Has anyone ever told their mother about it?

Riko said:
At 22, I often think about involving my mother in the fact that I still wear diapers. I used to think about it a lot before, but it made sense to keep it to myself back then, thinking that I could do it more freely when I moved out. However, due to health and financial reasons, I have to live at home for a few more years. Since she doesn't work, she's always at home in our very small apartment, especially in the common areas. It's a lot of work and clothes to completely hide the diapers I wear, so if I leave the room, I have to take them off to make sure she doesn't notice. A year or two ago, she found store-bought diapers in my closet, thinking they had been there for a long time, but I suddenly decided to tell her they were mine. I told her it's private what they're for, and not to tell anyone, she respected that and never asked about it again. However, I would feel much more comfortable if I didn't have to worry about the diaper rustling being heard from my room. So, I'm wondering if anyone had the outcome of telling their mother, where afterward, at home, naturally covering everything with clothes, but obviously being able to carry a big package without fear of being seen, or making noise when walking? Did anyone experience such a silent, natural state at home?
Sound vary close to my situation tbh, 1st i kept them hidden, she suspected but never really knew, told her, now her & stepdad get diapers for me, although cheap ones but on Christmas they got me a pack of LFB diapers witch was 50$ to 60$ CAD they made noise but i use em without much worry

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
No. I had briefly toyed with the idea of “coming out” when I was younger, but after giving it some thought I’ve come to the conclusion that this is essentially a kink of mine, and I just feel that it wouldn’t be fair, nor appropriate, to involve an unwilling/unaware party.

Reactions: Blekyss, DoeBunnie, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
MikeRotch said:
Sound vary close to my situation tbh, 1st i kept them hidden, she suspected but never really knew, told her, now her & stepdad get diapers for me, although cheap ones but on Christmas they got me a pack of LFB diapers witch was 50$ to 60$ CAD they made noise but i use em without much worry
Man, I wish my parents would get me diapers for Christmas. Sadly that is a pipe dream for me

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
I was in my late teens when visiting my mother at her house. She worked during the day and I would do my laundry then. One day my grandmother came by while the laundry was drying, and just being nosy, she looked in the dryer to see what was in there. My cloth diapers were drying.

My grandmother asked if I had prostrate troubles, and I told her no. I wouldn't have said anything about wearing diapers, but she confronted me so I told her that I just like wearing diapers and use them to keep my sex drive under control. I told her that by controlling my sex drive I wouldn't put myself in a situation where I was exposed to drugs, gangs, uncommitted sex, or other things that might derail my life. I also told her it was my personal business and not subject to being questioned by others.

She obviously told my mother, and we had a similar discussion. My mom then made the comment that she wished I didn't wear diapers but she wasn't going to stop me. I replied rather sharply that I didn't need her permission to wear diapers and that I would make my own choices on the matter. Nearly fifty years later, I still live close to my mother, and I still wear diapers and don't worry whether they are noticeable or not. Everyone in my family and my neighbors knows I wear diapers, which is how it is.

Twenty years ago, a neighbor lady came to visit me after I had shattered my leg and ankle and was bedridden. When she walked in, she saw the stack of cloth diapers next to my bed and outright asked if I peed in my diapers. I told her yes, and she seemed delighted about it. A week later, she visited me again but brought her adult children. During our discussion, she said, "See, those are his diapers." I found it rather amusing and didn't let it bother me at all. The lady was a hundred years old, very sweet, and felt no shame in speaking her mind.

My dad also discovered I was wearing diapers during my teen years. He never said anything specifically about it to me but said that he didn't care how I dealt with my sex drive. I think he was a late bedwetter during his youth.

My step-brothers and stepfather knew I wore diapers. One of my stepbrothers was often diapered by his mother during his youth. While staying with him and his mom one night, I told him I wore diapers, too, and showed him. He later told his mom, but it never became a topic of open discussion that I am aware of. Another stepbrother saw my diaper sticking out one night as we were going out for dinner. He tried to tease me about it, but my parents and I ignored him; it never was an issue afterward. My other stepbrother once delivered my diaper bag to me after I had left it at his house. He said he knew I wore diapers and that it didn't bother him at all.

Parents and family knowing that we wear diapers is no problem. Also, be polite but firm if the topic comes up for discussion. Just remember that we each have our own life to live, and people need to respect our own choices regardless of what their choices would be.

Reactions: Angelapinks, babyscotty37, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
To be honest I can never understand the mentality of wanting to tell people not related to the fetish outside of actual medical needs as its something that seems more private. Best to keep this aspect to yourself and a significant other and/or like minded friends. Only reason to tell family is if you get caught with them or have an actual medical need that requires you to wear.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LittleTyke and artemisenterri
I had considered it in the past. The time to have been listened to would have been when I was 5 and asked for them back.

As an older kid and adult, the idea of telling my mom was never appealing to me.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and LittleTyke
I'd say it comes down to your relationship with them. I agree with everyone else noting that they'd not want to involve their mother in something that can be tied to kink if it is for someone. I'm in a weird boat personally; my mom and I live together with a wonderful relationship and we talk everything. Philosophy to the concept of sex. I have not personal made an effort to tell her though; as it's just against my whole "Keep it clean and keep it separate" philosophy about it. It would definitely be nice to not have to sweat delivery times and hiding certain things. It seems like there's a whole gamut of reactions from peoples' stories. I know mine would be fine to neutral about it, so there's very little risk to me or our relationship, but you've always got to assess your own risks. Both you and theirs.

Reactions: babyscotty37, DoeBunnie, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Noodle said:
To be honest I can never understand the mentality of wanting to tell people not related to the fetish outside of actual medical needs as its something that seems more private. Best to keep this aspect to yourself and a significant other and/or like minded friends. Only reason to tell family is if you get caught with them or have an actual medical need that requires you to wear.
I think a big part of it is the desire to "get ahead" of a potential confrontation, to get rid of the lurking anxiety that a friend or loved one will find you out when you're least ready for it. Usually not a good idea to do this of course, as unless the reaction you get is total love and acceptance then at best you're replacing the anxiety of getting caught with the anxiety of wondering what that person now thinks of you.

I've decided the "golden rule" of regular diaper wearing, if it's 100% voluntary on your part of course, is this: "don't wear around people you couldn't handle a confrontation from," because it's always a possibility if you do it. I love my mother to death and she's a really nice person but she's also #1 on the list of people I wouldn't want to find me out because I just wouldn't want to have even the briefest of conversations about that with her. It would be way too weird and my desire to be in diapers on a regular basis doesn't override that.

Reactions: babyscotty37, PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
I had to tell them when I moved back because of the enuresis night time but she doesn’t know that I enjoy sometimes during the day

Reactions: Blekyss, Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I suppose if your an AB and its all about 'comfort' and headspace, then there may be utility in telling them but if its sexual then FFS don't tell them, I guarantee they don't want to know about it, this isn't like coming out as gay, there may be exceptions, and accidental reveals do happen, but you don't want to strain the important relationships you have because you lack a sexual relationship with someone you can actually share yourself with

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and Subtlerustle
I told my mother I was a nappy lover and she got me loads of nappies out of her work the old plastic backed tenas,god I wish she still worked there.

• Wow
Reactions: Blekyss, PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and 1 other person
My mother knew I loved diapers from age 6 when I asked her to put me back in diapers as I watched her change my younger brother. She put me back in diapers for about three days and knew I loved them. She even told my first wife! (Who also knew of my interest.)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Ali123, Skunkdude and 1 other person
I'm fairly certain Mom knew. Even though she never mentioned it outright. When I was in school she found my stash of plastic baby pants. That evening she let me know she cleaned out my closet and put my things in the basement. I went down and checked them. Sure enough the baby pants were gone. ....busted.... another time I was out with my family and Mom and Dad. I got a bit ahead of my Mom and she gently patted me on my diapered bottom. The coy little smile she had told me everything. She once told me one time that i was a very peculiar child when I was older and I felt there was an inuendo there about my diapers. We never spoke about it and as there was never a reason to explain, so we just let things be what they were. She was a really classy lady.

Reactions: Blekyss, DoeBunnie, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
DiaperedJeff said:
My mother knew I loved diapers from age 6 when I asked her to put me back in diapers as I watched her change my younger brother. She put me back in diapers for about three days and knew I loved them. She even told my first wife! (Who also knew of my interest.)
Oh wow! What did your wife say when your mother told her about your love of diapers?

Reactions: Blekyss and PadPhilosopher
artemisenterri said:
I currently share my mom's house after being kicked out of the house my wife and kids live in. I don't know what she knows about my interests, I'm not sure I would want her to know, and I don't know how she'd react if I were to mention it and she doesn't already know...

My wife knows and absolutely hates it, frequently threatening to out me to her family, friends, and the world in general...
In 1993, when I finally was able to try and explain to my wife of twelve years this secret I had, my life exploded apart!!
I've shared in other places the nightmare I went through after telling my wife, now ex, how this came about, and her response was to call all our church friends, and pastor. It became very public in the worst possible way.
This triggered severe PTSD from when I was severely bullied as a child, which had a lot to my desire and need to regress and disassociate to a time I felt safe and totally accepted.
So, I fully understand a spouse totally hating the diapers, and me!!

• Sad
Reactions: Blekyss, artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
Bryle said:
She has this rule that if you wet the bed you are to be in a diaper. I kinda figured it was just for younger kids like me when younger and my little brother. But the short version on what happened is she said good thing you had on a diaper. And she required me to be in a diaper every night till dry. I'll still diapered every night.
This makes me uncomfortable. Technically, it's true, but it is still deceptive. She will assume it's involuntary, not something you chose. I feel like this is a breach of integrity.

babyscotty37 said:
In 1993, when I finally was able to try and explain to my wife of twelve years this secret I had, my life exploded apart!!
I've shared in other places the nightmare I went through after telling my wife, now ex, how this came about, and her response was to call all our church friends, and pastor. It became very public in the worst possible way.
Sorry to hear of this suffering. You didn't do anything wrong for being yourself.

I didn't let this embarrassment happen by clarifying to others who confronted me about my right to live as I see fit. I also listened to my first wife's sex fantasies and behaviors that were not something that I would choose. I did not judge her sexual desires, but I did make it clear that her views were as strange to me as mine were to her.

Fortunately, I gave her space to be accepted for who she was, and she reciprocated by wearing diapers herself. In later years, when we went our separate ways, she tried to embarrass me during a court hearing by bringing up my diaper-wearing. I responded first to the court by gracefully acknowledging my diaper fetish and then explained that I told my wife about my fetish one week after we met and that she also wore diapers. When she responded that she only wore diapers to please me, she had stepped in it as the court asked her why it was so important now when she accepted it back then. In the end, she explained that she felt very "dirty" inside after trying this technique of trying to embarrass me.

The court overlooked the fact that I wore diapers as there was nothing illegal about it. I had never pushed the diapers on her, our kids, or anybody else. Also, I have worn diapers since I was ten.

I started wearing diapers every night since the night of that court hearing. Eventually, after shattering my leg, I found it necessary to wear diapers 24/7, and now it is natural to me.

In the end, I was delighted that she tried to use the diapers against me. I came out of the closet that day and found peace with my life, which allowed me to feel good about my life. The lesson for me was to be brave and face my fears.

• Wow
Reactions: babyscotty37, PadPhilosopher, DoeBunnie and 1 other person
No, I haven't told my mother and probably never will. But my older cousin (in their 30's) is very into ABDL and posts a lot of it on facebook. My mom thinks it's odd but doesn't think any bad of him for it. Though he's had a lot of trauma in his past and my mom very much attributes it to that. Which isn't exactly the wrong assertion (i also believe some part of age regression might stem from trauma. Less so/not at all on just diaper loving though). She loves him just as much of course, and we spend time with him whenever he is in town. She doesn't mind that he has a "caregiver" that he brings over (of course doesnt show the dynamic or anything.) or that he has a "daddy" (who is oddly elusive?? but we hear them on the phone sometimes.) I definitely think though, that she would be very creeped out and worried for me if she ever knew I also liked it. It's one thing for my cousin to like it, it's an ENTIRELY different thing for me to like it.

Especially because a couple years ago (i was literally 18 😕, not even a kid.) I left my journal downstairs and she started reading it (ON my BIRTHDAY btw.) At that time i was just only learning about stuff like ageregression and CGL, so i had written fantasies in there of wanting to be taken care of and maybe even getting a "caregiver/daddy" type partner one day. I've never been in a relationship (even now), and firmly believed i was asexual until i was maybe 17. (which i still tell my family i'm ace just because i loathe talking about my sexuality to irl people. I can't even talk about fictional crushes, i just feel uncomfortable.)

She confronted me later about it (she did have the tact to do it privately.), and was very concerned for me. She told me that i needed to tell my therapist about it ASAP... (i never did, it was never what i wanted to focus on in therapy- i had bigger fish to fry, and she knew that. But she saw it as a mental problem.) She wasn't mean or anything, but i could tell she was disappointed in me and somewhat disgusted too. She also felt bad and blamed herself for "me turning out this way".
It was extremely embarassing and i sobbed for days. To this day i have a hard time writing in my journal (maybe write once every 5 months), and before that event i wrote in it every day since 6th grade. Now, it wasn't exactly "traumatic" (again, got other fish to fry) or anything, but I am extremely sensitive when it comes to my secrets (Especially my very private secrets) that probably stem from deep internal shame. So i still feel deep mortification from it, especially when i'm alone with my thoughts and think about how "SHE KNOWS". Even though now, she doesn't know the half of it haha.

NSFW TMI Extra: She also ended up reading my writing about masturbating. I didn't start doing that until i was 17 as well. And it was with a vibrating unicorn neck pillow (LOL 😭💀🤡) that she bought for a plane trip. I stole it because i wanted to keep it as a plushie (i collect plushies) but then uh... "tried it out" LOL- and was enthralled. Anyways i wrote about having done that in my journal, and she read it... and made fun of me for days. Not in front of anybody but still in somewhat earshot of others. It wasn't mean spirited, she probably actually was relieved i was doing something "normal" for once- since i never showed any signs of sexuality/sexualness in front of anybody before (and since as well.). Unlike my journal i still use it though 😅.

• Wow
Reactions: babyscotty37, artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
I always suspected my mother knew I liked being a bedwetter. She certainly knew I was making no effort to become dry at night.

Reactions: Blekyss, Lyric and PadPhilosopher
bixie said:
I think a big part of it is the desire to "get ahead" of a potential confrontation, to get rid of the lurking anxiety that a friend or loved one will find you out when you're least ready for it. Usually not a good idea to do this of course, as unless the reaction you get is total love and acceptance then at best you're replacing the anxiety of getting caught with the anxiety of wondering what that person now thinks of you.

I've decided the "golden rule" of regular diaper wearing, if it's 100% voluntary on your part of course, is this: "don't wear around people you couldn't handle a confrontation from," because it's always a possibility if you do it. I love my mother to death and she's a really nice person but she's also #1 on the list of people I wouldn't want to find me out because I just wouldn't want to have even the briefest of conversations about that with her. It would be way too weird and my desire to be in diapers on a regular basis doesn't override that.
Yes, the anxiety for many of us is having someone discover our wearing diapers for enjoyment, or need. Both for me now.
As I've shared before, I had a lot of guilt about not sharing my ABDL desires when we got married in 1982, but I thought I was the only one in the world like this. When I finally told her, after learning I wasn't the only one by far, my life was flipped upside down and devastated for years.
The few times I have dated since 2000, after a few dates I do my best to explain my diaper wearing for incontinence, but also how I wore before to help deal with my early childhood trauma of early surgeries and bullying. It's only been three women, two remained just friends but the relationship didn't go beyond that. A lady I'm dating now knows about both aspects of why I wear diapers. If we start seriously discussing marriage again we will do a Zoom session with a sex therapist named Kimberly Resnick Anderson, whom I heard on a two-part podcast dealing with ABDL. In December I had two sessions with her on my own to help me sort some things out, and it was very beneficial. I think it would be very helpful to do this with my girlfriend if we get close to marriage so she has a full understanding of what this means to me.
So yes, trying to mitigate the anxiety we have around all this can be a difficult thing to do.

Reactions: artemisenterri, Skunkdude and PadPhilosopher
Back