High Capacity Pul Ups

BabyLouise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I have tried and failed with pull ups and only feel safe in diapers. There must be a high capacity (at least 2500 and preferably 3000+) pull up? Plastic backed would be a plus. I always wear plastics but still always leak in the pull ups I have tried. Any ideas?

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Seasonedcitizen, littledreamers333 and 1 other person
BabyLouise said:
I have tried and failed with pull ups and only feel safe in diapers. There must be a high capacity (at least 2500 and preferably 3000+) pull up? Plastic backed would be a plus. I always wear plastics but still always leak in the pull ups I have tried. Any ideas?
Pull ups seem to be low capacity only. However, I've had pretty good results when using a pull up one size over what I usually wear, then add a Kiddo Megabooster and have a good quality vinyl or PUL pant over.

Reactions: Edgewater
allesindie said:
The Felicity pants from incontrol should be the ones for you. I never tried them but seen the other products from incontrol eich i already testet, they cannot be bad ... https://incontroldiapers.com/felicity-super-absorbent-underwear/

It sure is funny that the S/M size is supposed to "FIT" a 22" waist. Sorry In Control, but I beg to differ. Do you really expect a preschooler to fit in this huge monstrosity??? Or are you assuming it can be used as a blanket instead?

I would like one of the ABDL diaper companies to start making ABDL pull-ups that are high capacity and I think that those ABDL pull-ups should be cloth-backed.

Reactions: Traveler, mistykitty and yellowcrayons
So, yeah there is no pullup that will work like a tape on diaper, but north shore does make a pretty absorbant pullup.

Pullups at North Shore

I have tried samples, and they will work better than any other one i've tried, but they are still not nearly as good as my goto megamax diaper.

But give them a try, they have a sample pack you can get.

• Love
Reactions: DinoFrant, depta99, Traveler and 5 others
The only pull ups I've worn that were something that could be considered high capacity were the level 3 Abena pull ups and the Northshore pull ups. Tranquility premium overnight with the appropriate booster is not bad either if you want something a little more budget friendly.

• Love
I have said before that I would love to see. Basically a high capacity diaper just put into a pull-up outer covering. That would be so awesome! I stay away from pull-ups because of their low capacities. They do work well for keeping my diaper hidden when I'm worried about the bulk but after only after one wetting it's a risk to use again.

KenworthW900b said:
The only pull ups I've worn that were something that could be considered high capacity were the level 3 Abena pull ups and the Northshore pull ups. Tranquility premium overnight with the appropriate booster is not bad either if you want something a little more budget friendly.
Do you think I could put an abena 2000ml inside the pull-up?

• Thinking
I would assume so, It's worth a shot!

There’s a number of reasons why pull ups are lower capacity, mainly the fact that the elastic in them isn’t able to support the extra stress a high capacity core would add. Adding more elastic strands could make a pull up more uncomfortable and constricting, so a balance has to be struck between the two, not to mention they’ve always been intended for lighter use anyway. If you want something heavier, you’ll have to go with something that tapes on.

• Love
Reactions: diaperdude, mistykitty and Edgewater
PaddedRebel said:
There’s a number of reasons why pull ups are lower capacity, mainly the fact that the elastic in them isn’t able to support the extra stress a high capacity core would add. Adding more elastic strands could make a pull up more uncomfortable and constricting, so a balance has to be struck between the two, not to mention they’ve always been intended for lighter use anyway. If you want something heavier, you’ll have to go with something that tapes on.
I always wear plastics over them as support. I love taped diapers and feel safe and happy in them. I am just seeing if there is a more convenient change wise option for music festivals etc this summer

Iirc we lack sufficient products because a few big players like Kimberly Clark own a ton of patents on the best designs. I could be wrong but I think it's an IP issue not a production issue. We already have better diapers than any medical offering. Pull ups should follow suit but don't.

AccidentsHappen said:
Iirc we lack sufficient products because a few big players like Kimberly Clark own a ton of patents on the best designs. I could be wrong but I think it's an IP issue not a production issue. We already have better diapers than any medical offering. Pull ups should follow suit but don't.
That is part of the issue. KC’s exclusive patents do keep the best technology from trickling down into other products, but even then their adult products seldom take advantage of them anyway. Kinda doesn’t make sense to me.

Reactions: artemisenterri and Edgewater
PaddedRebel said:
That is part of the issue. KC’s exclusive patents do keep the best technology from trickling down into other products, but even then their adult products seldom take advantage of them anyway. Kinda doesn’t make sense to me.
I find it crazy that a company that makes what most consider to be the best baby diapers, cannot for the life of them, figure out how to make a single solitary decent adult product. People have been emailing pampers / KC forever demanding pampers tech in an adult product and they just flat out refuse every time. They're leaving SO much money on the table it's disgusting. But what can you do? Someone over there cannot fathom an adult wanting a good product and it sucks for us all.

AccidentsHappen said:
I find it crazy that a company that makes what most consider to be the best baby diapers, cannot for the life of them, figure out how to make a single solitary decent adult product. People have been emailing pampers / KC forever demanding pampers tech in an adult product and they just flat out refuse every time. They're leaving SO much money on the table it's disgusting. But what can you do? Someone over there cannot fathom an adult wanting a good product and it sucks for us all.
I concur with you.
The choices we adults have for cheap affordable disposable pull-up training pants and disposable diapers 100% sucks.

caitianx said:
I concur with you.
The choices we adults have for cheap affordable disposable pull-up training pants and disposable diapers 100% sucks.
Agreed. Before I was 24/7 with "real" diapers, I really only trusted abena pull ups. The market is so bare for good stuff. That crap that depends markets as a diaper these days barely counts as a pad stuck in undies. They're just the worst designs. We have gone backwards tbh.

I've never had a pull up not leak. I think If any company would just copy the goodnight design in adult sizes it would work. But just my opinion. I set a goodnight l/xl and a depends realfit next to each other and the goodnight was thicker. But I struggle with their sizes being bigger. I think Kimberly Clark does not want to have 2 of their products competing against each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistykitty and Edgewater
Reality Check: Pull-up are by design, unable to support the weight of high-capacity. As capacity exceeds the designs ability to maintain position, they will slide down. It is a gravity thing!

You can pull the best design features from a baby's diaper and upsize them and shock and surprise the differences in adult release volume and the baby design will fail.

Even the quality of NorthShores Supreme Pull-ups have limits and cannot equal the abilities of a NorthShore's MegaMax, Tab Style Diaper for capacity and length of wear.

If you want maximum capacity in a diaper: Try Three Adult, Night-Time Weight, Pre-folded Cloth Diapers with Three Flat Cloth Diapers folder between each layer and plastic pants! It is a true baby look, all-be-it, old school!

Reactions: mistykitty and CAM3RON
Back