Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

Does this outfit look "little" to you?

I simply see someone enjoying Halloween clothing. Give zero shits what anyone else thinks.

Reactions: princessarya
princessarya said:
Like if you saw a grown ass adult wearing this in public, would you automatically associate them as someone who identified as a little? Personally I just think it's super cute and matches my style, but I don't need to put my little side on full display when I leave my house

If you are a female, then I would say it will probably be okay. If you are a male, you might get some negative attention actually. There is a double standard there though, if you ask me. Girls / women can get away with acting like a child much more though. If you have a particular developmental disability called Autism, like I do, and you are a male, good luck. Autistic males (and to some extent, Autistic females) are held to a higher standard than even so called "normal" nonautistic people. A nonautistic person would be more understood if they dressed like a child and carried stuffed animals around than an Autistic person. The stigma of being Autistic is amazing. Even having Down Syndrome or Williams Syndrome would put you on a higher level on the social pecking order. I have seen girls (or should I say, women, even) with Down Syndrome who can get away with wearing childish clothes and I've seen more than a couple of Down Syndrome adult females in my life wearing children's Mary Jane shoes. Of course, many Down Syndrome people have smaller sized feet, and so might have to wear "children's shoes". But if an Autistic person did that, even if they had a small sized foot, they would most definitely get judged by the public. I have a friend who is now almost in her early 60s that I've known since high school (as she was an aide in the Special Ed department, in the Special Day class; she's 13 years older than me). At any rate, she is 5 feet 2 inches tall. Intellectually, she is maybe like a 10 or 11 year old, as she said herself to me. She doesn't have Down Syndrome or Autism or anything else. She is just mildly intellectually disabled. She has worn children's overalls like Oshkosh B'Gosh and definitely can get away with that. She has an adult friend with Down Syndrome that also worn children's Mary Janes in the past (now in her 50s). Of course, the friend is only 4 feet 6 inches tall, but even if you are child sized, there are more "mature" looking shoes than Mary Janes. But no problem, of course. But take someone like my friend in Idaho who has Autism (who isn't even an adult baby) and he got comments about his Tigger overalls like "a little too early for Halloween, isn't it?". I have Classic Autism and ADHD, and I'm emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old, and that is the consensus of nearly everyone who knows me - from my former college instructors, to my relatives, to my nonautistic friends, to even my friends with Autism who are emotionally and socially like 12 year olds, to my parents, to child development college professors, to my few ex-employers I have had (and I got terminated from ALL of those few jobs I did have, at a maximum of 3 months).

I am emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old. My mom understands that and can see that. And she agrees that I am like a 4 1/2 year old. Unfortunately, she also thinks that just because I act like a 4 1/2 year old, through NO FAULT of my own (and not purposely acting like a 4 1/2 year old), that doesn't mean that I should necessarily dress like a 4 year old. I have worn dressy overalls (called "long-alls" by parents in the Deep South like in places like Alabama) and T strap shoes to my local county park, especially since my mental health spiraled downhill after COVID 19 quarantine started happening and I couldn't even say to any of my friends I had before COVID 19 for almost 2 years. But my mom totally refuses to let me wear those clothes / shoes to my local community college (although the college wouldn't have a problem with it, actually) or to restaurants or anywhere else. I would understand, maybe, if my mom disallowed me to wear those clothes at a family gathering at a restaurant or something. But when I am going somewhere with only my dad (who seems to be a little bit more tolerant on this, as occasionally he snuck me to other places wearing that without my mom's knowledge) or when I'm just alone by myself at my local community college or somewhere else, or eating lunch with my former math instructor friend from my community college that I have known 30 years, I don't see why it would even be an issue. I think it may partly have to do with the fact my parents are of Asian background, and because they were, they think children (of any age, even adult children) should obey everything their parents tell them to. I don't think it's even my parents; it's the entire Asian culture (whether Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Indian, or Vietnamese). They also tend to treat their adult children like children. I've seen this in so many Asian families. I know 27 year olds with Autism who are Filipino whose moms hardly allow them to go on a short trip 40 miles away with some friends who have Autism. I'm not Filipino, but I'm just saying. Western parenting is totally different than Asian parenting. I don't know how many stories of toxic Asian parents I have read on the internet; it seems to be an extremely common experience even with normal nonautistic second generation Asian Americans who were born in America. Odd in a way that my parents are so overprotective of me, although not as extreme to some Filipino parents. I mean, it's odd that they "baby" me and treat me like a child and want to be domineering, yet have a problem with me wearing "children's clothing". You would think that they would have been overjoyed to have me wear that stuff since they want to treat me like a child. I'm in my late 40s and I'm at the point where I don't have adult rights, but I don't have child rights either. It's worse than being an actual 3 year old! I would actually have more privileges or rights if I was actually a 3 or 4 year old, and I remember being 3 years old, and I had more rights at that age. My brother who isn't even Autistic, thinks the same thing too. He feels that I have less rights and privileges than my 7 and 11 year old nephews do. I've personally known nonautistic 8 year olds who have gone on an airplane alone to visit their grandparents in other states, yet my parents won't even let me visit nonautistic friends in North Carolina (I'm from the West Coast) because they are afraid that someone might take advantage of me or put drugs into my carry on bag without me knowing. Unbelievable. Funny they never worried about me that much when I was away living in a college apartment dorm 100 miles away from home when I went to university. I was there 3 years. The last and final year I was there, I came home for maybe about one time a month for about 2 days, 95% of the time I was at the university. I often went by bus to a nearby city 15 miles away and never had problems - and the crime rate there wasn't exactly low or stellar. For all they know I could have taken a Greyhound bus and could have traveled 4 hours away to somewhere else (I never did, but I'm just saying). I had a friend who was 20 and I was 29 then and he could drive and we went many places - even 2 hours away - in his truck. Of course, he was a responsible and mature 20 year old, and didn't have Autism, so maybe my parents trusted him.

- longallsboy

princessarya said:
Like if you saw a grown ass adult wearing this in public, would you automatically associate them as someone who identified as a little? Personally I just think it's super cute and matches my style, but I don't need to put my little side on full display when I leave my house

Also, about my Autism....I actually probably could get medical marijuana. People say it helps with anger issues in Autism and helps them sleep better too. But what happens, if like in my case, you are angry because of how you are treated terribly or if you are bullied constantly, even on the internet, by a bunch of mean bullies from Oregon?? (I'm not physically from Oregon nor live there, thankfully, that's one blessing, although things aren't that much better in my state, but better). Wouldn't being angry be actually understandable? Wouldn't even a normal person be angry or pissed off if they were called terrible names? Strangely the worst bullies I've met were all from the Portland and Astoria area of Portland. Maybe THEY should take cannabis, not me. In contrast, I've been to South Carolina several times and I've never been called the R word there because I have Autism, and I've never been bullied nor made fun of because I like the longall look or T strap shoes, or collect vintage children's sized T strap shoes (which I obviously can't wear as I am not child sized) or long-alls. When I go to children's clothing consignment stores, or children's clothing stores, that sell new long-alls even, in the Carolinas, the store people are so kind to me and go out of their way to show me what they have. There is no doubt on the West Coast that I would not be treated anywhere near as nice. Maybe it's these bullies in Oregon that should take cannabis. I also don't know why the left wingers always pride themselves on being understanding of differences and diversity and disability, because at least in my experiences, at least the way I was treated by them, they don't seem to practice what they preach. Moving to the Carolinas as soon as I can and good riddance.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
princessarya said:
As long as it’s in October I don’t think anyone will think anything of it

Reactions: princessarya
Diaperboy27 said:
As long as it’s in October I don’t think anyone will think anything of it

October is one thing, but what if someone wants to wear something "babyish" the rest of the year?? Maybe people shouldn't give a damn about what others think. You only get to live once, unless you think you'll be reincarnated. Life is short enough already, and as one of my friends with Autism (who isn't an adult baby) said, who gives a rat's a double s about what others think?? For example, my life is going to be short enough as it is. It's not like I get a redo over with my life. As long as you aren't doing anything unlawful or totally indecent, or totally against the law like criminal, I could care less what you do or what anyone does. Maybe some people have too much time on their hands.

- longallsboy

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Back