Gardening.

Cut both front and back lawns (mostly dandelion chopping ) also weeded around some shrubs
Brought a blue flowered Hydrangea plant today so we now have a pink, white and blue ones
Tomatoes coming on good as well

• Wow
Reactions: PaddedRita and Angelapinks
Everything been blooming pretty good since I last posted here ! We been in a drought condition for a couple months now . But we are tickle to see everything looking fairly good yet !
Saturday I did get an 1 & 1/2 inches of a down poor that did help a little, it sure beats that city water !!!

Attachments

• Day Lillie’s 2023.jpg
    Day Lillie’s 2023.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Hollyhocks.jpg
    Hollyhocks.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Yucca plants blooming  2023.jpg
    Yucca plants blooming 2023.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Wild Combines 2023.jpg
    Wild Combines 2023.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Brumas94, dogboy and Angelapinks
Rita said:
Everything been blooming pretty good since I last posted here ! We been in a drought condition for a couple months now . But we are tickle to see everything looking fairly good yet !
Saturday I did get an 1 & 1/2 inches of a down poor that did help a little, it sure beats that city water !!!
I have some Columbines with deep purple flowers but they don't bloom for very long and then the flowers get very leggy and die off. I love the Yucca plants but do not have any room for them in my garden.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedRita
Every time I get excited about planting flowers, the deer come and eat them down to the ground. I'm enjoying your pictures however.

We been kind of slacking off lately ! Have too get out and weed the garden very SOON !!!

So tickle to see our Calla Lillies blooming !! One of my favorite colored Day Lillies are just starting to Blooming ! Even have a Red Cherry Tomato now ! Not going be very long we will be having BLTs & Salsa !! " YUMMY " - Just thinking about them !!

Attachments

• Roma Tomatoes.jpg
    Roma Tomatoes.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Early Girl Tomatoes.jpg
    Early Girl Tomatoes.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1st Grape Tomato.jpg
    1st Grape Tomato.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Red Day Lillies.jpg
    Red Day Lillies.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0
  • Calla Lillies 2023.jpg
    Calla Lillies 2023.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: dogboy
So far I have lost my Walla Walla onion crop and had to re plant. That was my fault.

I had to re plant the corn though and put up the *(*^&*(%**&^ Squirrel Barrier.

I did harvest my first batch of oyster mushrooms Monday.

I have also started open warfare with the *)*)*&^%&(* gophers also. Three sonic probes in the garden area, placed closer then suggested. If that does not stop them then ON the 4th of July I resort to smoke bombs and "large" Fire crackers.

• Sad
Reactions: PaddedRita and dogboy
egor said:
So far I have lost my Walla Walla onion crop and had to re plant. That was my fault.

I had to re plant the corn though and put up the *(*^&*(%**&^ Squirrel Barrier.

I did harvest my first batch of oyster mushrooms Monday.

I have also started open warfare with the *)*)*&^%&(* gophers also. Three sonic probes in the garden area, placed closer then suggested. If that does not stop them then ON the 4th of July I resort to smoke bombs and "large" Fire crackers.

egor - So Sorry to hear that,don't feel left out !
Our Carrots didn't do anything also !! We even replanted them still they didn't come up !
On a good note, everything else is looking Great so far ????:)

I plan on having garden next year from an existing garden any tips on what to do or how to do it? All the over growth needs to be pulled. Do I spray for weeds? Do I mix peatmoss in? When is the best time to plant the veggie seeds? Do I need to get a starter pack and start growing sometime in March?

Last edited:
Just lately your Purple Laitris / Blazing Stars are just started blooming !
Did have a couple tomatoes just about ready BUT some Furry Fuzzy Critter got to them before us !!!!

Attachments

• 01 Purple Liatris 2023.jpg
    01 Purple Liatris 2023.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 02 Purple Liatris 2023.jpg
    02 Purple Liatris 2023.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 03 Purple Liatris 2023.jpg
    03 Purple Liatris 2023.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: dogboy
EagleBoy said:
I plan on having garden next year from an existing garden any tips on what to do or how to do it? All the over growth needs to be pulled. Do I spray for weeds? Do I mix peatmoss in? When is the best time to plant the veggie seeds? Do I need to get a starter pack and start growing sometime in March?
Hello.

IMO, clear the area as best you can. Depending on where you live, use a rototiller to turn and aerate the soil. I would let it stand for about 14 to 21 days then till it again. Buy a soil test kit and fallow the directions to find the Ph, Nitrogen, Potassium and phosphorus levels in the soil. That will give you the best idea of what needs to be added. Planting is totally dependent on the region you live in.

So start from here and if there are any more questions let us know.

Egor

Harvested my first batch of wine cap mushrooms and made a great Shrimp with mushroom sauce linguini Saturday night. Did my morning spraying of the Oyster mushrooms and there was nothing noticeable . Then I did the evening spraying and there are two clusters of mushrooms. It is surprising how fast they grow.

So far we been kind of bless with timely rains !! Everything look pretty decent !! But the little tiny fuzzycritter been munching on our ripe tomatoes before we can :cry: !!
A big plus, our water bill has drop back to normal now 😊 !

Reactions: ianwee
Been harvesting sugar peas and green beans non-stop. Have a few zucchinis and cucumbers coming along now. Also have a few pumpkins growing. Harvested radishes and replanted. Onions need to come out of the ground very soon. Wildflowers are blooming well, sunflowers starting to open. Corn is short, tasseling, but no silk. Don't know what to do about that...

Llayden said:
Been harvesting sugar peas and green beans non-stop. Have a few zucchinis and cucumbers coming along now. Also have a few pumpkins growing. Harvested radishes and replanted. Onions need to come out of the ground very soon. Wildflowers are blooming well, sunflowers starting to open. Corn is short, tasseling, but no silk. Don't know what to do about that...
This year is the first when our zucchinis have sprouted, last evening we ate our first onion, there is nothing better than young tender small onions. But this year is not for apples here, all are rotten in the tree and frozen april and may killed my appricot.

egro
So Tickle to see this topic active again !!!

We just pick a couple nice size Tomatoes and some green beans before it rain yesterday !
Our garden is still looking pretty good still ! That 4 inch rain we got not to long ago really help out and my water bill LOL !! Looking forward on having our 1st BLTs tonight !! :giggle:

Attachments

• 1st of  2023 Tomatoes & Green Beans.jpg
    1st of 2023 Tomatoes & Green Beans.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Roma Tomatoes (2).jpg
    Roma Tomatoes (2).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Garden Mid July 2023.jpg
    Garden Mid July 2023.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: alpacad and egor
Harvested the first batch of Snow Peas yesterday.

• Love
egor said:
Harvested the first batch of Snow Peas yesterday.
Been harvesting non-stop. TOO MANY PEAS!! Hahaha! The Green beans are producing non-stop as well now.

Got delayed and harvest the second batch of snow peas yesterday. I had run out a few days earlier and picked a small bowl full for stirfry. But a picked a medium sized box filled with snow peas and took them over to neighbor.

Having a hard time working out in the garden. My back is just causing me fits, and what ever these tunnel demons are, that are not scared by sonic mole traps, that do not make one tunnel but evidently criss cross them, are part of the problem. What was once smooth ground now gives way for a two inch drop if I step in the right spot, which cause a near fall and I back misery when I catch my balance

I have never had a garden, nor do I know anything about gardening, but I have always liked the idea of having and taking care of a garden. When i get my own place, that is one of the things I want to try as a little project to work on.

Back