Why do age regressors hate ABDL's so much?

pottybreak

Serval Critter <3
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Sorry that I haven't been on in a while, I've been feeling bad about being an ABDL since I've had agere's telling me that it's shameful and gross 😢

Has anyone else noticed that age regressors hate us? The people who regress mentally for fun, as a coping mechanism, or as a trauma response always have something mean to say about ABDLs. I don't seem to get it, aren't we one in the same?
I don't know, I might just still be trying to get over the interaction I had. But I've been watching videos on YouTube that mention age regression in one way or another, and the comments are filled with agere's telling the poster that age regressing doesn't like/accept ABDL. There's been one or two positive comments about ABDL but other than that, they're practically raging about how agere and ABDL shouldn't be lumped together and how age regressors will never accept ABDLs 😕

I'm sorry if this sounds like a vent, I'll absolutely get rid of it if need be. I just wanted to see if other ABs, DLs, and ABDLs have noticed this before, though

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: Prillprillprill, Jorelaxed and ILuvDiapers
I guess they have the idea of ABDLs being overly sexual (some sure are), which of course is off-setting.
Unlike a few months ago where I got my first abdl diapers I no longer get serious se*ual (unintended) reactions when strapping on a diaper. Rather I just get the feel of comfort and just enjoy that careless baby feeling and that's mostly it.
It just becomes more of a tick (I think that's how you call it) rather than a fetish which I am glad because I also think being overly se*ual on this makes me feel like a freak.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, KittyninjaW, TeeMousy and 2 others
I just made friends with a regressing girl. She's really couldn't understand why a person would go through the humiliation of wearing a diaper. That's how that think about it. It's humiliating. I explained how it feels and how it soothes, showed her a couple cute pictures. If she got exposed to it a little more, she would probably try it if given the opportunity. I think it's just an idea that they haven't been able to get their head around

Reactions: LittleMxChuckles, littledub1955, KittyninjaW and 2 others
OogieBoogieX said:
I just made friends with a regressing girl. She's really couldn't understand why a person would go through the humiliation of wearing a diaper. That's how that think about it. It's humiliating. I explained how it feels and how it soothes, showed her a couple cute pictures. If she got exposed to it a little more, she would probably try it if given the opportunity. I think it's just an idea that they haven't been able to get their head around
I guess because we mostly began from a DL part and they (unknowingly) come from an AB direction

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, littledub1955 and ARBBB2
i have been involved in the abdl/little/age play community for about 30 years, i have met and spoken to many people who enjoy many different facets of the community some will act as a 6 or 7 year old but still wear a nappy, some will portray a different gender some will wear a nappy but never use it some will dress as a child but still act as an adult while others will enjoy toys and games bottles and sippie cups , and some like a mix of both , then some like being a "sissy" with frilly underwear stockings etc while also wearing baby type clothing, but the biggest thing you notice when you think about it is if you have not been exposed to the life style as an outsider it all looks very weird, so saying "we will never except some one " is like a white person saying they will never except a black person, we are all people so be tolerant and respectful of others and dont judge as some one wearing a nappy may give that person the same comfort and and coping mechanism as some one who changes there head space to a younger age . hope i dont sound too much like a hippy :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: PaKo66, googlyeyes467, geka and 13 others
The sexual/non-sexual debate is at the heart of the Age Regressor/Adult Baby conflict.
It is all a matter of perspective.

• Love
Reactions: weemouse, BBBen, littledub1955 and 10 others
Maybe age regressors aren't as committed as we are, as long as they don't commit me....haha.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Palle, denimchicken and 6 others
Hi! I used to be on here a long time ago but managed to lose access to my account, I have no idea what email I used, so I have a new one.

I am going to attempt to answer this because I identify as a little, because it is just who I am, it is just my personality, mannerisms and interests, but my headspace age level fluctuates I guess so I do regress younger, and I am asexual and diagnosed audhd (autism/adhd), so age regression as a community is the one I frequent because it aligns with the content I want to see and my experiences, as well as the subreddit Never Grew Up, which resonates the most.

I have been trying to word this reply for over an hour now, it is quite hard to put into words.

The overall root problem is sex and sexualisation. As painful as it is for those who do find it sexual, the majority of people will never understand or accept it, or are very unlikely to anyhow. Because for those who haven't felt it or experienced it, it is impossible to understand. It is like avocados, I don't like avocados, I don't understand how it feels to crave an avocado because I never have, and actually thats my experience with sex overall, I lack sexuality, completely. And it is also the same for people who feel the opposite, they'll never understand either, they'll never understand how it feels to lack sexuality, or dislike avocados, and it is frustrating for people to misunderstand your experiences, it makes you feel alone whatever those experiences are. In the case of sexual ABDLs though, it has the extra layer of being a subject that doesn't feel like it should ever be sexualised to most people, their brain automatically connects it with awful things.

There is a vocal minority of ABDLs who insist that it is a kink, it is always sexual, and that you can never regress to the headspace of a child. But that is their own experiences that they are trying to force on others. I think this is what causes the backlash and conflict because people then feel their safe space is threatened, and if they have experienced trauma this is particularly unsettling. I also think some of these ABDLs do it in the first place out of feeling hurt and upset when their own experiences are insulted.

The only real issue age regressors have with ABDL is sexualisation of their own experiences, and the impact the sexualisation has on their own acceptance.

I think agere actually has a much better chance of being fully accepted and normalised by society, it is already met with much more acceptance by people who aren't a part of any of the communities at all when it is explained to them what it is. The key difference to that acceptance? Being told it isn't sexual, it is innocent. And since that is the case with age regressors and the age regression community, they want to protect that acceptance and be able to be themselves I think. To be able to live true to themselves. Honestly, I think this is actually a positive for society overall, I think too many people are stuck denying themselves of things deemed "childish" or "for kids", I think people would be so much happier if they were socially allowed to just play, watch cartoons and like what they like, whether that's dinosaurs or disney.

And ABDL threatens that because of sex, not just ABDL though, I think most people will never accept anything that sexualises anything that they associate with childhood and their own innocence too, like DDLG. Because I think a lot of people do yearn for the innocence of childhood to some point, it is a source of comfort for them, and that threatens that for them too, or at least makes them uncomfortable. And for some ABDLs I think it is hard to be rejected while agere is accepted, so they try to say it is the same, but realistically, sexualisation is the issue people have with it, and if you take that away like with agere, then it isn't the same because the issue people have ceases to exist.

There are people who openly engage with both communities and are accepted through like Kidden (YouTube/TikTok), as long as they're respectful of boundaries and keep it PG in the agere spaces most age regressors welcome them with open arms, so don't feel too upset, really I think people are just trying to protect themselves, their own identity, safe spaces and experiences :)

Ultimately, these are imperfect labels, there are people who may have very similar needs, experiences, feelings, and boundaries that use opposite labels. I think the imporant thing is that everyone just respects others experiences and understands that even though they don't understand or haven't experienced them, it doesn't make them invalid.

I hope that makes sense, it was more of a thinking out loud!

• Love
Reactions: MASONJAR, mammalun, DreamyDoodleBug and 12 others
A lot of regressors dont see the sexual or pleasurable aspect some get from diapers or baby items. They see age regression being a real baby and babies arent supposed to have those type thoughts or do those actions. They take the baby role play very literal in a sense. I dont consider them Diaper Lovers. They are their own category but likewise I dont see age regressing as appealing to me. I cant see myself dressed as a baby or little kid out in public, or say being breast fed or fed in a huge high chair by a Mommy role player. That being said I dont hate people who age regress.They are allowed to act on whats appealing to them.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and lilcamper
LittleBelleReturns said:
Ultimately, these are imperfect labels
You have that right. And welcome back.

I also believe there is a misunderstanding from other communities of the ABDL label. It's actually two parts. AB which is considered agere by the majority of us as there are no sexual connotations involved. Then you have DL which are those who enjoy wearing without regressing but still doesn't have a majority of members that do it purely for sexual gratification.

Where does sex come in? Putting something foreign around your genitalia. It's very erotic no matter what it is. It can be very confusing for the person as well making them think their particular situation is a lot more sexual then it actually is. This is where a lot of guilt and shame comes from thinking something is wrong with us for sexualizing something that is supposed to be innocent. I am currently posting in another thread about this very subject and have seen it come up many times since I have been a part of the online community. Sexual feelings while wearing a diaper doesn't mean that is all it's about or the only thing someone wants to do while they are diapered. There are many of us that actually don't enjoy the interruption and wish that it would just go away. I would say most of us feel that way. We would rather just sit and play totally regressed (AB) or relaxed and comfortable (DL) and not worrying about it. It's something adult bodies are forced in to accept in your case in that you are not sexually aroused. So saying ABDL is the sexual side of the coin is actually unfair to the majority of people that call themselves ABDL.

I would blame psyches that have studied it. They put too much emphasis on the sexual aspect of ABDL in their papers and always seem to find the most outspoken, sexual ABDL's to study from. Also to blame are the extra sexual beings that force themselves on the world around them without considering the consequences of their actions. These people are in all walks of life, not just the ABDL scene. They are also very loud and outspoken so they are usually the one's most heard unfortunately. The Jerry Springer vid someone posted on these forums shows that well. Tommy, probably the absolute best spokesperson our community ever had, had a hard time being heard because of the boisterous two that demanded center stage from him.

The sexual aspect of ABDL is one very, very small facet of what being an ABDL is. And it's not something most of us flaunt and play in to around others.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Prillprillprill, dogboy and 1 other person
The majority sexualise and fetishise thier ABDL , as such even those of us who don’t share a space with the kink community in general. (Using Fetlife, going to kink events to meet people, etc). Also, I think there is a level of difference between the two communities. Agere wants more sugarcoated version of childhood. Where as I personally want a lot more if babyhood/childhood as a whole, and lean much closer to the kink side of things even if it isn’t sexual. I still want the power exchange and submission, I want structure, rules and discipline, I want to be kept in nappies. I enjoy feeling embarrassed and blushy (think backseat nappy changes or being changed in front of other consenting grown ups, etc. but not full on humiliation or degradation).

I don’t particularly mind if they put DNI requests on their content. I still mooch off of some of the resoruces and content they create without interacting. But they need to respect they we are people too. I also (as some people might be able to tell due to recent events) have a big problem when they try to gatekeep age regression.

• Love
Reactions: Prillprillprill, littledub1955, KBoy and 5 others
AsherDearing said:
The majority sexualise and fetishise thier ABDL
Sorry Asher Dear but that simply isn't true. Here is a bit of proof.

Right now it shows a third of the people feel that they spend the majority of their time on the sexual aspect. Although, what people posted after answering actually contradicts some of the answers in the poll, which is also proof that the majority of us are a bit confused on how important the sexual aspect of ABDL is to us. There are also a lot of us that don't get a lot of time to dedicate to this side of ourselves so that can skew the numbers as well. If we all had the opportunity to spend an equal amount of time exploring this side of ourselves I'm betting it would be closer to only one quarter or less that place a greater importance on sex than regressing or relaxing.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilcamper and Prillprillprill
Joediaper said:
Sorry Asher Dear but that simply isn't true. Here is a bit of proof.

Right now it shows a third of the people feel that they spend the majority of their time on the sexual aspect. Although, what people posted after answering actually contradicts some of the answers in the poll, which is also proof that the majority of us are a bit confused on how important the sexual aspect of ABDL is to us. There are also a lot of us that don't get a lot of time to dedicate to this side of ourselves so that can skew the numbers as well. If we all had the opportunity to spend an equal amount of time exploring this side of ourselves I'm betting it would be closer to only one quarter or less that place a greater importance on sex than regressing or relaxing.

Huh, wow. That’s interesting, I thought I was in a minority on here.

I wonder how that reflect on ABDL as a whole though, it’s entirley possible that ADISC tends to attract more non-sexual ABDLs.

I still think the rest of my post stands up though.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
caitianx said:
The sexual/non-sexual debate is at the heart of the Age Regressor/Adult Baby conflict.
It is all a matter of perspective.
Okay let me hinge on this for my reply, because I have many thoughts on this topic
First we need to examine, what is 'sexual' and what isn't 'sexual'?
In general sexual is just a specific lens we look at certain aspects and actions through. Sexuality and desire is deeply intertwined into who each of us is. We display it in different ways, but as a whole it always has to do with feeling of belonging and the justification of needing.
I'm one of the people who tries to NOT sexualize my little side. Because it is just inappropriate for her. And my DL side I won't expressly sexualize either, because its so tied in to my other selves. And they are more or less innocent and have no idea what 'sex' even is, or the older ones just think its all gross, lol.
But this is me. Some people feel better using this stuff as a sexual outlet for themselves, because this is how sexuality works. It comes from deep within the self, and everyone should be allowed to sing their heartsong..

..That being said some people really do take it to far. But that's just life I guess. Anyone who abuses this kind of inner love, I think I just want to hold them...

Reactions: Prillprillprill
StrawberryPan said:
Okay let me hinge on this for my reply, because I have many thoughts on this topic
First we need to examine, what is 'sexual' and what isn't 'sexual'?
In general sexual is just a specific lens we look at certain aspects and actions through. Sexuality and desire is deeply intertwined into who each of us is. We display it in different ways, but as a whole it always has to do with feeling of belonging and the justification of needing.
I'm one of the people who tries to NOT sexualize my little side. Because it is just inappropriate for her. And my DL side I won't expressly sexualize either, because its so tied in to my other selves. And they are more or less innocent and have no idea what 'sex' even is, or the older ones just think its all gross, lol.
But this is me. Some people feel better using this stuff as a sexual outlet for themselves, because this is how sexuality works. It comes from deep within the self, and everyone should be allowed to sing their heartsong..

..That being said some people really do take it to far. But that's just life I guess. Anyone who abuses this kind of inner love, I think I just want to hold them...

Sexual: Sexually interacting while another in littlespace or with ABDL/little objects (ie, magic wands on nappies, humping pillows or stuffies in nappies, etc.)

Adittionally I think fetishisation of ABDL beyond just sexualization can involve humiliation and degradation, orgasm denial , cuckholding, etc.

Just to make things clear, I have zero problems with those who sexualize or fetishize their ABDL if they can use it as a healthy outlet for their sexuality, then that’s a wonderful thing. But it’s not sexual for me so I just ask that they keep the sexual stuff away from me.

Reactions: BBBen and KBoy
OuttaThisWorld said:
Sorry that I haven't been on in a while, I've been feeling bad about being an ABDL since I've had agere's telling me that it's shameful and gross 😢

Has anyone else noticed that age regressors hate us? The people who regress mentally for fun, as a coping mechanism, or as a trauma response always have something mean to say about ABDLs. I don't seem to get it, aren't we one in the same?
I don't know, I might just still be trying to get over the interaction I had. But I've been watching videos on YouTube that mention age regression in one way or another, and the comments are filled with agere's telling the poster that age regressing doesn't like/accept ABDL. There's been one or two positive comments about ABDL but other than that, they're practically raging about how agere and ABDL shouldn't be lumped together and how age regressors will never accept ABDLs 😕

I'm sorry if this sounds like a vent, I'll absolutely get rid of it if need be. I just wanted to see if other ABs, DLs, and ABDLs have noticed this before, though
I don't hate anyone, and accept everyone. Nasty people are everywhere online, just be the person you want to be, and comfortable in your own skin. You can be ABDL and a regressor if you want to be. I think everybody likes what they like, but nobody has the right to make you feel bad or unwelcome. I think this site is very welcoming of everyone. Maybe just avoid reading negative posts on other sites. :giggle:

I don't sexualise diapers myself, but still identify as ABDL, as do many in community. It's not like there is a rule book as such, it is very much an individual decision as to what you like, and what you don't. If you allow others to influence you, then you deny yourself authenticity. 🫂 Always be true to yourself. (y):giggle:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, Joediaper and 3 others
I had in a past some contacts with AR extremists. I only say it weren't very good experiences for me - I can't do only baby stuff and some baby stuff (like baby music or messy diapers) I especially hate. And at the second place is total lack of interest by AR for my interests.

So finally if you want to receive something, so you've to offer something for interchange. Mentioned extremists totally ignored anything I wish, it was only "give me !!! give me !!!" and after all I only felt bored and unsatisfied. For those reasons I ended all interactions with extreme regresive persons - they can't bring anything interesting for me.

And I think some AR extremists are very obsesed with finding CGs. As mostly they act in way mentioned before, is fair normal to have no success.

Final conclusion of that "hate of ABDLs by ARs" is based in fault of partner, which some moderated ABDLs can and have. Pure envy, nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen and Prillprillprill
LittleBelleReturns said:
I am going to attempt to answer this because I identify as a little, because it is just who I am, it is just my personality, mannerisms and interests, but my headspace age level fluctuates I guess so I do regress younger, and I am asexual and diagnosed audhd (autism/adhd), so age regression as a community is the one I frequent because it aligns with the content I want to see and my experiences, as well as the subreddit Never Grew Up, which resonates the most.
It's very similar for me and it's fun to see someone else from r/nevergrewup! I feel like I float a bit around all three communities (nevergrew, abdl and agere). There's some overlap in all three and it isn't as black&white as I (previously) thought. To be honest, up to a year ago I didn't understand ABDL at all. I was probably one of those age-regressors that didn't like ABDLs lol.

• Love
Reactions: Prillprillprill, BunnyPrincess and LittleBelleReturns
Joediaper said:
You have that right. And welcome back.

I also believe there is a misunderstanding from other communities of the ABDL label. It's actually two parts. AB which is considered agere by the majority of us as there are no sexual connotations involved. Then you have DL which are those who enjoy wearing without regressing but still doesn't have a majority of members that do it purely for sexual gratification.

Where does sex come in? Putting something foreign around your genitalia. It's very erotic no matter what it is. It can be very confusing for the person as well making them think their particular situation is a lot more sexual then it actually is. This is where a lot of guilt and shame comes from thinking something is wrong with us for sexualizing something that is supposed to be innocent. I am currently posting in another thread about this very subject and have seen it come up many times since I have been a part of the online community. Sexual feelings while wearing a diaper doesn't mean that is all it's about or the only thing someone wants to do while they are diapered. There are many of us that actually don't enjoy the interruption and wish that it would just go away. I would say most of us feel that way. We would rather just sit and play totally regressed (AB) or relaxed and comfortable (DL) and not worrying about it. It's something adult bodies are forced in to accept in your case in that you are not sexually aroused. So saying ABDL is the sexual side of the coin is actually unfair to the majority of people that call themselves ABDL.

I would blame psyches that have studied it. They put too much emphasis on the sexual aspect of ABDL in their papers and always seem to find the most outspoken, sexual ABDL's to study from. Also to blame are the extra sexual beings that force themselves on the world around them without considering the consequences of their actions. These people are in all walks of life, not just the ABDL scene. They are also very loud and outspoken so they are usually the one's most heard unfortunately. The Jerry Springer vid someone posted on these forums shows that well. Tommy, probably the absolute best spokesperson our community ever had, had a hard time being heard because of the boisterous two that demanded center stage from him.

The sexual aspect of ABDL is one very, very small facet of what being an ABDL is. And it's not something most of us flaunt and play in to around others.
Thank you :)

That's true, many are non-sexual, and that is the overlap, many could take either label.

That's the thing though, that is what I personally don't like, I see a lot of statements in ABDL spaces saying that things are by default "kinky" or "erotic" which is automatically sexualising people by categorising them as sexual beings and giving a sexual meaning to an action, I think this is what age regressors do not want at all, which is why there is a strong push to keep it away. Actions are not by default sexual, ever, because by nature everyone is different. I am asexual, when I say I have no sexuality at all, I mean it. Nothing is "erotic" or "arousing" to me at all, I know this is hard for some to understand or accept because it isn't their experience, but it's a fact, this is my experience.

My relationship with a CG would be the same as my relationship with a bio parent, I don't want that sexualised, that is what it is for me. So I think this is why it is important for agere to be separate, I think people need to be given a space where there is no questioning if something is counted as sexual in any way, because that is sexualising other people still, and unfortunately, many in ABDL still do that whether intentionally or not. Agere as a community don't want regression connected with sex in any way at all, if you wouldn't connect it with bio children, don't connect it with agere essentially, and I think people need to accept that and respect that in that space, everything else can be in other spaces, it doesn't need to be in agere too. Maybe the issue with ABDL that you raised is a sign that maybe there is a further disconnect, and having words to differentiate between those experiences may be helpful too, I think peoples resistence to having different spaces and labels for different experiences is unhelpful and makes it harder for people to find understanding and acceptance for their specific experiences.

Also, it is important to note that many age regressors do not put anything foreign around their genitalia anyway, and those that do clearly don't feel any sexual sensations at all or would probably be looking to ABDL, I think it is wrong to assume they do just because others might.

I am trying to be neutral because I don't want anyone to feel ashamed or uncomfortable with their own experiences, but I think it's important that people stop trying to merge or question a community that unanimously agrees they don't want it and have defined their own community quite clearly (completely non-sexual) into their own experiences and community, because it'll never happen, you can't force it on people, nor should you. I think ABDLs are free to lurk in the space, but just respect boundaries, and if you do post things that go against those boundaries on your accounts then respect DNIs or keep separate accounts for each. Many people are cross community, they just respect each space, like Kidden keeps certain social media accounts for certain communities but chooses to be a part of both, and both seem to accept that.

Personally I don't resonate with the ABDL label anyway, I'm not a diaper lover personally and adult baby never felt right for how I feel, I'm more of a toddler, a little. Now others may argue that I still fall under adult baby, but I don't feel I do, I don't feel that the label fits me or feels right, I am more comfortable with little, and that fits for me. I have nothing against the label for others, I respect their experiences, but for me it never felt right.

Mikochi said:
It's very similar for me and it's fun to see someone else from r/nevergrewup! I feel like I float a bit around all three communities (nevergrew, abdl and agere). There's some overlap in all three and it isn't as black&white as I (previously) thought. To be honest, up to a year ago I didn't understand ABDL at all. I was probably one of those age-regressors that didn't like ABDLs lol.
Yay! Hi! It's nice to see you here too, I need to post more on there! This is me too :LOL: there is overlap and people I resonate with that use the ABDL label, but I agree, I have had my moments of being uncomfortable with it truthfully, those feelings come up for me when people start sexualising and denying my experiences... I don't question that it is sexual for them, I can't imagine how that feels, I can't imagine now sexual feelings feel in general, but I don't deny they have those experiences and feelings, so it frustrates me when it is the other way around. I don't like it in general when people try to force their views on others, like you do you, but don't try to force your thoughts on me. It makes something that is an important part of me uncomfortable and unsafe, and that isn't fair, let me be me too!

Back