Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

New NorthShore MEGAMAX-USA Series Review

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
At the first of this week, NorthShore Announced the introduction of their NEW MEGAMAX-USA! A fully manufactured in the US Premium Adult Diaper! Having received a sample of this product, I have tested it and provided below a comparison with their existing China sourced product, which I wear every night as support for my night-time urine-incontinence (U-IC). As part of full disclosure I wear Day-time weight, Pre-folded, Cloth Diapers. With both products, I wear NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Covers.

- In a side by side physical comparison, I found no obvious physical differences between the USA or China products.

- As part of prepping the USA diaper, I noted that it felt “softer” especially during the process of folding the diaper in half to set the length-wise gusset, which in my opinion improves the distribution of urine forward and aft in all disposable diapers. Regardless of that one perceived differences between the two diapers, the gusset fold set in both diapers the same and remained.

- Absorbency and the ability to obtain a semi-dry feel was consistent between both the USA and China products over the extended wear time near 14 hours. My choice to change the diaper was driven more by my own change schedule than any issue of the diaper's capacity.

- Capacity: My Urine-Incontinence is based on spinal communication issues at the S1-L5 and as a result, I experience variations in release times and/or volume overnight. Last night was what I classify as ’normal’ with likely five or six releases over-night, which did not place a noticalable effect on the capacity of NorthShore’s MegaMax diaper regardless of USA or China series. The distribution was seen as equal. I see no reason that the USA series will preform any different when I experience an heavy night flow.

- Landing Zones are seen as equal between the two diapers as is the adherence of the taps. I am a restless sleeper and place a heavy demand on the structure and taps of a diaper. Both diapers hold in place with zero movement of the taps in the landing zone. MegaMax over the long time that I have worn them, have never had a tap slip or release.

- Leaks; are the nightmare of anyone who is incontinent as a leak is commonly rated as worst than a diaper line as a leak is far more noticeable. Over this extended 14 hour wear, I experienced zero leaks, which is consistent with NorthShore products.

- I elected to 'fluff-up 'a China sourced MegaMax and found that the ’soft’ feel to be similar and see this difference as likely the effect of the China sourced diaper being in a tightly compressed state for a much longer time period between manufacture and use.

Congratulations to the NorthShore Team that undertook this project that has resulted in a NorthShore MegaMax-USA that are at least equal if not better quality!

• Love
Reactions: Knowdog, CptKirk, Lynnie and 29 others
The second night wearing the New NorthShore, MegaMax-USA was without surprise or even minor variations from the first night report above.
Tonight I returned to original MegaMax and anticipate yet another full night's sleep in NorthShore products.

Reactions: Knowdog, Neroforte, Lynnie and 6 others
So I take it the difference between megamax and megamax USA is it's made in the US and has a witness indicator? One thing that has always really impressed me with a megamax is how perfect their leak guards were. They were standing from front waistband to back waistband. And because I like to also use a thick high capacity booster like rearz or tykables they tuck in the leak guards perfectly.

Reactions: Neroforte, Rutibex, Diprs2 and 4 others
I wonder if Northshore purchased the machine from the old Dry24/7 company.

This is most definitely a great step forward for USA based diapers. Will definitely be looking to possibly change my supply over to the USA line in the near future.

Reactions: Lynnie, Neet, Diprs2 and 2 others
I saw these on their website yesterday! Exciting to see a US made premium diaper. So glad you did a review of these as I was wondering about the difference. Will be ordering some now.

Reactions: Neet, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
I do not know what machine they are running their new NS MEGAMAX-USA diapers on, but Yes, other than the Logo placement, I am not able to discern any difference.

For the near future, I will likely stick with the China Sourced diaper only because it helps them use them up and as a result have more available for new individuals to use the NEW, USA, product.

Reactions: Neroforte, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
This is good to see. I am going to return to Megamax the next time I order. Long story short, I love Megamax, but they are quite expensive. But, as I more and more tend to use taped diapers 24 7, rather than pull-ups during the day, I am willing to pay a bit more to have a daytime product that is somewhat more discrete. My current staple (Incontrol Bedry) is great - I love them - but they a little noisier than I prefer. Totally fine for nights and around the house, but for out and about use, I’ll switch to Megamax.

Reactions: Lynnie, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
HalMidLife said:
This is good to see. I am going to return to Megamax the next time I order. Long story short, I love Megamax, but they are quite expensive. But, as I more and more tend to use taped diapers 24 7, rather than pull-ups during the day, I am willing to pay a bit more to have a daytime product that is somewhat more discrete. My current staple (Incontrol Bedry) is great - I love them - but they a little noisier than I prefer. Totally fine for nights and around the house, but for out and about use, I’ll switch to Megamax.

Same, Megamax might be my favorite but $120 for 40 diapers vs $75 for 48 incontrol or bambino diapers… it’s a no brainer!

Reactions: babyky, Diprs2, iatec779 and 3 others
I second this entire review. Differences are pretty small, still a top notch diaper. The USA version plastic is different and I find the fit to be a bit better for my body type than the original version (same size, but the USA version seems to let me tape a bit more comfortably and a bit tighter). I think the plastic may be a smidge crinklier than the original, but all small differences if any. Definitely enjoying this new iteration of one of the best diapers around

Reactions: Diprs2, Freddie07601, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
RestrainU4Me said:
Same, Megamax might be my favorite but $120 for 40 diapers vs $75 for 48 incontrol or bambino diapers… it’s a no brainer!
Exactly. If the Incontrols were just a bit quieter, I would not use anything else. I love them and the cost is very reasonable for the quality. Also, I really do not mind a bit of noise, but they are quite loud especially under certain pants.

Reactions: Lynnie, Diprs2, Freddie07601 and 3 others
Well, last night I returned to the original MegaMax product and as anticipated the differences remains tiny with some stiffness noted on the original MegaMax, across the top, outer shell of the original product.

Reactions: Lynnie, Dry247, Diprs2 and 3 others
Edgewater said:
Well, last night I returned to the original MegaMax product and as anticipated the differences remains tiny with some stiffness noted on the original MegaMax, across the top, outer shell of the original product.

Essentially, there is no need to panic. They’re still amazing and now support the USA as an added bonus. 👍🏽 (my interpretation from your reviews)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, Diprs2, LeifErikson and 2 others
RestrainU4Me said:
Essentially, there is no need to panic. They’re still amazing and now support the USA as an added bonus. 👍🏽 (my interpretation from your reviews)
Your interpretation is correct!

Reactions: Lynnie, RestrainU4Me, Diprs2 and 1 other person
RestrainU4Me said:
Agree, prices are insane.

• Thinking
Reactions: RestrainU4Me and PadPhilosopher
iatec779 said:
Agree, prices are insane.
For some people they're a life changing awesomeness. Not everyone needs what MM offers, but for those who do, they can be the difference between being housebound by fear of leaks, and being productive. That's worth something!

• Love
Reactions: Bigbabybret, CptKirk, IncontinentScholar and 4 others
PadPhilosopher said:
For some people they're a life changing awesomeness. Not everyone needs what MM offers, but for those who do, they can be the difference between being housebound by fear of leaks, and being productive. That's worth something!
I have relied on MegaMax for trips up to a remote cabin when I wasn't driving (and thus not in control of restroom stops, assuming I can manage even that). The extra capacity also was worth its weight in gold when the car broke down, or on another occasion, the traffic was stopped for hours.

• Love
Reactions: RestrainU4Me, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Is there any difference in the appearance of the new megamax, as compared to the old version?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
arctic said:
Is there any difference in the appearance of the new megamax, as compared to the old version?
Other than the logo stripe down the center, no.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
So does the USA version have North shore printed on landing zone?

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Pantyman said:
So does the USA version have North shore printed on landing zone?
Just down the middle as a wetness indicator

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Back