Do you wear an obvious diaper in public?

Aimeesaurus said:
I feel like I was a bit obvious today accidentally. I wore leggings that I thought were too opaque to see through. Plain white diaper with no other underwear under black leggings lol. Not my smartest idea. My top was also a bit short and definitely didn't fully cover up the diaper area, that I didn't mind too much. When I caught a look at myself in the light of the bathroom I felt very self conscious until I got home. I could definitely see a diaper outline. I'm glad it was a short trip lol.
they have different black colors in legging s and tights. Wear like you did and maybe a dance panty or control panty over your leggingsto hold diaper in place. Prevail makes a unisex med blue or black, pullup diaper.

• Sad
Reactions: Aimeesaurus and PadPhilosopher
Yeah luckly i dress mostly in shorts, but i can see that tights would maybe see through and that could be seen if your toop was short enough.

But as stated above there are diapers in black, even megamax make black ones, i have some in the closet myself for occasions where a black diaper may be less noticable...

But in all reality noone prob noticed. Most might think it was a white granny pantie or control type of panties you were sporting.

But, also i know that there are a lot of 100% opaque tights/leggings that might be a better choice, i know they are quite often sold for dancing and alike and meant to cover anything you might wear underneth them.

Also could wear a pair of larger panties over the diaper before the tights too and that would mitigate or conceal the white diaper.

I'd say though that best bet would be to get thicker more opaque tights and/or a black diaper.
Hope you find a solution that fits your needs

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
I think the one I'm wearing now is going to be noticable soon. So yes I wear noticably thick diapers.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
@Fireball44 & @Bigbabybret I've learned my lesson from that day lol. If I'm wearing with leggings in future I'll make sure I'm also wearing a long flowy top over them. That's the easiest solution. I was thinking of wearing more dresses in general actually. They cover up a diaper really well. The only way anybody would know is if they were perving on me!

I'm also generally wearing a pair of boyshorts over my diaper but I didn't that day. They cover it up quite well mostly!

Reactions: BWAron, Bigbabybret and PadPhilosopher
This concept seems cliche to me. If you have no medical issue and are hiding dl status, then fine do extra to cover. But for actual users for need, yes they probably have an obvious diaper for obvious reasons. I don't need them but when I'm in public around those I don't have any connection with, im pretty open. My coworkers, mom, and father in law on the other hand, im discrete. Nobody hides a cast on a broken arm. Or a patch over stitches on their leg. You gotta open up to the situation at hand.

• Thinking
Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion, Teddy02 and PadPhilosopher
I wear it 24/7 and in most places I’ve been to most people don’t know or care. Of course I take all necessary precautions of wearing not very form fitting clothes that are a little bigger and do not advertise wearing it. With that said there is one place they seemed to be caring and judgmental and that was at a hotel in Montgomery, AL and it was a young guest and mother that were making disparaging remarks. I just shrugged it off and chalked it up to being where I was

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion and PadPhilosopher
Mapboy said:
I wear it 24/7 and in most places I’ve been to most people don’t know or care. Of course I take all necessary precautions of wearing not very form fitting clothes that are a little bigger and do not advertise wearing it. With that said there is one place they seemed to be caring and judgmental and that was at a hotel in Montgomery, AL and it was a young guest and mother that were making disparaging remarks. I just shrugged it off and chalked it up to being where I was
Abalama is.......... an interesting place. Been there lots of times. Nice for the most part.

JunkyardDog1 said:
This concept seems cliche to me. If you have no medical issue and are hiding dl status, then fine do extra to cover. But for actual users for need, yes they probably have an obvious diaper for obvious reasons.
I find little reason that my diaper should be obvious in most situations, even though i wear for medical need. I wear a Megamax daily, which is actually a pretty discreet diaper as long as it's mostly dry, and I change it if it gets to the point of swelling up.

I prefer to share only those details of my health situation that I choose. I have an ileostomy, but I don't wear one of those shirts that says, "I'm pooping here..." with an arrow pointing at the stoma location, because it's not really anybody else's business how my body gets rid of waste. Same thing with my incontinence, or for that matter my clinical depression, my interstitial cystitis, or my chronic liver disease. Many of my friends and acquaintances know about various of my conditions, but few know my entire health picture because it's just not something that's important for most people to know.

That said, if someone spots my ostomy bag, I'm not especially embarrassed by it. If someone learns that I am on the liver transplant list, I'm happy to discuss that with them. I haven't ever had anyone outside of the medical profession ask about my diaper, but if someone does I expect I'll be willing to discuss my incontinence with them.

I will say that incontinence is the one condition that I havent discussed with anyone apart from my wife, my medical team, and one very close friend. The fact that I'm very open about my ikeostomy, but very private about my incontinence, leads me to conclude that the incontinence stigma is alive and well.

Reactions: Pino, PadPhilosopher and slimjiminy
ltaluv said:
the incontinence stigma is alive and well.
As you have noted, many people have various illnesses, injuries or perhaps a birth defect. The general population has no idea unless someone has an obvious problem (wheel chairs, crutches, blind etc.). I think anyone who knows that another person who has their issues, the majority try to be respectful. It's the rare few people who comment when it's not appropriate.

Being a profoundly incontinent person (since the beginning), like you, I don't share my personal (and private) incontinence. Beside my family, my partner and a select close friends, nobody really knows. Sure, there might be a few who suspect but I simply ignore them if they say something.
It wasn't that way when I was a kid (which I'd rather not remember). For the most part, despite my incontinence, I consider myself as a successful, healthy and friendly man. Yes, IC stigma is still alive and well. I don't consider my diaper as "obvious." At least I hope so. If someone likes to make fun of anyone who is different, fuck them.

• Love
Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion and PadPhilosopher
greatlake5 said:
I've been in diapers since the beginning. When I was a kid, everyone knew. Mostly because my mom diapered me with a quality diaper (absorbing ability). As I got older and went to school, I realized others would know. Especially when I got to middle school. I just wasn't very good at hiding them. By the time I started to jr. high and high school, I even tried using pull-ups. That never worked (heavy wetter). Beside, most already knew. But still, I tried to wear better clothing that would cover my diaper.

As an adult, I typically wear a good diaper (plastic backed Abena L4) and when I know that I won't be able to change, I'll add a booster. I use a variety of boosters and when I'm getting ready for bed I'll use NS Eternadry contour booster. But during the day it becomes harder to hide them. Even with appropriate clothing. Using enough of absorption probably means a double regular booster. I don't really like using the Eternadry booster during the day but sometimes I just have to. Then I simply use compression shorts with baggy pants. That's not perfect but it works.

To be honest, I haven't had any comments. When I was in school? Don't remind me. Today I'm fairly comfortable about wearing my diaper. Like I said, no one says anything. They might suspect but most adults respect IC people. Little kids? Sometimes they can't help it.

Do you wear a fairly thick diaper during the day (because you're a heavy wetter)? Have you ever been commented on it? Or do you simply don't care?
I try not to, I'd like to think that I've gotten better over the years, and products have improved. At one time my only choice was tranquility atn or the Abena m4/l4. Now I have options for absorbency and thickness. 19 yrs ago I never considered onesies for adults.

As for being called out, yep! Heard waddle waddle, quack quack, mommy why is, etc.. but a quick mind and an even sharper tongue usually ends that quite quickly... Except for that one time the cashier actually defended the crackhead and I just pointed out that prison was time... Lifted my shirt exposing my waistband and the top tapes, calmly said this is a death sentence. Paid for my tall can and walked out..

Last edited:
Back