Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

New Diaper Day

PTSDSurvivor413

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys! Very new to dealing with UIC. Physical and emotional aspects of wearing. But this community is amazing and the support so far has been great!

Tykables so far has been my favorite. They are comfy, secure and supportive. But I’m searching for a cheaper diaper for times I know I can change sooner to save money.

Abena L4 came this morning before I got out of bed. Changed into that one to start the day. So much more discrete which is a win. Not as comfy and I’m having a hard time readjusting them when needed since they have to go on the same blue tape. But that was only an issue when I needed to take them off to have a BM. So we shall see how they do!

Have a blessed day guys!

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Abena L4 was ok. Think if I continue using these I need to set like a 2-3 hour change alarm so I don’t have an accident like I did. But I have more to sample!

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I've been using plastic backed Abena. Usually I need to change around 4 hours. If I'm unable to change when I leave for the day I'll add a booster. For sleeping I add the same booster (Eternadry contour booster [2XL -27" x 10.5"] along with some plastic pants (I'm a heavy wetter). I used to wear Confidry 24/7 until they stopped making them. You shouldn't worry about how thicker padding as long you're a girl and can wear skirts. Me? A skirt? That's funny. I just use compression shorts under my pants. That usually works.

Reactions: Diprs2, PTSDSurvivor413 and PadPhilosopher
I wear every night of the year to bed because of bedwetting. But I'm also a "diaper lover" and I wear during the day for pleasure sometimes. I saw you mentioning taking a diaper off to do BM and I've been pulling down adult diapers for years when I'm wearing for pleasure because I don't want number 2 most of the time, and removing the tapes is always a pain.

So I just wanted to mention that one can put on a taped diaper (rather snuggly), and if you shimmy it down by pushing the top down and pushing it down like underwear, you don't have to remove it. In other words, put the diaper on, wait until you have an urge to do a number two, then pull it down and do your business, then shimmy it back up, making sure to push the leg gatherings back up close to ones body. That saves the tapes and there's no readjusting because one never removes the tapes.

I feel for you in needing to wear a product you don't want to wear, and I wish you nothing but the best.

I am a fan of Abena M4 for daytime use, but I'm also a daytime fan of Tranquility All Through the Nights (ATNs). I can do either for daytime wearing.

Reactions: Diprs2, maxgood, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
messydiaper said:
I wear every night of the year to bed because of bedwetting. But I'm also a "diaper lover" and I wear during the day for pleasure sometimes. I saw you mentioning taking a diaper off to do BM and I've been pulling down adult diapers for years when I'm wearing for pleasure because I don't want number 2 most of the time, and removing the tapes is always a pain.

So I just wanted to mention that one can put on a taped diaper (rather snuggly), and if you shimmy it down by pushing the top down and pushing it down like underwear, you don't have to remove it. In other words, put the diaper on, wait until you have an urge to do a number two, then pull it down and do your business, then shimmy it back up, making sure to push the leg gatherings back up close to ones body. That saves the tapes and there's no readjusting because one never removes the tapes.

I feel for you in needing to wear a product you don't want to wear, and I wish you nothing but the best.

I am a fan of Abena M4 for daytime use, but I'm also a daytime fan of Tranquility All Through the Nights (ATNs). I can do either for daytime wearing.
Thanks for the shimmy idea. I’ll try that next time. It seems like everything leaks for me except the megamax and Tykables. They fit perfectly around my thighs and I don’t leak laying down or sitting the car like I have with the two above mentioned. Will give them another go in a few weeeks. The tykable designs drive me nuts, and so does the bulk. But I have yet to leak in them which is nice!

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95, messydiaper and 1 other person
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, messydiaper and PadPhilosopher
Having U-IC/F/IC, I rarely pull on my diaper back on. No real need. My diaper is removed when it's really wet or soiled. As for comfort, I've been wearing a diaper since I was a kid. So I don't know if it's uncomfortable or not. It's just my diaper. Obviously I wear medical diapers and I don't wear abdl diapers. Just don't like the cartoon prints. Makes me somewhat silly. As for the bulk of Tykables, Abenas aren't too thick. But like any newer disposables, they get more bulge when wet. Especially when added with a good booster. As for me, it's all about need. Not thickness. I did try some cloth ones but they just didn't work for me (laundry issues with soiled). My Abena's allowed changes within 3 or 4 hours. I'm a teacher (and a guidance counselor) so I often use with my booster (Tranquility topline contour booster) during school. Of course they might be thicker but I mostly use fixation or compression shorts under my clothes. I always wear a tweed sport jacket so nobody sees them Someone might suspect but they never comment.
I'm sure most women can use a dress or skirt.
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Physical and emotional aspects of wearing.
Physical issues have already discussed. Emotional aspects, like physical, it's all about privacy and comfort. I've always been IC and I didn't really have to adjust. Newer IC people will have to adjust. My advice is to try to accept your IC. Eventually it get's better. I have a colleague who doesn't hide his diaper. He had prostate surgery. Everyone in school including teachers and staff, they love the guy. I've had a few conversations with him and admitted that I wore a diaper too. He told me to use humor with any comments or questions. I told him I prefer to stay on the down-low. He accepts my desire for privacy. it's personal. You have your own choice.

By the way, welcome for this wonderful world of ADISC. Great IC posts on our forum. Enjoy.

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
@messydiaper the shimmy down worked!!

You may want to try Rearz or BetterDry/Crinklz. Both are excellent and usually cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) than MegaMax M or Tykables, especially when on sale. The challenge is finding a fit that works for you. I have found that MegaMax is a great all day diaper for me when I am up and moving around, but Rearz seem to sit a little higher on my waist and better prevent leakage around the beltline when driving/sitting. I haven't found a disposable yet that doesn't leak overnight, but that is almost certainly due to fit. I'm kind of between sizes, so it can be tricky for me. I think over time you will find that you will keep multiple brands on hand for different scenarios. Good luck!

try total dry xplus. They fit a lot like a mega max. they stay on snug. they don't hold as much but not much does. Mega max are worth every penny. also when i need go number 2 I almost always shimmy down and back up.

I’m waiting for the total dry to come. Ordered samples!

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
That's the best way sample sample sample.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I am any similar situation to you, I am in Diapers 24 seven for mostly bladder issues. And I’ve realized that it’s important to also have some thinner diapers on hand because you don’t always need the really thick ones. Plus, I do have the occasional bowel accident so it’s important for that as well. are usually get my Diapers from Rearz/InControl Diapers. Both of these companies are out of Canada and they do ship to the US. Most of the plastic backed Diapers have a landing zone which allows you to adjust the tapes as needed. For my super thick AB/DL Diapers I get the mega safari because that’s the print that I’m into. Just a quick sidenote all their mega diapers are pretty much the same kind of thickness. The only differences really the print. For medical Diapers on the somewhat thinner side of things I go to InControl Diapers and I get the B dry di apers. And I also tend to stock up on the Tena Ultima Diapers, which are plastic backed from the UK. as far as I know, it’s the only website and all of North America that you can get these plastic backed diapers on. To me they are far superior to even. abena.

Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I would have to also suggest the incontrol BeDry line. I really like the fit and feel while also being pretty thin. The only warning I'd give on these is that they are a bit noisy if you don't wear a cover over them. The plastic backing is pretty thick and it just feels more premium for about the same price as the Abena.

I also use the incontrol active air line when I want the be the most discreet AND don't require as much volume from the BeDry's.

Tykables are great i like them a lot. being new you will find there are many different diapers out there with various price ranges. Better Dry and Crinklz are great diapers and cheaper. Look at LL Medico and Northshore. I get both my Better Dry and Crinklz from LL Medico along with my Northshore Mega Max because there is always free shipping and i get reward discounts toward purchases. since you like Tykbales also check out ABUnviverse (ABU) and Rearz. Both ABU and Rearz has amazing diapers in various styles and they offer discounts (specials) at times so get on their email mailing list. ABU i like their space and little kings. Rearz i like their lil monters, critter carboo, and barnyard. look around online. i keep a large selection of diapers for various types of activities / need.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back