For those that were bedwetters growing up...when did it become embarrassing?

Bryle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
For those that were bedwetters growing up at what age did it become embarrassing? And at what age did wearing diapers or pull-ups for it become embarrassing?

For me, I wasn’t really embarrassed about it till after7. I would go to sleepovers with friends and not think twice about my diapers. Just curious about others.

Reactions: KBoy and Lyric
It pretty much became embarrassing from the start. Never attended any sleepovers because I was too embarrassed about wearing diapers and wetting the bed.

Did your friends care or said anything ?

FastBlackRX7 said:
Did your friends care or said anything ?
No. But I think my mom was really careful about who I did sleepovers with.

Bryle said:
No. But I think my mom was really careful about who I did sleepovers with.
Yeah, that's cool.
I didn't want to remotely risk it.
Guess you have more guts/thicker skin than I did. HAHA

FastBlackRX7 said:
Yeah, that's cool.
I didn't want to remotely risk it.
Guess you have more guts/thicker skin than I did. HAHA
Haha I guess. It really didn’t bother me in the least at that young age.

Oh I think around age 10
when I was the last one in my friend group to have issues

Bryle said:
Haha I guess. It really didn’t bother me in the least at that young age.
Good for you.

SparkyDog said:
Oh I think around age 10
when I was the last one in my friend group to have issues
Did you wear pull-ups or diapers to sleepovers and all your friends had already stopped?

I don't know if any of my friends had that problem, never bothered to ask, never went on any sleepovers, and I wore actual diapers.

Bryle said:
Did you wear pull-ups or diapers to sleepovers and all your friends had already stopped?
goodnites didn't exist at that age
but sleep overs were quite rare
but the occasional one I'd just change in the bathroom

I started to wet the bed around age 9, so for me, I was embarrassed as soon as I started wetting the bed. My parents got me diapers to wear at night when I started to wet the bed.

BabyDenise said:
I started to wet the bed around age 9, so for me, I was embarrassed as soon as I started wetting the bed. My parents got me diapers to wear at night when I started to wet the bed.
Wow started at 9? I bet that was rough. Did u diaper yourself of your parents help you?

I would say around age ten. I didn’t have any sleepovers and I mostly stopped wetting at night around age eleven so my embarrassment only lasted about a year.

I became incontinent as a teenager that is when my nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting) started and felt so embarrassed being back in diapers 24/7.

I was a bedwetter and put in tape on diapers till I was 8-10. I don't ever remember being embarrassed about it since I just grew up with it so it felt normal. And when eventually I was potty trained, I just stopped wearing diapers during the day and continued wearing them at night. Granted this was a while ago so I could just not be remembering being embarrassed.

I don't think I really had too many sleep overs until I stopped wetting the bed. Not sure if this was because of my bedwetting or just how things happened to have worked out though.

Last edited:
Probably around 10 until I stopped at 13, it was most nights and was most difficult on the end of primary school camping trips

teachers at my school used to tell me I stink. they used to put me in another room, unless I used the staff showers, or I changed my clothes (I missed out on a few school trips for this)

one lunchtime, one of my teachers (who also really stank by the way) commented to me that she could smell something. Now this woman.. I don't think she has ever showered in her life, so I'm thinking oh, she's finally cracked it- she can smell herself- and when I came closer to her, she rushed me in to the bathroom and was like it's you emily. sheesh. where's your diaper. is there a clean one in your school bag?

let's just say I was pissing nonstop for about 15 minutes on everything possible

It became embarrassing when my mother verbally abused me and shamed me for wetting my bed. I've lived with that shame all my adult life, trying to process it, until recently.

• Sad
Reactions: Hemix, diaperkool and TigerDL
We had my cousin’s family come to stay with us when I was seven, they were six and four. I was still wearing diapers to bed and thought it was normal. When they found I was wearing them they laughed at me. That was when I first became embarrassed and started trying to stay dry at night.

I was more embarrassed when they came two years later. I did not wear a diaper and I wet the bed.

Back