Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

[semi rant] *Yzma voice* Why do we even call it that ?

Unscientific opinion poll!

• Yeah, they need to change the name up (y'all got a preference?)

• No, the issue isn't that big

• I'm on the fence

• I actually don't really have an opinion on it (and this is valid!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
{HEADS UP: The poll runs until the end of May 2024. If you missed the poll, you can still answer in the comments though.}

Nocturnal enuresis. The thing where you have accidents when you sleep at night. I propose we change that name up a bit.

Maybe enuresis quiescret — here I've altered the syntax a bit to reflect the reversion to the Latin language — meaning literally "release of pee at rest" as opposed to sleeping. Or maybe instead of nocturnal we go for somnolent, since this is literally a problem with the sleeping.

I make this proposal [/¾'s serious] because as much as this is a night problem, it's just as bad a risk any time of day.

I fell asleep watching my best friend playing Assassin's Creed on stream — it's ok, my friend knows I'm fuckin tired lately, she's gonna assure me she's not mad in the morning because when this happens I basically end up trying to convey a sports dogeza in text because I'm always afraid I'm in trouble

and she has to convey violent reassurance in text because I am chronically ill and exhausted and l literally the worst at giving myself a little grace

(We've been friends ten years or so it's ok this is just the relationship)

When I crashed I made sure my 10:25 Gastrocrom alarm was functioning, which was good because it woke me up for the last dose of the day. Problem was, I did not stay awake — again, I am exhausted. Whether I agreed or not, my body said "GO BACK TO SLEEP" and off I went.

It wasn't even half an hour when I woke up and basically prayed for a false alarm. But instead what I got was a wet nappy — with a bit of blood and the wrong color, mind you, but for once in my life ALMOST none of the post-accident crampy burning. I panicked and checked the spot where I was — nothing a scrub with my special concoction won't fix.

THIS is the thing that bugs me more than the bedwetting — it can happen anytime, anywhere, anywhen. And yet, we call it by that name.

And as a writer and language nerd NOTHING bothers me as much as inaccurate names for things. 😅

With this said…now I'm getting the ouchy cramps. I won't need the full rescue cannon, but an extra Baclofen and an Ativan will ease this bastard up a bit before it gets bad. In the morning I'll have to call my urogynecologist, because after the repeated hematuria attacks last month, I'm supposed to report anything unusual going on.

This still happening (the hematuria) is definitely unusual.

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I've no opinion on it, but I voted nonetheless to push the thread up again. I think it deserves more attention.

• Love
Reactions: OmiOMy, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
There appears to be 'two' very different discussions here; The one you write about and the other, which revolves around the question regard "Nocturnal enuresis".

The serious problem with the World of Incontinences is that there is a huge number of possible causes, whether it be daytime, night-time, 24/7 or sporadic. There is no question that there are gathering points and in those clusters are medical understanding provides /defined reasons and some treatments, but there are still a vast pot that specific support does not exists, with the current tools /understandings.

I am 24/7, U-IC as a result of surgeries on the damages caused by a car crash. Which, caused the U-IC that was specifically unknown, at that time. "Nocturnal enuresis" does not fit me as I am 24/7. The issue(s) you suffer, does not fit me either and nor does it fit many of the IC members of ADISC or Worldwide. As a result the name: "Nocturnal enuresis" fits a number of individuals that have a very specific urinary issue. To change the name, it will have little interest /effect because most experience something different.

Welcome to the Magical World of Incontinence!

Back