Do you wear an obvious diaper in public?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've been in diapers since the beginning. When I was a kid, everyone knew. Mostly because my mom diapered me with a quality diaper (absorbing ability). As I got older and went to school, I realized others would know. Especially when I got to middle school. I just wasn't very good at hiding them. By the time I started to jr. high and high school, I even tried using pull-ups. That never worked (heavy wetter). Beside, most already knew. But still, I tried to wear better clothing that would cover my diaper.

As an adult, I typically wear a good diaper (plastic backed Abena L4) and when I know that I won't be able to change, I'll add a booster. I use a variety of boosters and when I'm getting ready for bed I'll use NS Eternadry contour booster. But during the day it becomes harder to hide them. Even with appropriate clothing. Using enough of absorption probably means a double regular booster. I don't really like using the Eternadry booster during the day but sometimes I just have to. Then I simply use compression shorts with baggy pants. That's not perfect but it works.

To be honest, I haven't had any comments. When I was in school? Don't remind me. Today I'm fairly comfortable about wearing my diaper. Like I said, no one says anything. They might suspect but most adults respect IC people. Little kids? Sometimes they can't help it.

Do you wear a fairly thick diaper during the day (because you're a heavy wetter)? Have you ever been commented on it? Or do you simply don't care?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion, maxgood, Binky151 and 8 others
Like you I wear Abena L4 (plastic version) + booster pad
I wear that during the day & sleeping
I used to be nervous about it but you literally can't tell. I have a good system
After diapering up I fold the top inch down so nothing pokes out. Over top of that I wear boxer briefs
they hold everything in place
then my jeans
followed by a tall Tshirt to cover up my waistline.
People are so focused on their own lives they arnt going around seeing if you have a diaper on. No one has ever said anything nor do I think anyone will.

if I have to do a task where my shirt might right up I make sure that I tuck it in first

but even with the thickness of Abena with booster pad you couldn't tell I was wearing.

Reactions: Ortler, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I always try to be as discreet as possible. At home I will wear as thin of one as possible, if it's a day that requires me to even wear. When I go out I've worn, what I think are pretty thick, BetterDry/XP5000/BeDry/Incontrol Elite Hybrid/Megamax diapers before. I will wear a size too big jeans and a shirt tucked in. No one, to my knowledge, has been the wiser.

The only time I know someone knew was when I was traveling with my family and I ripped a megamax tape in a McDonald's bathroom when we stopped for lunch and a bathroom break.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Only time I’ve had a comment is when I’ve been bum patted

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Constantlydamp, Canadianfalls, Edgewater and 3 others
NappiedTruckDriver said:
Is that normal in the UK? Sure isn't on the other side of the big puddle!

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
NappiedTruckDriver said:
who patts the bum of a grown adult? 🧐

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diapertoddler, Edgewater and Diprs2
greatlake5 said:
I've been in diapers since the beginning. When I was a kid, everyone knew. Mostly because my mom diapered me with a quality diaper (absorbing ability). As I got older and went to school, I realized others would know. Especially when I got to middle school. I just wasn't very good at hiding them. By the time I started to jr. high and high school, I even tried using pull-ups. That never worked (heavy wetter). Beside, most already knew. But still, I tried to wear better clothing that would cover my diaper.

As an adult, I typically wear a good diaper (plastic backed Abena L4) and when I know that I won't be able to change, I'll add a booster. I use a variety of boosters and when I'm getting ready for bed I'll use NS Eternadry contour booster. But during the day it becomes harder to hide them. Even with appropriate clothing. Using enough of absorption probably means a double regular booster. I don't really like using the Eternadry booster during the day but sometimes I just have to. Then I simply use compression shorts with baggy pants. That's not perfect but it works.

To be honest, I haven't had any comments. When I was in school? Don't remind me. Today I'm fairly comfortable about wearing my diaper. Like I said, no one says anything. They might suspect but most adults respect IC people. Little kids? Sometimes they can't help it.

Do you wear a fairly thick diaper during the day (because you're a heavy wetter)? Have you ever been commented on it? Or do you simply don't care?
Like you, I sometimes use boosters to get through a long day without changing. I don't know if anyone noticed; no one has ever said anything.

I think strangers aren't paying attention, acquaintances are polite, and friends respect you. Whatever the case, nothing will generally be said. Although we got off to a rough start, I have come to believe you're the sort of person whom people naturally like and admire, and who is going to comment about that sort of person's underwear? I think you're good to go.

SparkyDog said:
who patts the bum of a grown adult? 🧐
Who pats the bum of a child? Better be a mom....

• Love
I feel like I was a bit obvious today accidentally. I wore leggings that I thought were too opaque to see through. Plain white diaper with no other underwear under black leggings lol. Not my smartest idea. My top was also a bit short and definitely didn't fully cover up the diaper area, that I didn't mind too much. When I caught a look at myself in the light of the bathroom I felt very self conscious until I got home. I could definitely see a diaper outline. I'm glad it was a short trip lol.

• Wow
Reactions: diaperdude, Jk95, Edgewater and 3 others
PadPhilosopher said:
Is that normal in the UK? Sure isn't on the other side of the big puddle!
Nope

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Aimeesaurus said:
I feel like I was a bit obvious today accidentally. I wore leggings that I thought were too opaque to see through. Plain white diaper with no other underwear under black leggings lol. Not my smartest idea. My top was also a bit short and definitely didn't fully cover up the diaper area, that I didn't mind too much. When I caught a look at myself in the light of the bathroom I felt very self conscious until I got home. I could definitely see a diaper outline. I'm glad it was a short trip lol.
Leggings don't hide diapers at all
if anything they highlight the diaper area

Reactions: diaperwoody, Truckerguy, Edgewater and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
Yep, that was definitely a mistake! I thought I could get away with it as it diaper was fresh and not bulging yet. Plus when I checked the mirror before I left the house I couldn't see the diaper lol. It might've just been harsh lighting in that bathroom. That's what I'm gonna tell myself lol. I'm so glad I was in and out of the shop fast, I can't deal with being judged by people in public!

• Wow
Reactions: diaperdude, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
SparkyDog said:
Under a skirt they can be valuable compression, but alone, pretty obvious.

Reactions: JolandaH, Edgewater, DiaperDiva and 1 other person
PadPhilosopher said:
Under a skirt they can be valuable compression, but alone, pretty obvious.

Oh jeez I'm going all red now. :( I'm too used to wearing leggings when I'm not padded lol. I'm so bad at this!

Aimeesaurus said:
I didn't mind too much.
In deed, there is a different between an exhibitionist and an IC person who prefers privacy.

Reactions: Edgewater, Aimeesaurus and PadPhilosopher
Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
greatlake5 said:
Thanks, appreciate it. I know better now I suppose. I'll take it as a learning experience. Jeans or longer top next time for sure!

Aimeesaurus said:
I'll take it as a learning experience.
We have plenty of DL members who read or post here on the IC forum. Some of them are our friends. Everyone is welcomed. 🫠As for your clothing when diapered, just wear what is comfortable (and secured). I think you can wear just about anything you want. My partner (who is not IC or ABDL),
she loves sundresses, shorts with tops and any other appropriate clothing. If you are wearing a diaper, I might suggest something that isn't too tight?
Enjoy your kink🫠

Reactions: maxgood, Edgewater, RestrainU4Me and 2 others
Aimeesaurus said:
Oh jeez I'm going all red now. :( I'm too used to wearing leggings when I'm not padded lol. I'm so bad at this!
Don't fret
We are all here to learn together

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
My family and close friends are more worried about people being able to detect that I'm wearing a diaper than I am.

Reactions: bedwetterdavid, RedStripeLvr, PrincessKaylee and 2 others
Back