Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Thoughts on privacy

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
with each device and each update there seems to be more and more privacy invasions and I’m getting fed up with it.

I started watching videos on digital detectives and forensics, I was shocked at the new features in iPhones that I can only describe as trackers, they sneaked them in without telling us. There is a feature in privacy>location>system that tracks and logs everywhere you have been by default, I for one never enabled it. iPhones are becoming like gps anklets but on steroids. If the cell phone towers don’t trace you “they log every device in proximity” then gps will.

With each windows update, they get more and more controlling and have even pushed more spam and bloatware alone with more snooping.
I feel in a catch 22 situation, because of my anxiety, I don’t feel safe going out without a phone, but I don’t feel going out with one because it logs my every move. In the videos they said “if we want to watch your phone we can and you’ll never know about it” that’s the kind of mentality we are facing.

I’m wondering what options I have in terms of a dumb phone, 2g I know for a fact is poor at triangulation compared to 4g but eventually they’ll turn it off.

Old phones they are hard to get good replacement batteries, some people have made phones from a raspberry pi. A good thing about that it’s more open to gps emulation so you can give out a fake location coordinates via command line. Eventually it’ll become more and more difficult to have privacy.

I have nothing to hide, I’m not ashamed of being a little but I object to being tracked by default when I’ve done nothing wrong in a way it makes you feel like your being treated like a criminal. I take every step possible to keep myself safe online, I’ve been targeted by hackers and stalkers it’s a reality of being online, but if you blink you can miss the next feature they’ll add and enable by default and you can go months like I did, it logged 46 locations that I had been, all boring locations like the kebab shop and what if that information gets in the wrong hands.

When I was young I watched that will smith movie enemy of the state and said to myself that’ll come true one day. It more or less has. They can spy on you, even advertisers who want to figure out where you are, where you have been and push out relevant or targeted adverts and when Ai gets in the mix, it’ll get harder and harder to get privacy and I believe privacy should be a right and it feels like we live in scary times .

I’d be interested in your thoughts and any suggestions about a dumb phone, as I don’t really feel comfortable carrying a smart phone to go shopping anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and chamberpot
not to worry you any more, but they have every keystroke you ever made. I know I am paranoid ...but am I paranoid enough? If they want you they got you. but your lost in a sea of others .... I am glad i am checking out and not checking in.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Root any random Android and you can remove anything waht can vother you - I did it and removed crap like facebook, YT app etc.

Any kind of Apple devices I banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
There is no question in my old mind that where ever I am at, write and say on any phone is caught. Like above, my short term comfort is I am likely little more than data in a sea of data.

I know that you are correct in your concern as your footprint is larger than mine and as a result should be concerned.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
There's big money to be made in selling data, sadly. To advertisers, to whoever. I do recommend to everyone I meet to switch to Firefox for web browsing — one of the last browsers on earth that cares about privacy.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, CrazySmoker and Edgewater
My old tablet died, and i got a kindle fire. Not best! Cannot get certain apps, games, because its Amazon. And need to be online to delete pics. Even ones i shot w built in camera!! Grrr!

• Wow
LadyOfTintagel said:
There's big money to be made in selling data, sadly. To advertisers, to whoever. I do recommend to everyone I meet to switch to Firefox for web browsing — one of the last browsers on earth that cares about privacy.
Brave is better than FireFox for privacy. But yes, many mainstream browsers are little more than data miners.

Reactions: Edgewater
PetahPetah said:
My old tablet died, and i got a kindle fire. Not best! Cannot get certain apps, games, because its Amazon. And need to be online to delete pics. Even ones i shot w built in camera!! Grrr!
Devices like that (sold below cost almost) are data miners for the parent company. Vanilla android you install yourself is the best, but short of that, choose manufacturer carefully and turn off everything possible.

Reactions: Edgewater
Have tape over camera 😉

You could try to install a DeGoogled version of Android, like /e/OS. I have it on my phone. It blocks all the trackers. I've only unblocked some trackers because it broke certain apps, but other than that blocks all other trackers.

PadPhilosopher said:
Devices like that (sold below cost almost) are data miners for the parent company. Vanilla android you install yourself is the best, but short of that, choose manufacturer carefully and turn off everything possible.
DeGoogled android is even better, like /e/OS.

sciencedude said:
You could try to install a DeGoogled version of Android, like /e/OS. I have it on my phone. It blocks all the trackers. I've only unblocked some trackers because it broke certain apps, but other than that blocks all other trackers.
But, not all devices are capable of running custom OS ROMs. If that's the goal, do some research first and choose a suitable device.

Back