Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

Staying at hotels

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
So this past month I've spent two weekends in hotels and it's the first two times I've gone after being diapered. Now obviously I have "weekend getaway" money, but I do not have "replace a ruined hotel mattress" money. So I wanted to ask what my fellow IC peoples do in this situation?

What I've done was I brought the mat that I put at the bottom of my playpen, which is like half an inch thick and will catch any leaks, on top of the mattress. I probably could just ask for a plastic mattress cover, but I am not ready for that conversation and this mat does a terrific job and is soft to boot.

Reactions: diaperdude, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
Sounds like your protective mat did it's job well. I usually bring good quality disposable underpads with me when I travel, but I rarely travel anymore. I've also always been careful to place used diapers in a plastic disposal bag before putting them in the hotel trash.

Reactions: diaperdude, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
I wear a good overnight (ATN) diaper and a pair of good fitting plastic panties to take care of any possible leaks

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, DLPeakOut and 3 others
spent last weekend in a hotel for work. brought 2 peapod bed mats and layed across the bed. and wore my night weight prefold diapers with heavy duty plastic pants. just in case. I was driving so was not worried about taking soiled laundry home. I peed the bed in a hotel a few years back. was not good. charged my card a good amount.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I always ask for a waterproof plastic mattress protector. I have never had any problems apart from the protector not being on the bed. I just ring house keeping and they come and put one on. Did take me some courage to start with but I am use to it now and I do not worry what they think. They would have seen allot worse.

Reactions: Seabear, Freddie07601, Diprs2 and 3 others
I usually just trust my diaper. I'm a heavy wetter at night, and in the past year have had zero leaks when using the tykables diapers (I found these fit me the best, not crazy about the artwork but they have an all white design now). I mean literally zero issues out of 365 days, waking up in the mornings with them almost completely filled. However, I admittedly wouldn't know what to do if I leaked at a hotel. It would be a terrifying experience, and this question alone has me second guessing my approach. Perhaps in the future I will also bring a bed pad to ensure there are absolutely no issues. I only travel once or twice a year for work thankfully, and only for one or two nights so there's not much extra room in my carry on.

Reactions: Diprs2, NorthwestDiaperDude, DLPeakOut and 2 others
You can always grab big puppy piddle pads on the way to the hotel. They are basically the same as disposable bed protectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and princessarya
Do hotels really have watterproof mattress protectors available upon Request? Thats awesome

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, princessarya and 1 other person
princessarya said:
So this past month I've spent two weekends in hotels and it's the first two times I've gone after being diapered. Now obviously I have "weekend getaway" money, but I do not have "replace a ruined hotel mattress" money. So I wanted to ask what my fellow IC peoples do in this situation?

What I've done was I brought the mat that I put at the bottom of my playpen, which is like half an inch thick and will catch any leaks, on top of the mattress. I probably could just ask for a plastic mattress cover, but I am not ready for that conversation and this mat does a terrific job and is soft to boot.
I would highly recommend bed protectors to sleep on so if your diaper leaks it does not get onto the bed. The have both disposable and reusable bed pads but I would recommend the reusable pads and some plastic bags if your accident leaks out of the diaper. Another thing I would recommend is possibly using an ABDL diaper as from what I have heard they are more absorbent, I don't know how well they contain poop well if you are bowel incontinent but it is an option. My advice is to check at home before you go on your trip and make sure everything is in order to avoid the possible cost of damage fees.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, princessarya and 1 other person
I always ask for a cover when I book. Most booking forms have a “further requests” box and I say I am incontinent and can they add a cover. Lots of smaller hotels have covers on the mattress yesterday. I still take some disposable pads as well. Not had a face to face conversation asking for a cover but in a hotel last year, when I checked in the clerk looked at my booking and said” you are in an access (disabled) room?” Then she read on and no doubt saw my request and said “ oh I see”

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Lostdiapersboy, Edgewater and 2 others
I spent several months driving the USA after I retired and spent most nights in hotels. I slept in a Megamax with booster, pull-on PUL cover, on a high end disposable bed pad (with SAP). I never had a single leak, but if I would have, the bed pad would have dealt with it and kept all bedding dry. Because the bed pads were high end, they didn't scrunch up or fall apart. Each was easily reused for 10+ days because I wasn't having leaks. High end protection is not cheap, but it's a minor expense compared to the damage one can easily do in one night.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp, Edgewater and 1 other person
BabyLouise said:
I always ask for a cover when I book. Most booking forms have a “further requests” box and I say I am incontinent and can they add a cover. Lots of smaller hotels have covers on the mattress yesterday. I still take some disposable pads as well. Not had a face to face conversation asking for a cover but in a hotel last year, when I checked in the clerk looked at my booking and said” you are in an access (disabled) room?” Then she read on and no doubt saw my request and said “ oh I see”
I also do this when I make the reservation. I have stayed at one motel that has this in my contact information. When I check in I was told which bed had the protector on it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Babybub and PadPhilosopher
Babybub said:
I always ask for a waterproof plastic mattress protector. I have never had any problems apart from the protector not being on the bed. I just ring house keeping and they come and put one on. Did take me some courage to start with but I am use to it now and I do not worry what they think. They would have seen allot worse.
I or my wife always ask for bed protection to be supplied at hotels. We always let them know I am incontinent in advance when booking. Some do provide bed protection and some don't

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
DLPeakOut said:
Do hotels really have watterproof mattress protectors available upon Request? Thats awesome
Some do and some don't.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
princessarya said:

I am way past the embarrassment stage now. I have no problem in telling anyone who needs to know I wet the bed.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I always take a washable absorbent bed pad with me in case my nappies leak. I wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit adult nappies. On a few occasions I have found that the housekeeping people have put a waterproof sheet on the bed after they have found a wet nappy in the bathroom bin.

Reactions: Seabear, Diprs2, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
I’m kinda shocked this many people diapers leak that much at night where you need a washable cover in a motel. Why just not wear a quality diaper, add a booster pad and PUL or rubber type pants if that worried about it?
It takes ALOT to leak though all that and even at that point, I would have to be minimal.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
iatec779 said:
I’m kinda shocked this many people diapers leak that much at night where you need a washable cover in a motel. Why just not wear a quality diaper, add a booster pad and PUL or rubber type pants if that worried about it?
It takes ALOT to leak though all that and even at that point, I would have to be minimal.
I wear a high capacity diaper plastic pants and rubber bloomers, so leaks are rare but I still wouldn’t want to ruin a mattress

Reactions: DLPeakOut, iatec779, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Tenaman said:
I always take a washable absorbent bed pad with me in case my nappies leak. I wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit adult nappies. On a few occasions I have found that the housekeeping people have put a waterproof sheet on the bed after they have found a wet nappy in the bathroom bin.
Yes I have found similar when returning to the room even though they initially ignored the request

Last edited:
Reactions: iatec779, PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
twboy12 said:
I usually just trust my diaper. I'm a heavy wetter at night, and in the past year have had zero leaks when using the tykables diapers (I found these fit me the best, not crazy about the artwork but they have an all white design now). I mean literally zero issues out of 365 days, waking up in the mornings with them almost completely filled. However, I admittedly wouldn't know what to do if I leaked at a hotel. It would be a terrifying experience, and this question alone has me second guessing my approach. Perhaps in the future I will also bring a bed pad to ensure there are absolutely no issues. I only travel once or twice a year for work thankfully, and only for one or two nights so there's not much extra room in my carry on.
What size r u. I was gonna order some but I'm a 36 waist. I do have a bigger belly. I'll call it a dad bod. I'm thinking the larges but wanted your opinion.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back