Has anyone ever told their mother about it?

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At 22, I often think about involving my mother in the fact that I still wear diapers. I used to think about it a lot before, but it made sense to keep it to myself back then, thinking that I could do it more freely when I moved out. However, due to health and financial reasons, I have to live at home for a few more years. Since she doesn't work, she's always at home in our very small apartment, especially in the common areas. It's a lot of work and clothes to completely hide the diapers I wear, so if I leave the room, I have to take them off to make sure she doesn't notice. A year or two ago, she found store-bought diapers in my closet, thinking they had been there for a long time, but I suddenly decided to tell her they were mine. I told her it's private what they're for, and not to tell anyone, she respected that and never asked about it again. However, I would feel much more comfortable if I didn't have to worry about the diaper rustling being heard from my room. So, I'm wondering if anyone had the outcome of telling their mother, where afterward, at home, naturally covering everything with clothes, but obviously being able to carry a big package without fear of being seen, or making noise when walking? Did anyone experience such a silent, natural state at home?

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, DiaperedBedwetter1998, Subtlerustle and 7 others
I can't say that I've ever thought of involving my parents. Some things I'd rather keep private. It's need to know info and my parents don't need to. Although I can understand the desire when you're still living with parents. Personally, I'd keep it to myself.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, Angelapinks, Davvyboy and 7 others
I told both my parents, but well after I moved out and not through any desire to involve them. I was just tired of hiding things when they came over (often unannounced) or when I was around them. The conversation only went far enough for them to realize they might see things in my house or hear the crinkle of diapers, and enough to understand I was being safe and consenting to partners treating me this way. It also finally got them to stop letting themselves in my house unannounced.

• Love
Reactions: denimchicken, 60something, Davvyboy and 8 others
Nope never considered it many times
but as she already knew I wore for need I came to the conclusion
1 why do I need to tell her I also wear for reasons other than IC
2 she doesn't share what she does behind her bedroom door so really don't think I should share
so I never did

Reactions: Angelapinks, Davvyboy, Diprs2 and 8 others
RylieNimbus said:
It also finally got them to stop letting themselves in my house unannounced.
It is so annoying, and a bit creepy, when parents keep doing that! 😖

Great way to get them to stop.

Reactions: denimchicken, Davvyboy, Diprs2 and 5 others
Over the last few years, I've become confident enough with my kinks, that I feel I could tell my mom about it. There just isn't any need to do it for me, and I don't think it will accomplish anything. On the contrary, I'll just have to answer a lot of questions for no good reason.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Diprs2, OnePiece and 3 others
No cause my mom didn’t wanted nothing to do with me, I have two much older sisters so when I came along she said she didn’t want anything to do with me, so my dad raised me . This is why I think I am an abdl.

When I turned 20 I did tell my dad cause I knew he known about the diapers so I wanted him to know the whole thing. He did ask why I was telling him. Did I want him to participate? I said no it’s just so I don’t have to hide who I am. He didn’t careless of me. He did make a joke one day. We were watching tv and a pull up training pants commercial came on and he asked when do I graduate to those, then laughed. I told him never and that I didn’t think it was funny. He did apologize too me saying he didn’t think about that.

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher, denimchicken and 4 others
It feels there are a few things going on here. If your mother is going through your closet and finding your diapers, then that's probably a conversation about privacy or boundaries that needs to be had. You shoulf be able to keep some stuff private and your wishes with that should be respected. It also seems like you want to maybe disclose your DL side? Personally, I wouldn't. When sharing something like that, you've got to ask yourself why you're doing it. Does your mother really need to know that you like wearing diapers? What would be the possible gain of sharing that piece of information. If you're able to obtain them already and are able to wear, is there really an advantage to telling her? If you're looking for people to talk to, ADISC is likely to be a far better place. It's a very personal thing to share and you'd also need to think about how your mother might take something like that. Think very carefully about waht you share, because once you share something you can't unshare it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle, Davvyboy and 4 others
My mom knows what a furry is because of my stepsister and she's a bit more in-the-know about nutty and subversive things than most people her age. I don't feel the need to share it with her but if I did she'd probably just say something like "Oh that's cool. I hope you have fun". As long as I'm not a criminal, a drug addict, or a sex offender she could care less what I do with my life. When I came out and told her I was trans her reaction was about the same as if I told her I was going to dye my hair. She honestly wouldn't care one bit about me being abdl and wouldn't find it offensive or anything

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher, denimchicken and 5 others
My mother sensed sooner than I did that I had an emotional dependency on wearing diapers. I had been a nightly bedwetter until my late teens when it finally stopped. In those days, all we had were cloth diapers my mother pinned on me and plastic pants. During my teens I also started playing with myself in my diapers usually when they were wet. By the time my bedwetting was over, diapers had become a transitional object to me, not that I or my mother knew anything about this at the time. When I finally stopped wetting my bed fully, I knew I missed wearing diapers and my mother asked me if I could now go without diapers. I told her I wasn't sure and she said I could wear diapers if I wanted. That seems to take some of the pressure off me, and I was able to not wear diapers anymore, until I came home from college for the holidays the first time. Maybe because of all the pressure from finals, or something, but I knew I wanted to try wearing diapers again just for a little while. I told her how I felt and she told me it was ok with her if I wanted to try wearing diapers again. She ended up stocking my dresser with my old cloth diapers and plastic pants so I could wear them if I choose to. I ended up wearing diapers most of the time I was home with my mother permission. She was always pretty understanding about things like that and encouraged me to be open with her, which I did. I've been a DL for as long as I can remember and have continued to wear diapers and use them long after leaving home and on my own.

• Love
Reactions: hersen, Blekyss, LittleTyke and 14 others
Let’s just say, my mom is the reason why I didn’t tell anyone about it, my dad and sisters found out, they were more or less okay with it.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Davvyboy, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I think mothers always know what their kids are up to.

If you talk to her about it she may well already know.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Davvyboy and Diprs2
My mom found my diapers when I was in college that got discussed much to my embarrassment.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, Ali123 and 5 others
Both of my parents are well aware of my wearing and using diapers. I told them about 20 years ago when I was tired of hiding packages i would order. Like one of the other responses here they did not care in the slightest and only mentioned that I did not try to involve them. Which trust me was never once on my mind

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, PearlandDL and 1 other person
Omg this is me expect add in the fact that she screamed, threw them out, grounded me for finding them as a teenager and now I live permanently with her because of my medical issues.

I do therapy alone and that has helped me be a lot more confident in my needs, wants and to figure out the why/ how diapers help me (it’s more of a little thing and personality part than sexual). one comment she made at beginning is “we don’t have diapers in this house” - I told her I moved past them but that was a lie, they were in a box in my closet. So I had a huge binge when she was gone for a 3 week holiday. But she hasn’t travelled since and that was 5 years ago.

But after reading “you aren’t broken” I got the courage to stand my ground and say too bad they help my anxiety, I’m not hurting anyone and everyone has a vice - alcohol , cigarettes and weed are WAY more common but they are more damaging than diapers. I need her to ignore anything I order in the mail if I say “private”, she is not allowed to come into my room - I have diapers and a small potty in my closet, not visible by door but visible if you walk fully in, she ignores purchases in my visa if I say private - I really do need her help keeping track of budget and ensuring my credit card is paid on time and she ignores the extra garbage outside. I don’t know if she can tell I’m wearing around the house or not but she doesn’t say anything.

If she gets cranky about anything I do discrete I plan on trying to get her to come to a therapy session and my therapist can help me figure out a compromise with her or why she is so against it. But so far, I’m happy where it is. I even wore diapers only last few days and barely used the bathroom, not even fake flushes and she said nothing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 3 others
Ali123 said:
I think mothers always know what their kids are up to.

If you talk to her about it she may well already know.
Nah mine is oblivious …. I made cookies regularly without her knowing (why would a teenager light a candle in the kitchen because “it smelt bad”?), I skipped class without her catching my lame excuses for why the school called - okay I was a good student with mostly As but most of the excuses were BAD), plus other stuff … ;) I had diapers almost the entire teenager years and she only caught me 3-4 times

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
First off, I would recommend you keep your desires to yourself. Your mother knows you have them, and presumably knows you use them, and that's more than enough. She likely won't want to know more. Let's turn it around... Would you ask your mother about her sex life? Would you want to know about it? Would you want to know about her underwear? Probably not. She knows enough, and I'd leave it alone for the time being. Your mileage may vary, but for most parent/child relationships, this is not something they want to know about. They might appreciate you trusting them, and they might appreciate knowing it's not a medical condition they need to worry about, but by and large, the overriding thing is that they probably want to know as little as possible, with the exception of whether or not you're healthy.

The idea of wearing diapers for personal desire is not on most people's radar. This generally falls under the category of exposing people to kink, no matter what diapers really mean to you (to some, they may not personally consider it a "kink," but it should still be treated the same way, with regard to involving others), and...it's just one of those things that generally shouldn't be done, especially since you don't know how she'll react, and you're reliant on her for housing. She's likely assuming you have a medical condition, but telling her you're wearing them for other reasons could go very poorly. It might go well, but that's a risk I wouldn't take. Plenty of people have asked the same question before. The answer to the question of whether you should do it is almost always a resounding no. The answer to how it's turned out varies wildly.

Personally, I was stuck living with my family and lacking funds, at the time that my bladder started acting up again... I had to ask my family to get me diapers, as an adult. That was not a fun experience whatsoever, but it was handled amazingly. Just treated it like it was nothing, and they actually got a little annoyed at my tendency to hem and haw when asking to be resupplied. The sheer level of how much of a non-issue it turned out to be was a complete shock.

I was requesting them for medical purposes, though. I've long wanted to wear them out of personal desire, and had planned to do that when I was out on my own, but...that didn't happen (health problems for me, as well). I was just going to wait however long it took to be out on my own, but then my body had other ideas. Under any other circumstance, though, I would never have involved my family in any way.

The way it's been handled, though, has me deeply regretting not asking for them when I was younger and wetting the bed, plus having daytime incontinence issues. How I managed to successfully hide daily daytime accidents, I will never know (who knows, maybe I didn't hide them successfully, and my parents just never brought it up). They were usually small accidents, but...still.

I've had both practical reasons and personal reasons to want to wear diapers for much of my life. The practical need for them probably led to the personal desire for them. I honestly think my parents were silly to ever take me out of them completely. Were I in their position, I'd have left me in night diapers at least until I finished elementary school, if they still fit, and GoodNites just about indefinitely after that. Daytime Pull-Ups or GoodNites would have been a good idea until probably the start of kindergarten, and then again in my teens. I was miserable with all my accidents, but...I hadn't been particularly shy when I was really little about liking diapers. I'd discovered that I wanted to wear them before I was even finished potty training (somehow, it never occurred to me to rebel against potty training and try to get them to put me back in them; I was a good, obedient kid). I was deathly afraid my parents would figure out I still liked them, though, so I never asked for them. In hindsight, I think my mom had hinted at her openness to my wearing them. She once very audibly said "Aww..." and then looked right at me, while watching a GoodNites ad where a kid set up bedding on the floor after an accident. I even noticed it at the time, and I think I kind of got the hint, but I still couldn't bring myself to ask. My grandmother might have even hinted at it once, asking if there was anything I wanted while we were at the grocery store together, with GoodNites just a few feet to her right (though I'm not sure she was aware of them or my wetting...yet), but...I didn't dare. And then I wet one of her beds, probably that very night.

Medical need is one thing, though. Personal desire is an entirely different animal.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, PearlandDL and 1 other person
Well my mother found out about my diapers because she and my dad found my diaper stash. My mother was the one who brought up the topic to me. Anyway it was an embarrassing talk but she just ended up telling me she wants me to grow out of it eventually. After that she didn’t mind me buying diapers online. I tried to ask her if I could wear diapers around the house without worrying about the noise but she wouldn’t give me a straight answer. This was back when I still worked part time and was home most of the day. She would always say that I’m potty trained and don’t need diapers.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Lostdiapersboy and 2 others
I don't want to share my sexual life with my mother, I don't want to involve her in the fact that there's a sexual aspect to wearing diapers; I simply don't want to employ a three-tier security system when wearing them to make sure she doesn't accidentally notice the bulge or hear the rustling. I'd like to wear them peacefully, without the discomfort of her asking what's rustling so much on me, or what that bump is. Our apartment is really small, so if she pays even a little more attention to me, she might notice the rustling from her own room, for example, when I'm moving around the hallway or kitchen. When I leave the room while wearing them, I'm completely stressed; it annoys me if she talks to me, and I try to physically distance myself from her as quickly as possible. So, in summary, I just want to wear them calmly, without stress and worries, avoiding the uncomfortable exposure. Let me emphasize once again that the goal is discreet dressing, not exhibitionism. She has asked before if my leg hurts because I walk strangely. I tried to move silently, and then came this question. Well, I don't want to receive similar questions; that level of peace would be my goal.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle, Diprs2 and 2 others
I told my mom about it a few years ago. I discussed it in one of my posts. She’s had a conflicting reacting to it, sometimes she’s ok, others she’s not.

But this last weekend I stayed with my parents to attend my sister’s wedding and something incredible happened. My mom has smacked my butt when she hugs me since I was a child. Only me, not my siblings. When I got there late Friday night, she did it and then followed me into the bedroom to help me get situated. She asked why I wasn’t wearing a diaper and I said because I didn’t want them to feel uncomfortable. She said not to worry about it, and be me. So I was dispersed the rest of the weekend without issue.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, denimchicken and 7 others
Back