A diaper bondage

Betterwearadiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I lie in my bed, feeling my diaper under the pyjamas. Touching it, it feels nice, and perhaps a little bit strange. Which is odd, because, being 4 years old, I never knew how sleeping without a diaper would be. I had always had a diaper on at night.

This is one of my earliest, very clear, memories of diapers from my younger years. I know the memory is for real, because surely no-one had told me about this event, so I have not constructed a story based on creating the memory from what someone else told me later on.

The diaper was a rectangular disposable, with plastic pants over it. The sort of diaper everyone used in the early 70-ies. I wore those at night with plastic pants, they were also worn with tie-on plastic cover, tied on each side with beautiful, cute knots. What @Palle calls "snibb", in my country they are called "snipp", in our house referred to simply as "plastic".

Every evening, I would dress myself into the diaper. I remember this. The disposable goes into the plastic pants, plastic pants pulled up. A 4 year old can do this, no need for assistance.

I knew the difference between wearing a diaper and not wearing. Because I was out of diapers daytime early enough that I have no memory of using diapers during day, so guess around late 3 or very early 4.

Around that time, age 4, the night diaper started to appear very dry in the morning, and eventually it was decided, I did not need diapers at night anymore. So now I was a big boy, also at night, and I never wet the bet up to this day, not one single incident. So no more feeling the diaper at night, no more the slightly embarrassing procedure of putting on the diaper before bed.

I even remember the words, "Your night-time diaper is dry every morning, you can quit diapers. Now you just need to manage to stay dry during the day."

But - didn't I just say, I was out of day diapers much earlier? Yes, indeed. And this is where logic starts to fail miserably. Because, apparently, diaper at night was determined by necessity - if reasonable risk of wetting, wear a diaper. But, day time followed different rules. Wearing a diaper at day was determined by age, not necessity. And 4 years old was presumably the limit those days. Anyone wearing a diaper was a baby, and wearing a diaper was very embarrassing and shameful. Big boys simply did not wear diapers.

Apparently, there were some accidents now and then, during day. And they continued. To everyone's frustration.

One time, I must have been 4. I remember being put into a disposable diaper, no plastic pants or plastic cover, just the diaper. It clearly showed beneath my pants, me being quite upset about this, it was no fun at all. Obviously had an accident, which happens, at that age. It was obviously meant to be a reminder to keep pants dry and use the toilet, as this diaper with no cover would be pretty useless for its intended purpose.

I may, at least I intend to for the time being, to continue this story from my early years. I have many more memories from this time, involving diapers and growing up, and how the logic of the world does not always follow boolean rules.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, doublepadded, BBBen and 4 others
I'm glad nothing bad happened to you, I always worry when I read blogs like this, but you're story is ok, if a little sad.
I want to write about my life here as well, but it is scary and I have not yet found the words.
Thanks for writing about your life in a straight forward and honest manner.
For those of us that want to express complicated and sometimes painful ideas about our lives, it matters.
Thanks for sharing, I found it to be a insightful look at missing diapers and the shame imposed for wearing them.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, doublepadded, BBBen and 3 others
KBoy said:
I'm glad nothing bad happened to you, I always worry when I read blogs like this, but you're story is ok, if a little sad.
I want to write about my life here as well, but it is scary and I have not yet found the words.
Thanks for writing about your life in a straight forward and honest manner.
For those of us that want to express complicated and sometimes painful ideas about our lives, it matters.
Thanks for sharing, I found it to be a insightful look at missing diapers and the shame imposed for wearing them.
I hope to continue, and then show how those years were not sad at all, and as you concluded, nothing bad happened to me. It may seems sad, perhaps due to focusing on some particular events revolving around diapers.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen, Blekyss and 2 others
Eventually, we will see how bad policy and failed logic backfires. It is also noteworthy that each individual, being a child or a parent, only has limited power to enforce a different policy, as the unwritten laws of how things are supposed to be will always be a result of societal norms present at that time.

The best and most convenient solution is to be dry, day and night, not having to deal with diapers at all. Now, of course, dismissing other factors at play, such as diapers actually being very nice and comfy and convenient to wear - for the child..

At some point, however, it is also obvious that diaper is easier and more convenient than dealing with changes every day. Even wearing a diaper, just in case something happens, even if it does not happen every day, could be easier. But it was impossible, due to established norms. Diapers are for babies, and they are shameful.

As accidents seemed to continue, at 5, we went to see the doctor. I was prepared, "you may have to start wearing diapers again". Since no 5 year old wet their pants and needed diapers, the doctor would check to see what was wrong, and also decide whether diapers was the solution.

I remember thinking about how this would be. To wear a diaper, walking down the road. And wet it. It would be thick, I would be very conscious that I had a diaper on.

The doctor did not recommend diapers, and presumably told my mom to just wait it out, see how things progress. This is what I assume, from what happened, or rather, what did not happen next.

Today, it seems the realization that some children do still wet their pants occasionally, even at 5 and even older, has become more of an accepted reality. Diapers are now much better in functionality, and they are marketed towards children up to 15 year of age. Pull-ups did not exist back then. But the diapers that did exist, they were very nice and comfy, and very noticeable to the wearer.

So no day diaper for me, it was not needed, rather, should not be needed. Which of course was a relief, think of the shame, 5 and still in diapers..

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen, Blekyss and 1 other person
There is no shame for a five year old to wear diapers.
For kindergarten in the US it is generally a requirement but many children are just getting it and I am sure many struggle, but I think the whole shaming thing is nonsense and wrong headed parenting.
I'm a adult baby and behave extremely childishly around my wife and have resisted potty training in spite of her best efforts. The poor lady has resigned herself to treating me like a baby and refers to me as her ninnypoop.
That's kinda shameful, it's funny, but shameful

• Wow
KBoy said:
There is no shame for a five year old to wear diapers.
For kindergarten in the US it is generally a requirement but many children are just getting it and I am sure many struggle, but I think the whole shaming thing is nonsense and wrong headed parenting.
I'm a adult baby and behave extremely childishly around my wife and have resisted potty training in spite of her best efforts. The poor lady has resigned herself to treating me like a baby and refers to me as her ninnypoop.
That's kinda shameful, it's funny, but shameful
As said, things have evolved for the better. And personality is also a huge factor, some will be more affected and susceptible to feeling that shame.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen, Blekyss and 2 others
It's a good blog post, your writing is pretty good and your post is both clearly stated and has the ring of honesty.
I'm glad you are well adjusted, that's one of the most important things for an ABDL person. When I was a young guy being ABDL troubled me deeply, I really enjoy reading post by abdl's who are cool with it, like I am, now.
Good blog post and I look forward to more

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen and Blekyss
Playing house - part 1

We will now learn that this diaper-shame was not always present, some circumstances would void all shame and allow for diapers to be used and enjoyed.

I had a girlfriend. Around 4 and 5 years old, the next-door girl, slightly older, at 6 and 7, became my best friend. She was very cute, always nice to me, and she did not appear stupid like most other kids. I found I really liked the company of girls. They were cute and sweet and nice to be around.

Being older, she was trusted to be my company, if mom were out for a short trip to the store or something. So we would sometimes be alone, and also still alone in my room, free to do whatever we wanted.

What do you do, at this age, in company with a girl. We played house. Then there would be some construction work needed, a house must be built. We built it using various items, toys and smaller furniture, present in my room. Then there was the roles. In a house, there would be a mom, and the baby. Her being older, she obviously had to be mom, and I got to be the baby. Now let's see.. what is missing, for this to be complete. What do babies wear.. Yes, the baby must wear diapers. So I was diapered by her, in a small rectangular cloth diaper with plastic tie-on, all outside the pants. The diaper felt nice and smooth.

The diaper was worn outside pants, usually. But, sometimes, we chose to have the diaper on "inside".

In this situation, diapers was not shameful. Diapers were a part of the play.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
KBoy said:
It's a good blog post, your writing is pretty good and your post is both clearly stated and has the ring of honesty.
I'm glad you are well adjusted, that's one of the most important things for an ABDL person. When I was a young guy being ABDL troubled me deeply, I really enjoy reading post by abdl's who are cool with it, like I am, now.
Good blog post and I look forward to more
From being aware that you enjoy diapers, and then to be able to accept that and actually enjoy, is what I believe most are struggling with. And I do not have any good answers to that.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Blekyss and Palle
The diapers

Back then, diapers were different from what we have today. Cloth was still widely in use, and the disposables I suspect was not that good, with no super-absorbents, and no all-in-one, which came around late 80ies I suppose.

For older children, a diaper was a rectangular shaped pad, in cloth, or a paper disposable. Same shape, just different material, and different feel.

The cloth could easily be adjusted in thickness, to suit needed absorbency. Those disposables could of course also be doubled up, I have learned later now, but did not realize that was an option back then, perhaps because those disposables were already more than thick enough to provide a true diapered feel, and also be quite noticeable through pants.

This would work well enough as a "reminder"-diaper, but of course would leak catastrophically, if used. So they needed some sort of waterproof cover.

Plastic pants was a good option, there were safe, and comfy, though very noticeable to the wearer. You could always feel the plastic pants, never any doubt what you were wearing. Before internet and on-line stores came around, it was impossible to find plastic pants, I truly missed them a lot.

Then there was the plastic tie-on covers. They were tied on with knots on each side. @Palle likes those, and so do I. There is nothing else that screams "diaper" like the combination of feel and looks of those. They are just awesome. In Sweden they are called "snibb", here "snipp", in my home they were simply referred to as "plastic".

When new, the plastic tie-on is smooth and very soft, makes no noise at all. Then, while in use, they become more brittle and kind of hard, but still smooth to the feel, and now they crinkle very loud. So not only is the bulk of the diaper quite visible, both due to the shape and thickness of the rectangular diaper, but also very loud due to the plastic crinkling. And you are always aware you are wearing a diaper, even if the diaper itself is quite thin, because you always feel the plastic cover around the legs and waist.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Blekyss
I never wore disposable diapers as a baby, as a adult baby lm in pampers and plastic panties.
I have thought about it before, I don't mind wearing cloth diapers but I am a plastic backed disposable diapers adult baby for sure.
The naughty ninnypoop adult baby that I am has very little to do with the child I once was.
We are the same person, but with the Grand Canyons of space and time between me.

• Thinking
Some reference pictures...
Many names for these diaper covers, Snibb, Snib, Snibs, Snipp, Tie-on plastic pants, plastic pants etc. etc.
Basically a two piece diaper system emerging a decade after WW2.
As far as I know a Swedish invention that evolved into plastic backed T-shaped diapers and then the All-in-one diaper that first got unremovable tape-tabs but then ultimately got Velcro's...

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 36
  • snibb-bloja002.jpg
    snibb-bloja002.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 29008617@800-1544192425.jpg
    [email protected]
    63.8 KB · Views: 33
  • tumblr_pe89qwAS3K1sclcdbo6_1281.png
    tumblr_pe89qwAS3K1sclcdbo6_1281.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 8aa.jpg
    8aa.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen, mskvor and 3 others
Palle said:
Some reference pictures...
Many names for these diaper covers, Snibb, Snib, Snibs, Snipp, Tie-on plastic pants, plastic pants etc. etc.
Basically a two piece diaper system emerging a decade after WW2.
As far as I know a Swedish invention that evolved into plastic backed T-shaped diapers and then the All-in-one diaper that first got unremovable tape-tabs but then ultimately got Velcro's...
Nice, now people can see what they are.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Angelapinks, Palle and 1 other person
Wise guy

There will be no strict following the timeline here, so events may not necessarily be presented in the order they happened. This was a bit later, around age 6.

There seems to be sort of an accident happening, and this time, there were consequences.

A new change of clothes were laid out to change into, in the bathroom. But there was also a diaper, a disposable of the sort already described. Because if I wet my pants, I should wear a diaper. No plastic pants or cover, just the diaper, and this was a bit confusing. Was this supposed to be used for its intended purpose, or was it only meant to be a reminder to use the toilet. What if I used the diaper, it would not take much before it would saturate and then leak straight through into pants. I could not wear this, it was very embarrassing, so what to do now..

I came up with a genius solution. On the floor there was this rug, all bathrooms in the 70ies had those. I simply hid the diaper under the rug, surely no-one would find it there. There was a noticeable "diaper-bulge" on the rug, but mom would not see it. Problem solved, pants back on.

I don't remember any further consequences from this, we can assume mom certainly did find the diaper, presumably also figuring out exactly what happened and my idea for doing this.

• Haha
Diapers to school, the backfire

I am getting dressed for school in the morning. The clothes are laid out, and this morning there is a surprise. Cloth diapers, 2 layers, is presented on top, obviously intended to be part of my costume for the day.

This is the most intense memory I have of diapers, from my younger years. Seeing the diaper on top of the stack of clothes, meant for me.

I am not sure, but I do not remember any plastic cover, may be it was hidden beneath the cloth diapers, and I did not check. I just put on my clothes, ignoring the diaper, that was not going to happen.

Prior to this event, mom had a talk, presenting the idea of wearing diapers to school. If I could wear a small diaper with plastic cover. It would be a good idea, they would not be visible under pants so no one could tell, they would keep my pants dry, the plastic would prevent smell. A good and functional solution to a problem.

And that could have worked out very well, had it not been for the conflicting story of diapers-are-for-babies and are shameful, that was told from as far back as I can remember. Now, this was so embarrassing and shameful, it was impossible to accept. Failed logic backfires.

This was the only time I was given diapers to wear, it never happened again. I was around 7 now.

There was the suggestion of alternatives. Special underpants, with some absorption and waterproof cover, such products existed. That was definitely not going to happen. At least, if I as to wear diapers, it should be a real diaper. After all, diapers were actually quite exciting. Those special pants would also amplify the emotion of having diapers because they are needed, which I did not like. So every morning, I would carefully inspect the underwear, to see if there was something suspicious about them.

I have since wondered how this would have progressed, had I opted to wear the diapers. I don't remember exactly how large and thick those diapers were, but 2 layers would not be very thick. And then, if there was no plastic cover, those quite thin diapers would leak through if there was any sizeable accident. Which as a first step would lead to plastic cover. Then, larger accidents could happen, leading to thicker diapers. I would soon be in real, thick plastic diapers. Diaper would be rectangular cloth, which easily can be adjusted in thickness and absorption by adding more layers. Likely, I would soon get disposables, and those would be quite thick, simply because that is how they were made. They would be very noticeable by feel, and likely slightly visible.

If the diaper presented had been I disposable and plastic cover, laid out so both parts were in view, the story could have taken a different path. Because then, I would have been so tempted by curiosity, that the diaper just had to be tried on. First, just try it on. And it would feel great. So great, I would need to try how it feels with pants on. Check to see if it was visible. Finding that it sort of looked good enough. Perhaps try this, just for one day.

• Thinking
Curiosity eventually wins..

The situation around diapers for school were traumatizing, still, there was this curiosity. How would it actually feel to have a diaper on. I could remember enough to suspect it would be quite nice, and it was exciting. I wanted to know, how it feels, if it was comfy, was it annoying or uncomfortable to wear, would it be noticeable so that I could feel it was on, under clothes.

But it was impossible. I could never accept wearing a diaper because I needed one.

But perhaps there was a way. In a play situation, diapers could be part of the play. If I played being a baby, I could wear a diaper, as a role-play.

So I asked mom for a diaper, just for a play, absolutely not to wear as day time diaper, like in case of accidents. Sure, no problem, I got a diaper with tie-on plastic cover. Which I proceeded to put on. The diaper was a cloth rectangle, quite thin, plastic cover tied on with knots on each side. Then pants back on.

It felt sort of weird, it was surprisingly noticeable. Not visible, there was no large diaper bulge, but I could feel it very well. No doubt I had a diaper on, not just when walking, also when sitting, the plastic cover could always be felt around the legs and up on the sides. I was wearing a diaper. No way to ignore it.

Soon I was sort of finished with diaper, now I knew how it feels, so it was not needed anymore. The play could end, and the diaper could go off. There was just this unfortunate problem with that. With curiosity satisfied, embarrassment became dominant, meaning that I could not take off the diaper, because that would draw attention to the fact that I was wearing a diaper. So I kept it on, for the rest of the day. Feeling I had a diaper on. Eventually, it was time for bed, and the diaper was revealed again, much to my embarrassment.

I should have had day-time diapers up to at least 10 years old. It would have been so much easier, even if accidents only happened say once a week. No changing clothes, no embarrassing wetting accidents, in total better for me and less work for mom. Not worrying about wet pants. I would put on a diaper myself in the morning, taking it off in the evening, perhaps change it if a larger accident happened. Normally, it would require only one diaper change a day, cost and effort would be very reasonable. But it was impossible. As already described, I was offered diapers eventually, but by then the stigma of diapers being shameful and only for babies was so deeply established in my mind, it simply could not be.

I had now sort of confirmed I could absolutely feel if I had a diaper on, but also, it did not feel bad. In fact, it was quite nice. So all-in-all, it really would not be that bad, from a feel and physical perspective. It wouldn't even be visible, no one could tell.

Had the wetting problem been more serious, like several times a day every day, surely there would be no way other than diapers, and there would be all sorts of doctors and hospital involved to find out and try to fix the problem. As it were, not serious enough to warrant forced diapers all day, but still enough to cause embarrassment and difficulties, it caused more problems than necessary. Diapers would actually easily fix it.

This was not caused by abuse or mental issues, or something medical, it simply was a physical development issue, which I eventually grew out of. I have no recollection of having an accident, only faint memories of being wet and the problems associated with that.

Would diapers prolong the issues? Why so, remember the night diaper, that came off after being dry, the night diaper did not prevent a normal development and I never wet the bed after. A day diaper should work just the same, just keep it until always dry.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Hospital horror!

I was 7, going to the hospital for a sort of routine surgery, would take a couple of days in hospital. Turned out well, no problems, so safe to continue reading.

Hospital is a traumatizing experience in itself, all sorts of very bad things could happen there, though the worst that actually did happen was being left with only strangers.

Before going, we filled out a form, with various information about me. And of course, information about wetting and such, was to be submitted. Wet at night? No. Wet during day? Well.. "If you are sure you can stay dry, we tick off 'No', you think you can do that?" No problem, of course I could. Because I figured out, stating accidents may happen, would certainly mean diapers in hospital, during the stay. That would be very embarrassing.

Upon entering, preparing for the stay, I am in a bathroom. Not the worst place in a hospital, not many dangerous machines and tools in there, still, better be cautious, you never know. Look around, be prepared. Mom was still there, that helped at least a little bit.

There were lots of shelves up on the walls. With towels and such in them. But.. what is that.. Yes, large stacks, many of them, huge disposable diapers, some very large, some a little smaller in size. Horror.

Will they make me wear one of those huge diapers. They were much larger than a normal diaper for children, which, at 7, would still fit quite well on me. But those huge ones, they would go high up on my belly, with plenty thickness to ensure they would be very visible though the pajama-style hospital clothing. No, they would likely choose a smaller size, a size that still was much larger than normal diapers for children. And judging from the number of diapers on the shelves, it must be very common and normal to wear a diaper in hospital.

Realizing that diapers were indeed available here, they were in all sizes, and there was plenty supply. There was a reasonable risk of getting put into a diaper. When would it happen. Is it now. Will they wait and see, if diapers are needed. Should I ask for a diaper.

• Sad
  • Thinking
See this last post got a 'sad', not quite how it was meant to be. Drama, yes. Sad, not really.

May be try to cheer things up a little, then. Was not my intention to make people sad..

Diapers in our new world of AI and abundance

Now that AI is supposed to do all our jobs, we will have an abundance of everything, and still read new about labor shortages and supply problems..

Diapers have improved some, from those described earlier here. Tape-on all-in-one disposables are very convenient compared to old times cloth and plastic covers.

Many of the best disposables have disappeared, or become bad, due to cloth-like outer cover and being too thin. But there are good options, still available.

I like the Drylife Super a lot, they are just the right thickness, fit very well, good absorbency tat can be used to it absolute max capacity. A good diaper. If you can find it, outside of UK, seems to be some sort of supply problems, and they do not sell direct out of UK.

Betterdry is my other preference. They are nice and thick, too thick for normal day wear? Not really, with slightly loose pants, they are not obvious. And they do not need a booster.

Tena Slip Active Maxi, or Ultima, are good alternatives for a thin and discreet diaper. They can be used with a booster, to get perfect thickness.

Right now I find cloth rectangles, fluffy, with plastic tie-on cover to be quite nice to wear. As long as there are few accidents.. Because they do not feel so nice when overly wet, and then there is the work with washing and such, so best if I usually can avoid wetting. But they sure are nice to wear.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Constantlydamp and Blekyss
A cold day memory

We were going skiing, the whole family. And it was a cold day. Everyone gathered in the kitchen, packing and getting ready. Don't remember my exact age, assume around early 5.

There was this question about how to keep warm. I was small, so what to do, to dress me up for this day. What happened if I wet my pants.

Eventually, the idea had to be brought up. I should wear a diaper. To keep warm. And would be very nice if there was an accident, not of the bone-breaking sort, rather a wet one. A diaper. Just in case.

The diaper was presented, a disposable, rectangular diaper, to me it appeared huge. Just put this on, and be warm today.

About every possible argument was presented for the case of the diaper. It would keep me warm, no one could tell, would prevent a disaster if I wet, it was just-in-case.

No way I was wearing this. Because having learned, from the same people that now suggested I wear diaper, that diapers were for babies that wet their pants, I could not wear diapers because I was a big boy now.

So no diaper. I do not remember how this day proceeded, I can not remember being cold, and I do not remember anything about having an accident, so I suppose it all went well, even without the diaper.

• Thinking
Back