Random thought: “hiding” boxes for trash pickup?

DiaperedG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Last night this thought popped into my head. It was garbage night and I was thinking about how I see baby diaper and pull ups boxes out for pickup. But I can’t say I’ve ever seen a Goodnites or Underjams box. If it were me I’d definitely ask my parents to cut them up or something. I remember one time overhearing my mom on the phone and got really embarrassed and asked her to not tell people I still wore pull-ups. But we didn’t buy them by the box, I think. So I guess I’m wondering. Did anyone here have their packaging hidden? Like cut it up for the recycling or garbage can. Or was it left out to see?

I used to to in home repair. I never really seen boxes out at the road. probably to keep their kid from being teased when the bus picks them up. but ive lost count of how may times id go to throw the part that i replaced out in their garbage can in garage or by house and seen goodnites in the can. I fixed appliance and lots of them were laundry products. I used to always look for signs of bedwetting in the laundry pile if it was laying by the washer and dryer. found quite a bit over the years. it became common that if you seen a pair of pajama pants taken off with the underwear at the same time, where the legs were pulled through the underwear. most likely they were removed wet. found lots of goodnites trufit in laundry when they were on the market.

Reactions: TrashPanda01
I think it's extremely location/disposal method dependent. I live in California where recycling is almost always collected in blue wheeled bins with lids. You could easily flatten a goodnites box and throw it in there without it being visible to all the neighbors. This has been the standard for over 2 decades now. Furthermore, I have seen the same system in place everywhere I've visited in the US. Two places where it could be an issue come to mind, however. Switzerland and Canada. In Switzerland cardboard and paper are often set out "naked" for collection depending on the canton someone lives in. As for Canada, there are still many municipalities that use the "old" system for collecting recycling. My friend in Edmonton has to put his recycling in a transparent blue bag and set it out at the curb for collection. Many BC municipalities would require the hypothetical parent of the bedwetting child to flatten their goodnites boxes and put them beside their blue boxes. While you can certainly invert the remnants of the box to avoid making it obvious, a curious passerby would still be able to tell with somewhat ease what the box contained.

Back