs and irritates the inner thighs.
And yesterday at work it was itching like crazy ☹️ I couldn't reach discreetly this part and release the pain. I mean sometimes you can squirm and rub over your clothes. Works a bit for the lady parts when irritated. But in this specific area you really need to put your hand inside. Not very lady like in the office 😅
I was wet, so went to the bathroom, release and changed. But I didn't have any cream with me. So 2 minutes after sitting at my desk the pain/itchy feeling came back... It was a very long afternoon at work 🫥

How do manage in that case? As a girl, until the rash gets better, I will wear skirts. Easier to access inside discreetly. But still complicated in the office. And less efficient as a jean to keep the smells in 🙄
Also today I brought rash cream with me.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Dry247, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
You have provided yet another great reason to have a well supplied diaper bag with you at all times. I use either a back pack or computer bag. I also have a larger roll-on bag in my SUV, which I keep a full change of clothing and all the supplies needed for a major clean-up.

Incontinence and Irritated skin is a reality, which is the foundation of itchy, painful affected areas. Keeping those areas clean and dry is ones first defense. Scheduling times each day when those areas can air dry really does help.

When one has an active irritation a quality diaper paste helps heal the irritation. As the irritation ends, using any number of diaper area skin protection creams help keep the irritations away. Baby Powder on those areas also helps in keeping them dry.

Switching to different pull-ups or pads can help as different manufacturers vary slightly in size and contact areas, which can help change where you are being effected. NOTE: At some point, you may need to consider upgrading your protection to assure you are drier longer.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BigAl2, Diprs2, LifeGoesOn223 and 3 others
I always try to find a restroom or private place and pretty much at all cost try to avoid attracting to much attention to my diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Sudocrem, is fantastic for diaper rash, it is made specifically for that, although it's also effective for hives, cuts, grazes etc. It is an antiseptic based barrier cream, and really works. It also smells nice, which is an added bonus! (y) 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2, Wetshisbed, GeorgeG and 6 others
A few months ago I got horrible itching between my legs too( as I wear 24/7 and use diaper covers) I noticed the skin had very small penny sized patches of white/ pink exposed skin.
I started doing a little research, I normally use Desitin cream, and found that I had a fungal infection. I used Miconazole cream for three days in the itch area and it got rid of it!!!!😯😀😀😀😀. I have kept a little tube handy eversince,
no more itches, relief finally.🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Jorelaxed said:
A few months ago I got horrible itching between my legs too( as I wear 24/7 and use diaper covers)
I started doing a little research, I normally use Desitin cream, and found that I had a fungal infection. I used Miconazole cream for three days in the itch area and it got rid of it!!!!😯😀😀😀😀. I have kept a little tube handy eversince,
no more itches, relief finally.🙂🙂🙂
Yes, it is possible to get a fungal infection from repeated exposure to urine. Especially when using diaper covers and plastic pants, cause it traps in heat and creates ideal situation. I only wear plastic pants at night, or occasionally for a road trip, to prevent leaks.

ILuvDiapers said:
Sudocrem, is fantastic for diaper rash, it is made specifically for that, although it's also effective for hives, cuts, grazes etc. It is an antiseptic based barrier cream, and really works. It also smells nice, which is an added bonus! (y) 😊
Do they sell Sudocream in the U.S.?????😀

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Jorelaxed said:
Do they sell Sudocream in the U.S.?????😀
You can buy it from Amazon.com, Walmart etc. I just typed can you buy Sudocrem in the USA, and you can, yep. (y) 😊

• Love
Nice! thanks,I really appreciate the info.😀

• Love
The itching was horrible, almost needle poking like sensation at times.
Not very pleasant at all.🙁

• Sad
Have you ever had one of those itches where you can begin to understand why your dog’s leg gets to thumping the floor when you scratch just the right spot? One of those itches where it feels so go to scratch it’s almost worth having the condition that’s causing the itch?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: BigAl2, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
Zeke said:
Have you ever had one of those itches where you can begin to understand why your dog’s leg gets to thumping the floor when you scratch just the right spot? One of those itches where it feels so go to scratch it’s almost worth having the condition that’s causing the itch?
Yep😯

Reactions: BigAl2, PadPhilosopher, Zeke and 2 others
I still have to deal with very frequent skin rashes (often minor, sometimes worse 😫) and itching.

Maybe because I wear nearly all the time Tena Pants to feel safer and avoid leaks. I nearly abandoned the Tena Lady pads.
So I feel dry longer with the same protection which leads to less changes during the day (I was a bit obsessed to change at every dribble or gush with the pads 😅). But maybe more irritating for my skin around leak guards (and sometimes directly on my lady parts or bum 🫤).

I hoped for better skin health after upgrading the level of protection. Turn out it isn't better. Did you experienced the same?

The other issue is that I scratch myself more than I thought. My girlfriend at first didn't said anything. But after a while admitted that she is annoyed with it. It draw attention to my protections. At first she thought that I was checking myself (if wet) even in public without being discreet. Of course I also check myself quite often but I believe more discreetly.

I had to explain about the itching.
She then realised it was involuntary scratching. But to be honest it's a lot more frequent than I thought...
Now she reminds me when I'm doing it too much in public. And at home she doesn't hesitate to shout through the door "cream" when I'm changing 😅

Have you also be told that you check or scratch yourself too much in public?

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
So I went through a period a few years ago where I was getting very regular and severe rashes, I tried everything to counter it even stopped wearing diapers for several months and that didn't affect it so I figured it was not the wet diapers causing it only maybe making it worse.

At one point t there was like 4 or 5 months where it didn't fade at all and was constantly there. Eventually it did pass and although I get more rashes now than I ever did before it has not got that bad again.

What I do find though is that I am so itchy down there a lot of the time, especially when sat at home not doing much.

What I found though after trying so many things is thart there is a cream you can get, in the the uk brand is "eurax" might be available elsewhere but when I get home I can post the ingredients so you can find similar creams.

It's an itch relief cream designed to releive any persistant itchiness on the body, it works absolute wonders, supposed to be a 12 hour treatment though I often find I gave to reapply it after maybe 4 to 5 hours but it works.

• Wow
Reactions: DreamerBenenedicte and PadPhilosopher
It sometimes itches a bit if I am wet and haven't changed for a while. If that happens, that will mostly be around leak guards, and if I am in public and that moving around is not enough, I end up putting my hand in my jean's pocket and move the leak guards down and itch there through the pocket with my fingers.
However, in your case it may also be worth trying other pullups to check if they hold the humidity at some other parts where you may have less rashes.

Reactions: DreamerBenenedicte and PadPhilosopher
DreamerBenenedicte said:
I still have to deal with very frequent skin rashes (often minor, sometimes worse 😫) and itching.

Maybe because I wear nearly all the time Tena Pants to feel safer and avoid leaks. I nearly abandoned the Tena Lady pads.
So I feel dry longer with the same protection which leads to less changes during the day (I was a bit obsessed to change at every dribble or gush with the pads 😅). But maybe more irritating for my skin around leak guards (and sometimes directly on my lady parts or bum 🫤).

I hoped for better skin health after upgrading the level of protection. Turn out it isn't better. Did you experienced the same?

The other issue is that I scratch myself more than I thought. My girlfriend at first didn't said anything. But after a while admitted that she is annoyed with it. It draw attention to my protections. At first she thought that I was checking myself (if wet) even in public without being discreet. Of course I also check myself quite often but I believe more discreetly.

I had to explain about the itching.
She then realised it was involuntary scratching. But to be honest it's a lot more frequent than I thought...
Now she reminds me when I'm doing it too much in public. And at home she doesn't hesitate to shout through the door "cream" when I'm changing 😅

Have you also be told that you check or scratch yourself too much in public?
This may be an issue with the product you're using. Look at this.

Reactions: DreamerBenenedicte
Jorelaxed said:
I started doing a little research, I normally use Desitin cream, and found that I had a fungal infection. I used Miconazole cream for three days in the itch area and it got rid of it!
Yep, I use an anti–fungal at the first hint of a diaper rash, usually keeps everything at bay. I've use Daktakort Gold, which seems to work fine. Just tell your pharmacist you need something to treat Athlete's Foot, and they'll find a good anti–fungal cream or gel for you.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Thank you all for your thoughts on that.
Quite sure it's not fungal (already happened to me).
I don't think it's due to a specific product I use. It happens the same with Molicare but different places (rashes on my labia and bum). Since it was less effective with the smell and less discreet I switched back to Tena.
The worst was with Always incontinence products. They are scented and gave me awful rashes. And the mix of their perfum and pee was disgusting 😒

I believe having regular mild skin irritations is part of life when you have incontinence issues. Same with the fear of leaks and compulsive checking 🙄

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
DreamerBenenedicte said:
Thank you all for your thoughts on that.
Quite sure it's not fungal (already happened to me).
I don't think it's due to a specific product I use. It happens the same with Molicare but different places (rashes on my labia and bum). Since it was less effective with the smell and less discreet I switched back to Tena.
The worst was with Always incontinence products. They are scented and gave me awful rashes. And the mix of their perfum and pee was disgusting 😒

I believe having regular mild skin irritations is part of life when you have incontinence issues. Same with the fear of leaks and compulsive checking 🙄
I was thinking about Always products indeed. They also have a non-scented version of them in some country (known as 0% or Sensitive skin), but it may not help with rashes you may suffer from indeed.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Sparrow75 said:
I was thinking about Always products indeed. They also have a non-scented version of them in some country (known as 0% or Sensitive skin), but it may not help with rashes you may suffer from indeed.
Thanks for the reminder about the unscented. Tried them. But I also hated them. Bulkier, immediately feeling wet after the first dribbling. And the smell is less bad. But very strong pee smell anyway. I don't recommend then to anyone.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Back