Tykables Camelot New Design

Cottontail said:
I wish the characters were in diapers. I do like these multi-print diaper packs though. Variety is fun. I think ABU sort of blew it with TinyTails, creating four characters and then cramming them into one print.
I also wish that they were wearing diapers. They should have just kept the old character designs and put diapers on them

Reactions: TigerDL and Cottontail
Does this mean I won't be able to buy the old design? 😔 I used to really like tykables but the new designs give me a migraine

• Sad
Reactions: JulestheFloof, TigerDL and abdlchristian12
Crinklesounds said:
Meh! Sorry Tykables again these new designs just don't do it for me!

All the new designs that they have brought out recently, I'm afraid to say I've not bought any of them.

Just don't take me to my little head space!
At least they still have their all white diapers available called the tighty whities. Yes I know horrible name, but when I have them it won't matter what they're called at that point, won't it?

Reactions: TigerDL and Crinklesounds
That's a shame. The old ones were my favorite tykables diaper and I don't like the new ones at all. The previous version had a very nice style in my opinion that somewhow felt meaningful. The new drawings feel arbitrary. It's just some random figures that I don't care about.

Does anyone happen to have an example of the old Camelots? I've only ever been familiar with tykables unicorns.

The old Camelots designs were my all time favorite Tykables diapers. I'm not a fan of the new designs.

At least they're still plastic backed and not cloth backed. Thank goodness for that.

Reactions: theancientmariner
Reactions: yellowcrayons
I don't remember the old camelots but the new ones aren't bad. Only landing zone print works for me. Kinda like Bambino.

These were my favorite prints ever. I found a whole unopened bag of them in my attic... I guess I have one more bag left, ever. 2/4 of the prints.

1714259963199.png
1714260032370.png

• Sad
Reactions: TigerDL, jcwilliams343 and Cottontail
IMG_3481.jpgFelt this was appropriate for the occasion

• Haha
Reactions: JulestheFloof, Dragon64, Jonnythepony and 4 others
When I got a mixed case of eight bags from Tykables a while back, the first I used was the older Camelot print.

I found out that I prefer an all over print to just a landing zone print, but I might give the newer design ones a try eventually.

The print design preference is a personal choice, and I like the newer prints a little bit better. None of those other Camelot prints really appealed to me much.

theancientmariner said:
At least they still have their all white diapers available called the tighty whities. Yes I know horrible name, but when I have them it won't matter what they're called at that point, won't it?
Guess I won't be purchasing any Tykables any time soon,. Trouble is with the Tighty Whites is that you pay the same price for a plain white nappy as you do with the printed ones.

If I'm gonna do that, I'll stick with the Incontrol that's more or less a plain white nappy apart from the light Incontrol logo on the front, plus you get 12 nappies instead of ten at a cheaper price.

I actually like them 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: craigd1341, PGAFAN2008 and TexHagrid
yellowcrayons said:
Does anyone happen to have an example of the old Camelots? I've only ever been familiar with tykables unicorns.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: jcwilliams343, TigerDL and yellowcrayons
daww i like the old design more, I'd be a big fan of the blue dragon! the pastels feels more baby-ish too.

Reactions: Dragon64
It's the runes on the top and bottom of each different one, and different colors as well. The landing zone was a bit fuzzy, but no muss, we liked it that way. I hope Tykables sees this thread and does something.

Reactions: TigerDL
Crinklesounds said:
Guess I won't be purchasing any Tykables any time soon,. Trouble is with the Tighty Whites is that you pay the same price for a plain white nappy as you do with the printed ones.

If I'm gonna do that, I'll stick with the Incontrol that's more or less a plain white nappy apart from the light Incontrol logo on the front, plus you get 12 nappies instead of ten at a cheaper price.
Yea, but it's always cheaper to buy by the case. Price per pack goes gown a bit, but still expensive, and that's to be expected with companies that know their tight-niched products will be bought no matter the price. We buy them anyway.

So I actually like the new update. It feels like a nice evolution of the design, making it more vibrant while keeping the same spirit. Granted, I was born in the early 2000s, so I know my tastes in diapers are different.

I try to take a logical, thoughtful approach to topics as a whole, but all of these Tykables updates to old designs and new diaper releases make me want to hurl 🤢

I have a viscerally negative reaction to them, even before reading other people's thoughts and opinions.

I love the Tykables Unicorn design and old Camelots design, and I also love their fit, quality and absorbency.

But this art "upgrade" has thrown off the vibes for me. Everything about them is inconsistent - none of the characters are the same size, some have huge heads that look disproportionate to their body, the backgrounds and designs are incredibly plain, and the colors are super saturated. This can be pulled off well in certain diapers - look at LittlePawz cohesive style for example. But all of the designs lack cohesive elements, and feel far less infantile than most designs available to ABDLs.

It almost feels like these characters are saying "I'm a big kid, I don't need any diapers" and don't belong on the landing zone at all.

Anyway, I'm incredibly sad and disappointed. Looks like if I'm going to be buying any Tykables in the future, it's going to be strictly the Unicorns or the rare Animooz. 😩

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
First abdl nappy i had was a camelot and i have to say i preferred the old all over design .

Reactions: JulestheFloof
Back